Kits Off

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Kits Off

Post by Cockatrice »

Presumably not an April Fool and our World Cup winner is leaving citing travelling back and forth to his family as a reason..

Presumably we didn’t pay him mileage or allow him to collect Air Miles..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Kits Off

Post by Neill_M »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 am Presumably not an April Fool and our World Cup winner is leaving citing travelling back and forth to his family as a reason..

So what are the financial terms of the settlement if it is a done deal etc, is it

A. Stormers buying out the remaining 2 years of £670k approx with the money going to the IRFU / Ulster based on their contributions to the salary

B. Clean break and both parties walk away, no money exchange

C. Ulster end up paying the surplus £267k for the next two seasons on top of the Stormers reported £400k salary to keep him at his current salary

D. Other
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

I assume Bryn will be gone too or does he not have to justify his recruitment strategy?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheBoat on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’d like to think it was B. Ultimately at LH he isn’t going to dramatically change UR fortunes on the pitch and he’s on big money. Absolutely no point keeping an unsettled player. No way should UR be financially subsidising any return to SA.

Will the saved contract money be reinvested? I think a lot of the savings will actually be used to ease the financial situation. I actually do feel this is gonna be a full long term UR reset, with the development of young players at its core. UR has run out of chances to rectify its self inflicted problems.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dharper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:48 am I’d like to think it was B. Ultimately at LH he isn’t going to dramatically change UR fortunes on the pitch and he’s on big money. Absolutely no point keeping an unsettled player. No way should UR be financially subsidising any return to SA.

Will the saved contract money be reinvested? I think a lot of the savings will actually be used to ease the financial situation. I actually do feel this is gonna be a full long term UR reset, with the development of young players at its core. UR has run out of chances to rectify its self inflicted problems.
I suspect so. A rocky ride awaits as we're light on prop depth and 10 obviously
Exterminate all rational thought
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

From what I can gather we are essentially in administration, with the IRFU running the show.

About time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Carr07
Novice

Post by Carr07 »

With DH at the helm is easier for IRFU to give Ulster Rugby a good shake up.

Plus he’ll have a fair idea whats required and is likely to still have eyes and ears on the ground.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dharper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:48 am I’d like to think it was B. Ultimately at LH he isn’t going to dramatically change UR fortunes on the pitch and he’s on big money. Absolutely no point keeping an unsettled player. No way should UR be financially subsidising any return to SA.

That’s the most sustainable way to go about things, however if Ulster rugby want to develop their own players, then they must invest in the schools system and coaches
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Big-al wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:06 pm

That’s the most sustainable way to go about things, however if Ulster rugby want to develop their own players, then they must invest in the schools system and coaches
100% agree, only how and when do you start when we have no money and any bailout from D4 will only be in the shape of a loan
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe the powers to be at BT6 should have thought about the financial situation before first buying a residential property for £495,000 cash… a property that has lay empty since September last year and one which they could have sold to recoup at least some of the funds to balance the books ..

Interested if the money for the 3G pitch was a pay back loan even at zero interest.. I’m told the pitch cost more than initially planned so again did the IRFU pay the balance or will next year accounts show the real costs…

Lastly how is Bryn still here … he is responsible for what’s on the pitch the prop that didn’t want to be here after one month, the lack of a number 10 capable of running a game and now another bit on the wing again at what cost ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Is this house not rented out?? SK a signature signing but stupidly not in a position we need.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:07 am
Cockatrice wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 am Presumably not an April Fool and our World Cup winner is leaving citing travelling back and forth to his family as a reason..

So what are the financial terms of the settlement if it is a done deal etc, is it

A. Stormers buying out the remaining 2 years of £670k approx with the money going to the IRFU / Ulster based on their contributions to the salary

C. Ulster end up paying the surplus £267k for the next two seasons on top of the Stormers reported £400k salary to keep him at his current salary

D. Other
Apparently Rees Zammitt was on 225k at Gloucester.
So we could have had 3 RZs for 1SK?

Bryn out!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We don’t need a Wide Receiver though.

We need a couple of Linebackers and a Defensive Tackle.

I’ll leave the Tight End gag for Dave.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:16 am
Neill_M wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:07 am

D. Other
Apparently Rees Zammitt was on 225k at Gloucester.
So we could have had 3 RZs for 1SK?

Bryn out!
Apples and oranges, the rugby transfer market assigns different relative values to different positions. For example a top tier THP is a highly prized asset for a team.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:We don’t need a Wide Receiver though.

We need a couple of Linebackers and a Defensive Tackle.

I’ll leave the Tight End gag for Dave.
Don't worry the tight ends will only insist on switching to loose ends. Then they will have nothing to do.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?