Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by Neill_M »

REFEREE
Christophe Ridley (Eng)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 1
Joe James (Eng)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 2
Hamish Smales (Eng)
TMO
Dean Richards (Eng)
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by Bart S »

Neill_M wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:52 pm REFEREE
Christophe Ridley (Eng)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 1
Joe James (Eng)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 2
Hamish Smales (Eng)
TMO
Dean Richards (Eng)
Does the TMO's remit for spotting foul play include faking blood injuries?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by Neill_M »

My Sky listings now showing TNT Sports 3 for the game.
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

Open training session at Ravenhill at 10.00 on Friday hardly seems ideal for playing a match in France 24 hrs later! 🤷‍♂️
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rem99 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:33 pm Open training session at Ravenhill at 10.00 on Friday hardly seems ideal for playing a match in France 24 hrs later! 🤷‍♂️
They only left Belfast at 2pm on Saturday for a lunchtime game in Montpellier on the Sunday. Got to Montpellier around 6pm local time.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:08 pm
Rem99 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:33 pm Open training session at Ravenhill at 10.00 on Friday hardly seems ideal for playing a match in France 24 hrs later! 🤷‍♂️
They only left Belfast at 2pm on Saturday for a lunchtime game in Montpellier on the Sunday. Got to Montpellier around 6pm local time.
And yet they looked so clinical and accurate on the pitch :lol:
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

If SK and Hendo are out >seeya SF chances
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Kitshoff/Warwick
Herring
TOT
Sheridan
Hendy/AOC
Timoney
Reffell
McCann
Cooney
Doak
Stockdale
McCloskey
Hume
Baloucoune
Lowry
Subs - Stewart
Warwick/EOS
Wilson
Izzy
Ewers
Flannery
Moore
Addison
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:13 pm Kitshoff/Warwick
Herring
TOT
Sheridan
Hendy/AOC
Timoney
Reffell
McCann
Cooney
Doak
Stockdale
McCloskey
Hume
Baloucoune
Lowry
Subs - Stewart
Warwick/EOS
Wilson
Izzy
Ewers
Flannery
Moore
Addison
I wouldn’t start AOC after last week, he was anonymous and looks finished
Take a risk and let the two young bucks (Sheridan and Izzzy) make a name for themselves.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agreed Al. AOC s decline has been as sad as it has been rapid. The whole point was that although limited he was worth the investment by getting his hands dirty tackling, shoring up mauls etc.. Becoming a ruck inspector. Totally off the pace.
Exterminate all rational thought
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I would have Moore instead of Lowry, Wilson instead of O'Toole, and Izzy instead of AOC as others have said but Murphy will probably think differently.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

The reality is that without SK and Hendy, our pack on paper does not have what it takes to beat up a French pack. The only way we managed to do it last week with those 2 was because Montpellier's pack lost its collective mind.

So I agree with Big-Al, let the young bucks make a name for themselves. Its a shot to nothing anyway. The league and qualifying for the Champions Cup should be the priority given our financial situation.

I'd go with:

Big Licence
Herring
Wilson
Izzy
Sheridan
Ewers (if he can be arsed)
McCann
Timoney

Stewart
A.N. Other
TOT
A.N. Other
Marcus Rea (or anyone fit that isn't Matty or Greg)
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:36 pm I would have Moore instead of Lowry, Wilson instead of O'Toole, and Izzy instead of AOC as others have said but Murphy will probably think differently.
Moore was probably our most effective back last weekend and probably along with a McCloskey the only back you could trust to make the correct decision under pressure.

He is criminally underused at Ulster.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

So It Is wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm The reality is that without SK and Hendy, our pack on paper does not have what it takes to beat up a French pack. The only way we managed to do it last week with those 2 was because Montpellier's pack lost its collective mind.

So I agree with Big-Al, let the young bucks make a name for themselves. Its a shot to nothing anyway. The league and qualifying for the Champions Cup should be the priority given our financial situation.

I'd go with:

Big Licence
Herring
Wilson
Izzy
Sheridan
McCann
Timoney

Stewart
A.N. Other
TOT
A.N. Other
So It Is wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm The reality is that without SK and Hendy, our pack on paper does not have what it takes to beat up a French pack. The only way we managed to do it last week with those 2 was because Montpellier's pack lost its collective mind.

I'd go with:

Big Licence
Herring
Wilson
Izzy
Sheridan
McCann
Timoney

Stewart
A.N. Other
TOT
A.N. Other
Greg Jones hasn't featured all season for Ulster. Matty will break the 100 cap mark soon. 97 I think currently