Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Has the Mole gone to ground :?:
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:Has the Mole gone to ground :?:
Perhaps there has been an increase in traffic and the vibrations are scareing him :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Moley still here............

Haven't much to say...........
I'm a mole and I live in a hole..............
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

He's stopped digging :o
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

YoungMan wrote:on reflection i think the Moley has some valid points........................
Which are YM??????
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

many of the residents have been there since before the increased usage of Ravenhill which came about with the introduction of the Pro game, and it would be sensible to listen to them and try not to alienate them rather than dismissing them as NIMBYs Especially as many of them including Mole are supporters of Ulster who also happen to live there.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Was just looking at a planning application (not Ravers!!) the other day Paul and as part of the planning process it clearly states that there will be an opportunity to state your case, so perhaps UR have left it to due processes. The residents should take that opportunity, which I imagine they will.
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Two of the 'residents' work with me ..... and I am actively trying to promote & better the whole rugby thing ..... they have said they will talk to their neighbours ...... so here's fingers crossed - would prefer rugby to stay where it deserves & is known ..... RAVERS .....

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Quite possibly BP, and that is of course all they are obliged to do. I've always believed that when submitting a planning application you should talk to your neighbours before you submit it so that they are less likely to object. :roll:
Paul.

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Beginning to sound like I'm defending UR but it was/is well known Ravers will be redeveloped. Clearly if moley's version of the News Letter is correct there is a lot of pre conceptions on the part of the URRA and in some cases what appears to me to be misconceptions, almost antagonism with no acknowledgement of UR's efforts in respect of parking and crowd control at matches.

Sometimes difficult to deal with that sort of 'we've made our minds up' type of situation.

Agree though that perhaps should distribute leaflets or some such action in advance in order to explain their plans. Anyway feel the planning process will represent the residents in due course. Remember permission to proceed has not been granted nor is it a given :cry:

Two of the 'residents' work with me - why not invite them to the beer tent Goody for some indoctrination and er intoxication :lol:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'm not intending to be anti-UR or particularly Pro-URRA. I'm just pointing out that

1) UR could probably have been a bit more proactive in dealing with the residents and ensureing they were kept on-side as much as possible

and

2) Moley came on here as an apparently dedicated supporter with a strong interest in a redeveloped ravenhill who also happens to be a local resident and was in a position to tell us about the residents group and what they were up to. In fact (s)he probaly offered to the URRA that (s)he would go on the message board to start a discussion with the likes of us to see how (s)he could smooth the path to help reach a rapid and reasonable position. But several of the posters decided to shoot the messenger and treated him/her as if (s)he was someone who had come with the purpose of blocking the proposed redevelopment of ravenhill. I would have said that our collective response to this has probably been counter-productive
Paul.

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Pwr- Yes maybe UR could have been more proactive however this is something I touched on earlier in this debate in that they appear to have been more proactive regarding residents than with supporters. They have at least had a meeting on the matter.

I also mentioned as well that the Mole may have come on to gauge supporters reactions then report back some of the more colourful comments so that the residents could argue that rugby doesn’t care about the local residents.

He assured us that was not the case however I am still uncertain regarding his motives as he could have presented their case better IMHO with less on his own parking problem and some acceptance that UR have made some improvements. It would appear that he also named some of the persons in the group on the thread before it was removed and this in some quarters could have been seen as a means of identifying those at the head of any protest against Ravenhill.

He was also asked to advise the group to contact the supporters club that way something could be done to improve relationships between resident and supporter. It will be interesting if the group makes contact.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

goodaine wrote:Two of the 'residents' work with me ..... and I am actively trying to promote & better the whole rugby thing ..... they have said they will talk to their neighbours ...... so here's fingers crossed - would prefer rugby to stay where it deserves & is known ..... RAVERS .....

:shock: better watch goodie, one of them might be Mole :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

goodaine- if two of the residents work with you what do they have to say about the re-development and the residents group?