Kits Off

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Kits Off

Post by Bart S »

Now that Kits Off, the big question is whether Kok will pull out before coming.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fnarr fnarr
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nah he's all in...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Maybe you boys should chat to Ox and TOT.... :salut:
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nche has certainly found his niche.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:19 pm Nche has certainly found his niche.
Maverick to TOTs wingman
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:09 am Now that Kits Off, the big question is whether Kok will pull out before coming.
On Good Morning Ulster last week Sarah Brett said "this year the boat race crews will not be able to toss their cox in the water". Pretty sure I heard stifled laughter in the background.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:37 am
Tap+Go wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:35 pm
TheBoat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 pm No word on the guy who continually makes these shyt signings?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Wonder if he’ll do a wee video dropping the Kitsoffs off at the airport like the one picking them up. :lol:

Been a dire signing. Usually with the bigger signings they are one of the better players each week - he’s done nothing. He should be destroying tight heads for us on that moula but in true Ulster signing fashion he’s usually the one getting his Brennan handed to him. So long spicy plum!
That would be funny.

In saying that, I’ve got some sympathy with him.

A) Until you live here, you don’t realise how brad pitt the weather is;
B) He’s suffered from unrealistic expectations, not least in relation to his carrying which was rarely ever more than the odd yard and
C) Similarly, how many LHs destroy THs on a regular or even occasional basis?

Not all signings work out by any stretch of the imagination, even those of dual WC winners.
If true he didn’t move the family fully over & was travelling back & forth then I’ve no sympathy. That’s never going to work so don’t sign the contract if you don’t want to fully buy in. Played both TH & LH and always found LH the one you could do real damage if the TH didn’t get his weight down on you - which Ox displays consistently. Hence very impressive young Wilson holding his own against him recently.

Think we needed Kitsoff to be exceptional in the carry & scrum but probably not his game.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I did say at the time I didn't get the SK signing. And the implied narrative that we were to get a world class scrummager, significant carrier in the loose, Leader, club ambassador etc.. we got none of those and less than a season for what? £650k?
I also said I thought Sutherland was a better all round LH and fit for us. Still stand by that.
Some of these- Piuatau, Kitshoff, Ver Muelen etc have been vanity projects and not needed. 2m Pete in all fairness was never signed as a Marquee player, and imo was a decent squad filler.
One thing for me is that Bryns time should be up too. He's overstayed his welcome imo.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tap+Go wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:58 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:37 am
Tap+Go wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:35 pm
TheBoat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 pm No word on the guy who continually makes these shyt signings?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Wonder if he’ll do a wee video dropping the Kitsoffs off at the airport like the one picking them up. :lol:

Been a dire signing. Usually with the bigger signings they are one of the better players each week - he’s done nothing. He should be destroying tight heads for us on that moula but in true Ulster signing fashion he’s usually the one getting his Brennan handed to him. So long spicy plum!
That would be funny.

In saying that, I’ve got some sympathy with him.

A) Until you live here, you don’t realise how brad pitt the weather is;
B) He’s suffered from unrealistic expectations, not least in relation to his carrying which was rarely ever more than the odd yard and
C) Similarly, how many LHs destroy THs on a regular or even occasional basis?

Not all signings work out by any stretch of the imagination, even those of dual WC winners.
If true he didn’t move the family fully over & was travelling back & forth then I’ve no sympathy. That’s never going to work so don’t sign the contract if you don’t want to fully buy in. Played both TH & LH and always found LH the one you could do real damage if the TH didn’t get his weight down on you - which Ox displays consistently. Hence very impressive young Wilson holding his own against him recently.

Think we needed Kitsoff to be exceptional in the carry & scrum but probably not his game.
UR wished both Mr and Mrs K all the best on their return home in yesterday’s statement.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Fez having a go at both SK and Petrie on Balls.ie. Hard to argue, since he gets his info from us 😜 :bounce:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:54 pm I did say at the time I didn't get the SK signing. And the implied narrative that we were to get a world class scrummager, significant carrier in the loose, Leader, club ambassador etc.. we got none of those and less than a season for what? £650k?
I also said I thought Sutherland was a better all round LH and fit for us. Still stand by that.
Some of these- Piuatau, Kitshoff, Ver Muelen etc have been vanity projects and not needed. 2m Pete in all fairness was never signed as a Marquee player, and imo was a decent squad filler.
One thing for me is that Bryns time should be up too. He's overstayed his welcome imo.
Peter Browne still lives in Belfast.

Super bloke.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:33 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:54 pm I did say at the time I didn't get the SK signing. And the implied narrative that we were to get a world class scrummager, significant carrier in the loose, Leader, club ambassador etc.. we got none of those and less than a season for what? £650k?
Peter Browne still lives in Belfast.

Super bloke.
No quibble from me; used to see him and his missus in the city centre. He was a decent lock prone to concussion- we never seen the best of him as a result, but the Clermont game with him and Diack at Lock and Big Nick rampaging was his best game- not a bad standard to be measured against in all fairness.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I worry that with DH back in place his mate Bryns position may become stronger…. We are obviously not in a position to say to a player we’re paying you £650k so we need you to buy in and commit to Ulster.. he had previously agreed to sign for Sale but pulled out for me the signs where there but Bryn missed it and not for first time ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jim Hamilton reckons Rassie has expressed a preference for his lads to be playing in SA (Nyakane and Esterhuizen heading to the Sharks) and, more specifically, SK’s name is in the hat to be the new Saffer skipper.