Teflon Man

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Teflon Man

Post by Cockatrice »

How does Teflon man survive time after time ? Is none of this his concern?

https://ulster.rugby/content/operations ... cunningham
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Teflon Man

Post by Dave »

He picks people from the airport but doesn't drop them off....a complete badass
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

He's been absolutely brutal.

https://x.com/aCrawfordz/status/1776324 ... bYA8Q&s=08
GKbGBK7XgAA1oUZ.jpg
GKbGBK7XgAA1oUZ.jpg (38.12 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Almost everything in his job remit has been poor.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

TheBoat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:30 am He's been absolutely brutal.

https://x.com/aCrawfordz/status/1776324 ... AA1oUZ.jpg

Yes, this created a good debate on Twitter / Facebook. Didn't agree with some of his individual colour choices but the overall point is fair that there has been a lot more misses than hits.

For example, he has Baby Humph, Coetzee, Addison and Piutau as green. All of which I disagree with.
Last edited by Neill_M on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Lost any interest in that spreadsheet as soon as I saw 2MP was in red.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:10 pm Lost any interest in that spreadsheet as soon as I saw 2MP was in red.
Yes, thought that was harsh.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 am [quote=TheBoat post_id=737310 time=<a href="tel:1712399454">1712399454</a> user_id=2187]
He's been absolutely brutal.

https://x.com/aCrawfordz/status/1776324 ... AA1oUZ.jpg

Yes, this created a good debate on Twitter / Facebook. Didn't agree with some of his individual colour choices but the overall point is fair that there has been a lot more misses than hits.

For example, he has Baby Humph, Coetzee, Addison and Piutau as green. All of which I disagree with.
[/quote]

I too don’t agree with some of those choices but for different reasons…

Coetzee was good but out with long term injury and again jumped ship when rehabilitated to try for SA.

Simply too many poor choices and he is the man with 100% responsibility for all that..

He also was responsible for all coaching recruitment during that time and repeatedly we are of the opinion last few coaches haven’t been up to fixing the problem in the long term…

I heard Hugh say focus is on the 3-5 yr strategy but Bryn has been responsible for that for how long now ??

Piutau was the highest paid player in the league £500,000pa box office and great to watch but short term and went for bigger pay day at Bristol..

Addison was injury prone when he came and became a bigger sick note playing little.. other clubs look at these things.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockers, was it Bryn sorted Neil Doak out with a wee number as the elite player development officer at UR.

Belfast Harlequins just about avoided relegation last year under his coaching and were relegated today from 2B into the 5th tier of AIL rugby. A professional coach, and has a club like Harlequins going backwards.

If he cannot progress a club in the centre of Belfast with an ex professional 10, a No.8 that played NPC in NZ, Methody old boys on tap...
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Presumably Munster fans will have similar quibbles over the likes of Zebo, Snyman, Saili, Fekitoa, Jenkins, Frisch, Salanoa, Knox, Grobler, Botha and De Allende….

Petrie played a significant role in identifying signings according to Jackman btw.

I haven’t enough battery left on my iPad to list the number of brad pitt signings that Peter Ridsdale has overseen at PNE.

He freely admits to anticipating that three poor signings will be made for every two decent ones.

That’s probably realistic although I think he’s some way off actually achieving that.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I do question what is good about UR non playing staff, who is actually top notch? Bryn I do think has to go, and the main questions about building a great culture are what structures you want, and what people. With Petrie and Bryn it has felt there has been no clear accountability, clear responsibility between the two, and when you hear about the different committees it is clear that has to change as again it reduces transparency on a how well a person performs their role. Still think we need one person where we have had Petrie and Bryn, unless we have one covering the professional side and one the amateur club side which might be a good idea although at a sensible salary for the amateur side.

In terms of getting the right people I think we have to consider as part of the process whether someone is a native of Ulster and bleeds for the province, but could be part of a jobs for the boys network, or we go for someone that has got the job but is an outsider. Bryn and Petrie suggest that neither is a clear path to go down, but we do need to start getting top notch people into important roles. Why are we not getting top notch people, why are we failing in that respect? Is it Dublin don't give a toss about their Belfast branch, really don't know. It does look like Humphries is clearing out a lot of the waste, hopefully we do start to get great appointments.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

D4 do care now, and rightly so, when we're running at a loss, we're a parasite draining the coffers.

This feeling sorry for ourselves that we don't get the rub from D4 needs to stop, the wow me feeling sorry for ones self, the chip on the shoulder, its pathetic...... the IRFU is a business, if one of the branches is not up to scratch, whilst the other is selling out Lansdowne Road yet again and making them a healthy profit where do you put your investment.

If the IRFU were a private company, they'd be looking as to whether Ulster were viable, and if consolidating with the other three provinces would be a wiser move. Ulsters main purpose is to feed players to the international team, since Henderson, only Tom Stewart has come through as a home grown international forward. There were zero Ulster players in recent 6 nation international squads. The returns aren't there and national team hasn't suffered.

Nuke us now.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:26 pm D4 do care now, and rightly so, when we're running at a loss, we're a parasite draining the coffers.

This feeling sorry for ourselves that we don't get the rub from D4 needs to stop, the wow me feeling sorry for ones self, the chip on the shoulder, its pathetic...... the IRFU is a business, if one of the branches is not up to scratch, whilst the other is selling out Lansdowne Road yet again and making them a healthy profit where do you put your investment.

If the IRFU were a private company, they'd be looking as to whether Ulster were viable, and if consolidating with the other three provinces would be a wiser move. Ulsters main purpose is to feed players to the international team, since Henderson, only Tom Stewart has come through as a home grown international forward. There were zero Ulster players in recent 6 nation international squads. The returns aren't there and national team hasn't suffered.

Nuke us now.
Did they not care before? Not sure there are many Ulster supporters that are feeling sorry for our treatment (other than PJ and SO), they are angry that we are producing so little and those responsible have got away with it for too long.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:10 pm Lost any interest in that spreadsheet as soon as I saw 2MP was in red.
Agreed, 2MP was a warrior. Similar to Tim Barker in my eyes in that he tried o make up for a lack of natural ability with aggression.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm
Agreed, 2MP was a warrior. Similar to Tim Barker in my eyes in that he tried o make up for a lack of natural ability with aggression.
Maybe not necessarily aggression as such but he certainly did his level best and kept improving , once he’d settled in.