A Team announced

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

A Team announced

Post by cjp »

Ulster A: 15 - Scott Young; 14 - Paul McKenzie; 13 - Shane Stewart; 12 - Glenn Telford; 11 - Andrew Maxwell; 10 - Gareth Steenson; 9 - Reece Spee; 1 - Gary Maxwell; 2 - Nigel Brady (Captain); 3 - Declan Fitzpatrick; 4 - Ryan Caldwell; 5 - David Houston; 6 - Chris Henry; 7 - Oisin Hennessey; 8 - Michael McComish

Replacements: 16 - John Andress; 17 - Niall Conlon; 18 - Derek Hall; 19 - Glenn Moore; 20 - Phillip Coulter; 21 - Richard McCarter; 22 - Mark Kettyle

Finally Steeno gets his chance, lets hope he puts in a good performance he has a talented back line and will hopefully get it moving. The pack looks very strong especially the back row.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Agreed delighted that Steenson has not been relegated to the depths of darkness. Bit concerned about Scott Young not being in the A squad. But his defence against Rotherham would not have done him any favours.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

err number 15 colin
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

away to catalonia this saturday.

anyone an idea when the remaining A fixtures will be confirmed?

also, no Ferris - injured or what?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Haven't spoke to him in a bit but I presume he is injured hasn't played for the 21's either.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Freddie Benson wrote:err number 15 colin
:oops:

Sorry Freddie I meant that I felt he should be in the senior squad for Cardiff.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Freddie Benson wrote:err number 15 colin
:oops:

Sorry Freddie I meant that I felt he should be in the senior squad for Cardiff.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

after that performance against 'Earth Titans' :roll: I think Scotty's played himself down the pecking order somewhat Colin. Would now seem to be behind Bowe, Topping, Trimble, Howe, Maxwell.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

It certainly was not his best performance that's for sure. It was a bit disappointing but he has the talent and the ability to get back into the squad. He is a much better player than that as we have seen.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

If Scotty gets on ok with the A Team at 15, maybe he could be the cover for Cunningham?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Good to see these young lads getting a run of games together, perhaps Steenson could do what Marshall did and leapfrog straight in behind Dr D :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Rooster wrote:Good to see these young lads getting a run of games together, perhaps Steenson could do what Marshall did and leapfrog straight in behind Dr D :D
good thought Rooster - similar vein with Telford, although the midfield looks a bit congested. Trimble certainly put his hand up when given the opportunity, Telford a bit unlucky to have missed those games through injury.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Will still need him next year when Maggsy and JB go walkabout to the great retirement home :wink:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ding dong2u wrote:Will still need him next year when Maggsy and JB go walkabout to the great retirement home :wink:
There will almost be enough of them if you count the ones who retired last year to make a team of their own :shock: :P
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best