Kits Off

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Kits Off

Post by So It Is »

Signing a quality LHP or THP is what good teams do to become great teams imo. Like I can see why Leinster might break the bank to sign Kitshoff if they didn't have both Porter and Healy (and probably a few other decent ones further down in the pecking order).

We needed a whole upgrade across the pack, not just in one position.

We should've put that money into the likes of Sutherland, JTA, and a baby eater in the 2nd row. Probably still have enough money left over after that lot to get a Kiwi 10 with an Irish granny as well, with the money thrown at Kitshoff.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Think Leinster have played six different fellas at TH this season……

Our capped props come the end of the season currently look like being Big Licence, Reid, TOT and Wilson.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:34 pm Think Leinster have played six different fellas at TH this season……
Only four at TH, six at loose-head.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cormac wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:38 pm
justinr73 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:34 pm Think Leinster have played six different fellas at TH this season……
Only four at TH, six at loose-head.
Correct - something went wrong between my brain and typing finger!

Saw somewhere that there were rumours of LH Jack Boyle leaving Leinster. Started all 5 games for Murphy in his first Grand Slam.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

So It Is wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:47 am Signing a quality LHP or THP is what good teams do to become great teams imo. Like I can see why Leinster might break the bank to sign Kitshoff if they didn't have both Porter and Healy (and probably a few other decent ones further down in the pecking order).

We needed a whole upgrade across the pack, not just in one position.

We should've put that money into the likes of Sutherland, JTA, and a baby eater in the 2nd row. Probably still have enough money left over after that lot to get a Kiwi 10 with an Irish granny as well, with the money thrown at Kitshoff.
Aah, but we are not a good team and with mediocre 10 for years were never going to be.......no matter what the Props trade union prattle on about
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby can confirm that Senior Men’s player, Steven Kitshoff, will leave the province at the end of the 2023/24 season.

The club and player have mutually agreed to draw the Springbok’s three-year contract to an early close, with Kitshoff set to re-sign with the Cape Town-based club he captained before arriving in Belfast.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Goodbye. Don't pass go. Don't collect £200.

He was in line to be the biggest waste of money since... some previous bok.

Can we focus on Irish players please?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

John_e_boy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:46 pm Goodbye. Don't pass go. Don't collect £200.

He was in line to be the biggest waste of money since... some previous bok.

Can we focus on Irish players please?
He was poor alright, didn’t improve the scrum, made some high profile defensive errors and cost an absolute fortune.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

All the best but this was an atrocious signing before he even touched a ball for us. It just never made sense. Concentrate on locals and if we are to bring in a foreigner sign guys who are top notch but not playing at international level and will thus play all year round for us. Plenty of NZ'ers and SA'ns fit the bill.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

No word on the guy who continually makes these shyt signings?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

TheBoat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 pm No word on the guy who continually makes these shyt signings?

Wonder if he’ll do a wee video dropping the Kitsoffs off at the airport like the one picking them up. :lol:

Been a dire signing. Usually with the bigger signings they are one of the better players each week - he’s done nothing. He should be destroying tight heads for us on that moula but in true Ulster signing fashion he’s usually the one getting his Brennan handed to him. So long spicy plum!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The FIRFU need to see sense. They are still of the view that too many foreign players will block local talent. We have demonstrated very clearly that this is far from the truth. Connacht were allowed different rules around NIQs at a time. Each province should have a weighted number of permitted NIQs not just an arbitrary number. At present we have two. Neither worth it. Why not spread the cost of one world cup winner into 2 or 3 players (I know this has been suggested). The squad is in a dire state. Nuciwank is stuck in his concrete worldview. Thankfully he is being moved on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

As previously stated, the NIQ rule is nonsensical if we’re obliged to pack a squad with brad pitt IQ players that we don’t select, nevermind Ireland.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tap+Go wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:35 pm
TheBoat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 pm No word on the guy who continually makes these shyt signings?

Wonder if he’ll do a wee video dropping the Kitsoffs off at the airport like the one picking them up. :lol:

Been a dire signing. Usually with the bigger signings they are one of the better players each week - he’s done nothing. He should be destroying tight heads for us on that moula but in true Ulster signing fashion he’s usually the one getting his Brennan handed to him. So long spicy plum!
That would be funny.

In saying that, I’ve got some sympathy with him.

A) Until you live here, you don’t realise how brad pitt the weather is;
B) He’s suffered from unrealistic expectations, not least in relation to his carrying which was rarely ever more than the odd yard and
C) Similarly, how many LHs destroy THs on a regular or even occasional basis?

Not all signings work out by any stretch of the imagination, even those of dual WC winners.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A loose head is not there to destroy the tight head he his there to steady the scrum and withstand the ( frequently illegal ) pressure put on him by the tight head thus ensure your possession on your ball .

The only way a loose head can put pressure on the tight head is by BORING or PULLING or LIFTING the tight head -- ALL are illegal and unfortunately overlooked and allowed by too many referees.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist