Leinster site makeover

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Leinster site makeover

Post by cables »

See: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newspage/62324.html

Not quite clear exactly what they are heading for but I get the impression they are heading away from the IRFU style site.

Will be "Premium Level" features take off at 50 euros?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Hard to say cables, even at 25 Euro for Season Ticket holders there would need to be some significant benefit to it before I could imagine feeling tempted.

Looks to me like a Leinster branch initiative to boost income without really giving true consideration to the punters - if MR spots that he'll probably do the same to the main UB site..... :?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

On the Leinster MB it has been confirmed that the basic MB will continue to be free.

Is there also a move within the 25/50 euro pricing to attract more season ticket holders?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

It really sounds like another cart before the horse move.

I could see people joining a supporters club with a range on benefits, one of which is an exclusinve area on the web-site (sound familiar?), but I really can't fathom joining a premium web-site as an end in itself. Maybe I'm just too tight :shock:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Stop talking about money it will only put ideas in fermain's head :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Ha!, pay for premium content, like watching video clips, I don't think so! Wonder what website had that one first? :roll: and with plenty of volunteers, why should fans have to pay money, to join a website to see them. :shock: You don't have to pay to join the uafc!, It's free!...also free is the comedic abuse you'll get from other posters on this forum :lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:Ha!, pay for premium content, like watching video clips, I don't think so! Wonder what website had that one first?
We could charge Leinster supporters for clips of their players if they want :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Not a good idea. I woner how many will pay for that. Maybe they got the idea of the Irish Club idea. Where you get exclusive content etc. But anything exclusive that is worthwhile will be in the rags.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster site makeover

Post by colinh »

cables wrote:See: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newspage/62324.html

Not quite clear exactly what they are heading for but I get the impression they are heading away from the IRFU style site.

Will be "Premium Level" features take off at 50 euros?
Looks like it is asleep awaiting the new dawn ........

Colin :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

The Irish supporters club organised a bash in Lansdowne Road for the 1st Lions game.

It was a good evening: got to look around the dressing rooms and they had Mick Galwey as guest speaker before, during and after the game. Nice bar and good finger food, shame the Lions were Tom Kite.

Next event is a Q&A session with EOS which could be interesting.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Sounds like fun Barney.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

It was indeed Colin.

For a first event, it was very well organised. Good turn out too, somewhere between 150 and 200 in all I would guess.

Happy enough that I'm getting value for my 50 euro if the events continue to be of similar quality.

Can't see myself forking over that kind of cash for "exclusive" web content though. Sounds like the thin end of the wedge.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Had a bit of a gawk at their new site :roll: no sign of anything about a premium level that I can see yet. Message board very quiet and sensible :roll: so nothing changes there :lol:
Rory Best
Magical O' Driscoll

Post by Magical O' Driscoll »

On the irish rugby site if you try to view some of the videos from the past irish games it doesnt work so if their is a problem and people have paid for it they are going to get ripped off.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

and people have paid for it they are going to get ripped off.
yes being your father I know exactly how that feels.

Dad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52