Off Topic ... not so sure

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Agree with all of that Rooster, I certainly really didn't want reminding what those guys were guilty off, though I well inderstand CT's point in posting it, perhaps the starkness of the list contributed to a feeling of unease.

Certainly the committee could approach O'Neills for a clear the air talk but as I pointed out earlier UR already have an assoication however loose with the Maze and it's historical connections by way of signing up to the new stadium however tacit that agreement is and by extension the supporters therfore O'Neills might well be justified in pointing this out if they are approached on the subject of the shirt topic.

PS: ... and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round :roll: Lyric writer for Status Quo i presume :roll: .
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster- The original problem stems from the fact that the subject was being discussed in the back-room chat and after a post from BP it was moved to the rumour section the explanation, which I accept that it was becoming too serious.

It was only then that I posted my summery of the Hunger Strikers something that I still stand by given that they were the subject matter of the original thread.

As for O’Neill’s I think it is right to discuss this on the board given they are a sponsor of our supporters club awards. I am still not convinced that they launched these shirts as their own promotion but rather that a third party placed an order through them. However an explanation for that may be something that is required depending on others.

By this time the debate, which I think everyone agrees was proceeding in an orderly fashion had touched on the subject of the Maze. IMHO I took the view that many readers would not be aware of the connection with the museum in having the stadium built or who these people actually where at the centre of that and the O'Neill's shirts.

As such I made a factual based comment explaining who these men where and what they had done assuming that many contributing to the debate wouldn't be able to recall who or what they where. In doing so I was not making a broad sweeping political statement on an unrelated matter but a point directly related to the origin of the thread.

If is made uncomfortable reading for some then so be it as I for one know only too well the consequences of the actions of these men and others who profess similar causes.

The original reason provided for the closure from the mod was that it had gone off topic and that as a result it was therefore locked. I didn't think it had although the thread was potentially political from the off-set.

It has since been suggested that some see this subject go round and round and round and round and as such that is good enough reason for locking it. Another than some are simply fed up with the subject and that is good reason.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

I think the debate CT was anything but go round and round, unfortunately it seems some can't resist just having to tell you they're not interested in it, which is a pity because Freddie Flintoff and Provincial rugby don't seem to have much in common either, though if you believed the round and round poster there is some relevance apparently :shock:

I agree with what you say re O'Neill's motives in printing the shirts.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

ballpark wrote: Freddie Flintoff and Provincial rugby don't seem to have much in common either, though if you believed the round and round poster there is some relevance apparently
Yes, there is definitely relevance... and all will be revealed when Jamesie shows the picture... :wink:
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

I don't much care Mike but then again i wouldn't dream of spoiling the party in a round and round sort of manner :roll:
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

ballpark wrote: Freddie Flintoff and Provincial rugby don't seem to have much in common either, though if you believed the round and round poster there is some relevance apparently
lord parkball... as it happens i think the plight of freddie flintoff has a lot more relevance and meaning to most people on this site than the feckin currie cup that you were ramblin' on about on this very forum :?
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

The Currie cup is a rugby competition Jim not a feckin' cuisine contest if that's what you mean :roll:
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

ballpark wrote:The Currie cup is a rugby competition Jim not a feckin' cuisine contest if that's what you mean :roll:
jim!? :evil:

yes i know parky... i accept that it should've been posted in the 'back room' but that said my point was that i reckon most of us would have more interest in freddies fitness for the ashes than that feckin currie cup guff :roll: