Ulster Rugby Residents Association

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

Bad form CT!
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

I think the Branch have actual done that which is necessary

met them and listened to them

The branch has also acted to minimize disruption

Signs at the gates asking poeple to recognise it is a residential area

Last year the volume was lowered for the late kick off

Regarding the redevelopment the capacity will be reduced thus again reducing disruption

As to when the works start those problems may be handled under the contract but as with any building works there is always going to be some disrurption dust and dirt but it is a large site thus most of the effect will be confined to within the grounds them selves i.e there won't be a load of skips lining the road

With the two entrances it will be possible to use one to enter the site and one to leave it thus limiting traffic in either direction to 50% of total volume
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Moley back……….

I don’t know…… leave you a couple of days and off you go………..

Anyway……first Mole is male………. although can sometimes act like a big girls blouse when he has had too many campari and sodas……. So no need for these “(s)he” references……

Secondly……. I myself do not want to be forced into the position where I have to take the route of formally objecting to the Ravenhill development IF the management and development committee take heed of my concerns as a resident and act as a result. There may be other residents who have different views who will (and maybe already have) registered their objections to the development plans. I don’t know….. but I agree with pwrmoore and would suggest the agreement approach is one that would be of benefit to both sides……..

Ballpark…. I agree….. however if the UR management had shown even the least concern to the residents 6, 12, 18 months ago then the position could have been a lot better.

Over a year ago I attended a meeting given by UR (at very short notice I might add and not widely advertised) at which they promised further contact and discussion…… an undertaking they failed miserably to uphold….. then I read this year in the Mike Reid interview (can’t find the link to it now) how the development of Ravers was progressing with no problems at all……….

By the way there seem to be a large number of big names not available for the Borders match tonight……. What’s up……. Just a run out?

And another thing.... why does my season ticket not cover the game next Friday?.......... just had to buy one.........
I'm a mole and I live in a hole..............
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

bogboy says.......
I think the Branch have actual done that which is necessary...... met them and listened to them
Rubbish.......

As I mentioned in my last post........ UR have not done "that which is necessary". Over a year ago they called at short notice an evening meeting at which they told the residents that they wished to consult with them over the development. They then proceeded to do absolutely sod all.... The meeting was only called so that they could put on their planning application that consultation with local residents has taken place or if asked they could say "yes, we have consulted with the local residents..." Don't get me started on this it really gets my goat.......

....... were you at the meeting........ did you gat an official report from it...... are you on the management or development committee of UR....... if not any of these they you do not know what UR have or have not done..... I was there........ I am a resident..... I well and truly pi$$ed off with the attitude that UR can do no wrong and are too lazy or incompetent to do anything right...... If the URRA can force a change in the arcane management structures and styles in UR then power to their elbow....

I'll have to go now as I have just spat blood all over my keyboard.....
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Moley, I agree with a lot of what Powermor says and much of what CT elaborates also. I can understand your attitude towards some posters which Paul has remarked on. Bottom line for me here is and I come from a point of view of having been involved in planning processes, is that 'the best is yet to come' as the man said..

The planniing proces will allow the URRA to put forward a strong case for their agenda.

What I would say is be careful that you don't come across as all antagonistic and negative, ie acknowledge that UR have taken measuress to alleviate problems round your area, at the same time put it to the planners that you have problems, practical ones which cause you to lose

use of your driveway during match nights, because of 'lazy bar stewards' who can't be bothered parking further away and walking.

Say that you don't mind people parking as long as they do it in a sensible manner, after all if someone in your area held a party in your vincinity, you might find your driveway blocked by some idiot who doesn't give a damn. At the same time try to stress your not against the Ravers development but merely wish alleviate the bi monthly problems of match nights.

It is difficult beyond such sentiments to see why residents have a problem with Ravenhill and Ulster rugby fans using it.
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

ballpark

If someone was holding a big party in my area I would at least expect them to tell me about it before hand and offer me an invitation........

Note .....consultation prior to the event....... inclusion in the event........ now what is UR approach...... no consultation....... exclusion from the event........
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

a wee song for the local residents to learn b4 the Italian game ----

http://www.irishlinks.co.uk/irish-national-anthem.htm

Could i also suggest the URRA circulate nearer the time a leaflet with the words also in Ulster-Scots?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Mike

What's that suppose to mean?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

well quite simple really - if u put The Soldiers Song into Ulster-Scots it may not "offend" people so much as it apparently currently does. And i gather steps r in hand 4 this to b done. Somebody probably getting a grant to do it. Seems strange i no but then we live in unusual and unsettling times. Personally i like the tune compared to a lot of National Anthems and hum along quite merrily at Lansdowne Road to it - they cud maybe just work on the words a bit.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Mike

I was under the impression that if full Irish internationals are held in the north God Save the Queen is sung to respect the different traditions and political divisions in the island of Ireland (followed by Ireland's Call of course).
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

well given that i think the last full Internationals were in the 50's and i was in nappies at the time u will excuse my ignorance at how the situation was resolved then. I know a lot but not everything.

ps Do u know if the URRA have any objections to or policy on Cheerleaders @ sunday games @ Ravenhill shud we b fortunate enough to have any this season??

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Mike

I only have my own personal opinion.

Cheerleaders....... OK if it can be done so as not to make my toes curl in embarasment. I think it was tried once with not much sucess..... Sparky is the only Cheerleader I need...... please don't get those bl&&dy drummers back though.... what a racket........ what was that all about?

Sunday Matches...... personally playing on a Sunday has no additional specific issues as to any other day (no need to go into the issues again)..... I would like to see UR consulting with the local churches though to see if there were any specifc issues that they had, start times etc...... only good manners. Myself no issues because played on Sunday.

Anyway it would be a bit of a cheek if I did object as I'm planning to see Ulster on Sunday 31st in Lansdowne Road.......
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

MOLE -- Drummers and the URRA - must admit i quite liked the drummer fella but was glad i wasnt standing beside him!! Did any residents object?? can they cope with the fireworks??

But more importantly whats going wrong with this messageboard - everyone is starting to get all reasonable and even see other peoples point of view! where will it all end?

May even c ya on 31.12.2006 - hadnt dawned on me it was a Sunday - will we be missing a few supporters? or maybe instead of any Anthems we all just say/chant The Lord's Prayer b4 kickoff - only problem with that being a bit difficult for a Cheerleaders routine - altho i've just had this vision of what it mite look like and has made me smile!!

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

mole- any updates on the residents committee afterall a mole should be keeping us informed.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Perhaps the mole catcher got him CT :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best