Planet Rugby view on Ulster.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Planet Rugby view on Ulster.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Final league position prediction: 9th
sportingodds.com prediction (31/8 ): 25/1 to win the Celtic League
worth a tenner I reckon!! :D
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not even a mention of Harrison :shock: just Boss :?
Don't know about the win fermain but I would hope a lot better than 9th :twisted:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

fermain - spot on. Will you take €uros instead though?

In fairness browner - I think they (Planet Rugby) did a fair job overall. We should applaud MMC and crew for getting Boss and Harrison also - and Harrison’s seems to already have had an uplifting effect even in 2 friendlies. As many of you have posted - our lineout looks like we might compete this year - what would we have given for that last season?

The question for me is the issue of Boss and who goes where and who doesn’t and who'll get dumped and why etc. Apart from that - as usual Planet Rugby are close to the mark.

I have a simple target for the coming season (with no real beliefs of Heiny success) just finish above Leinster and Munster and stick it to EOS and his morons.

Come on Ulster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

LeP. Evidence from the friendlies is that we should secure our own line-out better. Precious little sign yet of us competing on opposition throws though. Still, Harrison looks like an inspired signing. And lets not forget Fitzy - A serious bit of hardness back in the pack for this season.

Agree with Rooster that 9th will simply be NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Need to finish top four, and especially need to fininsh abouve the Ladyboys and if possible Munster.

A long hard road ahead and some serious fortress rebuilding to do.... :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I am afraid I am going to spoil the party and disagree. To quote Mr Bp it looks like another piece of lazy journalism. No mention of Justin Harrison or Fitzpatrick nor a mention of a retunr to play by Neil McMillan. Looks like they have just glossed over a couple of match reports, looked at last season's positions and the rest is uninspired. As for our fortress going into the Lagan. Sure that can be said but no mention of the 3 HEC games here where again we sent well fancied teams home with their tails between their legs. They do not even have Harrison in the squad and I was unaware that Lewis Stevenson was in the squad. These guys need to get their facts right.

Come on you lot stop being lamers and show some faith in your team.

Colin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Feck them all and Cooommmeeeee onnnnnnnn Ulllsssttteeeerrrrr. If Churchhill had show the same spirit we would all be now working in slave camps somewhere in Germany.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

The former centre was in charge of Ballynahinch before Alan Solomons took him on board as the backline coach at Ulster.
Again not strictly correct ....
He immediately went into coaching, and was drafted into the Ulster set-up where he assisted Head Coach Harry Williams during the rest of the 1998-99 season and throughout 1999-00 as well as coaching club side Ballynahinch.
as taken from the Ulster Rugby site.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

Party pooper colinh. I dont doubt your views but there is a better feel (as far as I can determine from over here) than we felt last season. Something to build on is better than nothing at all surely.

And anyway - Mr BP is off line - hee hee!!!! so we can say what we like.
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

At any rate, they can't be any worse. :lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

further to the 'lazy journalism' - Connacht are also predicted to finish 9th.

And what really makes their preview unbelievable is that they predict the Ladyboys to win the CL.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

And what really makes their preview unbelievable is that they predict the Ladyboys to win the CL.
They may at last have the coaching staff to do the job but I am not so sure about their pack which has been greatly weakened by looses across the water and age.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Don't think Planet Rugby have much interest in the CL and this is definitely a bit of a 'thrown together' piece. Our target has to be a top 4 finish I don't think anything else should be acceptable. As for the Heiny we should be looking at finishing second at least.
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

2nd in the overall competition or 2nd in Group ding?

I reckon 2nd in group is realistic, 2nd in Competition shows real optimism :lol: :shock: :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I agree with ding - 4th or better CL, 2nd ERC group at least
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

PW runners up would be a wonderful surprise but for this year I would settle for 2nd in the group
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012