Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by Hans Indaruck »

The decision now for many Ulster supporters is - would I get more enjoyment out of buying 3 or 4 cases of wine or suffering the pain of wet nights at Ravenhill watching self inflicted harm by renewing a season ticket!?!
Hope is not a strategy.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by justinr73 »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:36 pm The decision now for many Ulster supporters is - would I get more enjoyment out of buying 3 or 4 cases of wine or suffering the pain of wet nights at Ravenhill watching self inflicted harm by renewing a season ticket!?!
I’m going for both.

Two bottles before I set off and one when I get home.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Where to from here?

We're broke, mass exodus coming at the end of the season leaving a skeleton squad who seem very injury-prone. No long-term CEO or head coach secured, lost our biggest sponsor, Champions Cup looking less likely next year meaning even less income, likely fewer season tickets sold etc etc.

How do we get out of this?

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The thing that is currently bothering me is that results like today used to seriously pi$h me off, but now it's so obvious and expected its just meh.

We are crap and shall remain so. There's no cavalry coming over the hill and gubbings like this shall continue. We're getting further away from winning anything.

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
MrBBell
Novice

Post by MrBBell »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:01 pm
So It Is wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:51 pm Stewart's darts . . .
When did he develop that silly throwing style?

I don’t remember him doing it last season.
I think he gets an easy ride due to his try scoring prowess last season.

Scrum always looks weaker when he is on the pitch, and the ''darts'' speak for themselves.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I've renewed the season ticket. I don't believe taking more money out of the system is going to make things any better. I appreciate that for some it is a major outlay each year, but not renewing now outside of financial resons isn't going to help. We've lost the CEO and head coach with a major sponsor next. What else change will reduced numbers through the gate bring about only more hardship.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Fair play Jean but this is bigger than 1-2k season ticket swing. If we weren't shored up by FIRFU we would go the way of LIR, Wasps and Worcester. Bit like NI, we are the rugby equivalent of the Civil service- a lot of passengers, sick notes, and those milking a living, with no real effective managemen with the guts to clear the decks, supported by subvention, with only a few noteworthy professionals having enough pride and guts to keep the rudderless ship afloat.

Otherwise, any private owner would've sent us into receivership.
We have a large loyal fan base most pro teams would die for, and a proud history being, as Jim TUV would say... " squandered"
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Fair play Jean but this is bigger than 1-2k season ticket swing. If we weren't shored up by FIRFU we would go the way of LIR, Wasps and Worcester. Bit like NI, we are the rugby equivalent of the Civil service- a lot if passengers, sick notes, supported by subvention, with only a few noteworthy professionals having enough pride and guts to keep the rudderless ship afloat.

Otherwise, any private owner would've sent us into receivership
Completely agree CI, we have a long way to travel. My point is we are not far off rock bottom and I don't trust the irfu to completely bail us out.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Me neither. We honestly need sponsors or wealthy backers quickly, but who'd want to?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Really that should've been last week's score until Montpellier decided to focus on Top 14. An extra week kidding ourselves
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bar an HIA appearance last week and a minute at the end, Murphy has kept Flannery warming the bench for three whole matches.

If he isn’t going to use him then why have him there? Lowry could have covered in an emergency.

Cooney has had to go 80 minutes for four in a row , including Stormers when Shanners was sat on the bench all game.

Not sure what the thinking is.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agreed
Soda
Novice

Clermont v Ulster, Saturday April 13 12:30pm (UK Time) TNT Sports - Actual Channel TBC

Post by Soda »

jean valjean wrote:I've renewed the season ticket. I don't believe taking more money out of the system is going to make things any better. I appreciate that for some it is a major outlay each year, but not renewing now outside of financial resons isn't going to help. We've lost the CEO and head coach with a major sponsor next. What else change will reduced numbers through the gate bring about only more hardship.
I thought that too , then they increased our season tickets by 10%

By rights we should be getting a discount for sub standard fare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Doak is no more a pro 10 than I am.

Flannery isn’t good enough to usurp him.

We are in big trouble.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

thecrouch wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:26 pm Doak is no more a pro 10 than I am.

Flannery isn’t good enough to usurp him.

We are in big trouble.
You are right.

But the focus on 10 is way down the priority list. I've said before that I don't think peak Dan Carter playing 10 for us would make a huge difference atm, playing behind our forwards.

Our pack is tom kite. And has been for ages. We need 4 or 5 Nick Williams-type signings. Lads that aren't expecting big money, but are very hungry to prove a point, and love running over the top of the opposition.