Ref beaten with his white stick again..!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Ref beaten with his white stick again..!!

Post by ballpark »

Was gonna say, I can't believe the Welsh fans moaning about the ref again, but unfortunately having had to listen to them yet again, I can believe. :(

Common denominator was/is we didn't win and surprise, surprise the Scarlets fans even moaned about the ref when they WERE lucky to win -against the Borders. :shock:

Now the refs aint perfect and we have been on the wrong end of their stick ourselves but IMHO Welsh teams and their fans should take a look at their tactics and how they play before they pick on the man in the middle.

Last nights first half was a typically Welsh performance, replete with off the ball shoulder charges, forwards falling over in rucks on the wrong side, wandering around offside as if on a feckin' day out to Swansea beach
and of course no game against Welsh opposition is complete without Ulster players suffering injury to varying degrees. Funny that one where it not so serious. :cry:

Seems the Welsh teams are happy to try and wind up Harrison and then complain when he stands up for himself and the Ulstermen. Seems strange that it is only Welsh teams where this happens, our where slug fests break out off the ball with unerring frequency.

Message to Welsh fans:

When your teams concentrate on rugby then we can discuss the refs with some degree of objectivity, in the meantime trying to exert your moral authority on the rugby pitch with borderline physical tactics only serves to increase the degree of contempt to which Welsh opposition are viewed by myself and I imagine a few other non welsh and Ulster fans. :joker:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:salut: BP , they now think rugby is a total war of attrition and no longer a skillfull game in West Engerland :evil: :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

well said BP
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Have posted it on the Scarlets site under the Harrison thread and will post it on Scrum V tomorrow. Probably get a predictable reaction. :shock:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Here it is Scarlet Fever MB
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
OSPREYCELT
Novice

Post by OSPREYCELT »

Why are there Northern Ireland flags flying at Ulster games?????
OSPREYCELT
Novice

Re: Ref beaten with his white stick again..!!

Post by OSPREYCELT »

ballpark wrote:Was gonna say, I can't believe the Welsh fans moaning about the ref again, but unfortunately having had to listen to them yet again, I can believe. :(

Common denominator was/is we didn't win and surprise, surprise the Scarlets fans even moaned about the ref when they WERE lucky to win -against the Borders. :shock:

Now the refs aint perfect and we have been on the wrong end of their stick ourselves but IMHO Welsh teams and their fans should take a look at their tactics and how they play before they pick on the man in the middle.

Last nights first half was a typically Welsh performance, replete with off the ball shoulder charges, forwards falling over in rucks on the wrong side, wandering around offside as if on a feckin' day out to Swansea beach
and of course no game against Welsh opposition is complete without Ulster players suffering injury to varying degrees. Funny that one where it not so serious. :cry:

Seems the Welsh teams are happy to try and wind up Harrison and then complain when he stands up for himself and the Ulstermen. Seems strange that it is only Welsh teams where this happens, our where slug fests break out off the ball with unerring frequency.

Message to Welsh fans:

When your teams concentrate on rugby then we can discuss the refs with some degree of objectivity, in the meantime trying to exert your moral authority on the rugby pitch with borderline physical tactics only serves to increase the degree of contempt to which Welsh opposition are viewed by myself and I imagine a few other non welsh and Ulster fans. :joker:
That has got to be the biggest pile of drivel I have ever read. Its rugby not football. Stop moaning about players getting injured or take up netball. you big girl
Wee Bunz
Novice

Post by Wee Bunz »

OSPREYCELT wrote:Why are there Northern Ireland flags flying at Ulster games?????
Why are there sheep in your bed???

Ans - Personal preference

If you think you can come on here and stir up political crap, you can fekk off back to West Engerland!!!
OSPREYCELT
Novice

Post by OSPREYCELT »

Such a grown up response well done. But why is the northern irish flag flown. Read some of the Anti Welsh posts and tell me who is stirring it.
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

Not this again.

Why not? Well, Ulster is 1/3 made up with counties from the Republic of Ireland, which has a different flag.

Why? The Ulster flag is ugly
OSPREYCELT
Novice

Post by OSPREYCELT »

Because I was told by others thats its not northern ireland but Ulster. I believe there is an Ulster flag. This isnt a jibe but a question. Ugly flag ???
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Indeed, Ulster is not Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is the 6 counties (Antrim, Down, Armagh, Fermanagh, Tyrone, L'Derry) whereas Ulster is one of the Irish provinces and includes 3 counties from the south (Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan). So yes, the N.Ireland flag only covers 2/3 of Ulster.

The Ulster flag is yellow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ulster and looks a bit odd versus the Northern Ireland flag (white and red) and the red and white checked flag.

Personally, I prefer the neutral Ulster rugby flag and the red and white checked one. less contraversal.
doodle
Novice

Post by doodle »

Last edited by doodle on Sun May 21, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSPREYCELT
Novice

Post by OSPREYCELT »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:Indeed, Ulster is not Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is the 6 counties (Antrim, Down, Armagh, Fermanagh, Tyrone, L'Derry) whereas Ulster is one of the Irish provinces and includes 3 counties from the south (Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan). So yes, the N.Ireland flag only covers 2/3 of Ulster.

The Ulster flag is yellow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ulster and looks a bit odd versus the Northern Ireland flag (white and red) and the red and white checked flag.

Personally, I prefer the neutral Ulster rugby flag and the red and white checked one. less contraversal.
See !!!!!!! Thats a proper reply, Not "I hate the Welsh " or "they play mean" or "Harrison is hard done by" Nice one. It takes a female prospective to sort us out. :D
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

OSPREYCELT wrote:See !!!!!!! Thats a proper reply, Not "I hate the Welsh " or "they play mean" or "Harrison is hard done by" Nice one. It takes a female prospective to sort us out. :D

Awh thanks! :wink: But just to say I think very few people at Ulster rugby see the flag as a contentious issue, as YM said it's a red and white thing - hence the reason the yellow Ulster flag looks wrong.

As a side...I personally don't like the Northern Irish flag. It reminds me of people who fly it on a flagpole outside their house which I don't like. For some reason the Irish Tricolor causes me less offence!