Phew!!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Phew!!!!

Post by ballpark »

Talk about an attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Scrappy first half and all Ulster second half. This was a weakened Cardiff team and for once we made it pay with what I thought, a few quibbles aside an outstanding forward effort, with McMillen and the tight five particularily good. Roger Wilson showed up well too.

Thought that Trimble could have wreaked havoc in the centre had he played there given the amount of possession we had but those weak moments at the end??, Frost and Humph combining well for the Blues try and then Best giving Cardiff a second chance at the end.

Mr. Dickson is capricious no doubt about it and that's not just against Ulster but also against Cardiff.

If i was to be pernickety about it, the kicks to the corner are great but we are not really challenging thier ball and our defence of the rolling maul is nothing short of amusing. Hey why get all pernickety, we won and it's a most welcome sight if we show the same committment over the next few away games then who knows.
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

WELL DONE ULSTER!

4 in the bag1
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

C'mon BYO, it's not like you to become all abreviated all of a sudden. Surely you must have regained your power of speech after that performance!!!(LOL!!)
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

I think you will find Moypark that we turned over 4 out of 7 rolling mauls. So much for your game analyasis - as one eyed as a Scottish referee.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Good to see you visiting the site where it all happens Dewi :wink:
Our rolling maul was in top class form tonight and did well at times with far less men than the opposition, I thought though that when it was obviously going well and the lineout functioning that a bit more use could have been made near the line.
Wallace had one of his better games at fullback and made some good ground, Trimble was wasted on the wing but on the other hand Maggs worked well in defence in the centre. Best and McMillan put in a serious amount of work with Bestie putting restarts under serious pressure, his only big mistake was the penalty at the end. The 2 Justins were well controlled and did a sound job also.
We have beaten the psychological duck away in Wales and that is the main thing from tonights game :D
I feel a decent season coming on :D
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Aye right, and what was that about the game????
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Am I in the right place is this the darkside??????

Colin :evil:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

colinh wrote:Am I in the right place is this the darkside??????

Colin :evil:
It's ok Colin you are in the right place :D Took a look at the dark side and the lights are on but no one is in :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Sorry CH but I seem to attract the elements who are determined to take any note of non brollity out of my posts and try and enhance them.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Its a shame they are unable to create on their own as no doubt if they could it would be worth reading....... I shall await with glee. The again it is easier to destruct than create.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

wot medium did ye recieve the match through.???
Onlone, have you got SKY yet, radio or ceefax???
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

ballpark wrote:wot medium did ye recieve the match through.???
Onlone, have you got SKY yet, radio or ceefax???
Should have read 'online'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mr Barnes has done what all journalists do :roll: he has crawled back under his stone untill next week :lol:
Rory Best
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Seems like possibly the best place for him... no? :twisted:
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

Thanks for the welcome Rooster.

It is funny how contradicting someones biased reports and then pointing out the bias is derided on the "freedom of speech" board.

Thanks for your welcome Colin, is it not time you were heading off to D4 to kiss a few butts?