Eales has a dig at Harrison.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Eales has a dig at Harrison.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

low blow by eales.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Eales own way of getting a bit of publicity at someone elses expense :roll:
I like O'Reilly's view of a controversy, "verbal spats with Austin Healey" Who hasn't had a verbal spat with Austin :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Watching the Aussie scrum and lineout STRUGGLE, to put it mildly last weekend against the Blacks should have reminded Eales to be a little less acerbic and spend some of his media time pondering what the Aussies have lost with the departure of Harrison.

As for us?, it's very definitely Ulster's gain as well illustrated on Friday night when the lineout functioned 100% better than it did last season, presumbably Harrison being ONE of the reasons for that.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

ballpark wrote:when the lineout functioned 100% better than it did last season, presumbably Harrison being ONE of the reasons for that.
i wouldn't say we're quite there yet in the line-out... few wobbly ones in the first half :shock:
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

[quote="jamesie i wouldn't say we're quite there yet in the line-out... few wobbly ones in the first half [/quote]

Last season we'd wobbly lineouts in both halves so Friday was a 100% improvement then!!!!
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I drove 5 hours down to Cork last season to watch Ulster win 2 line outs all night. But it seems to be Harrison baiting season. You know give a dog a bad name and all that. I mean lets be honest what one of us have not harboured a nasty thought against an opposition player when playing and wanted to do him serious physical damage and told him so. And indeed have the compliment returned. I may not have played against many non whites but Ive called the opposition other colourful obscenities. If we go down that road most players are going to end up in court.

So what ..... what's all the fuss about. it is pc gone skewiff. But at the end of the game and the whistle turns you back to a normal human being you have a beer with him and a laugh.Rugby is a physically violent game played by agressive poeple and you would hope that what happened on the pitch stays within those confines. So I do have a lot of sympathy with the big lad from down under. That comment ought to have stayed on the pitch and not ended up in the papers. It looks to me the only person to have a problem with color is the player who made the complaint. It was sly and should have been dealt wih at a local level. It is time to move on from it.

Ill judge the big lad on how he does for us and so far he gets a five star rating.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

colinh wrote:Rugby is a physically violent game played by agressive poeple and you would hope that what happened on the pitch stays within those confines.
Careful there ch I have mixed feelings about this, having seen the line crossed a few times of what is acceptable though never been a victim thank God.

As regards the Harrison's sledging of a black player, it has to be seen in the context of South African rugby and it's attempts to 'reform' after apartheid. I would suggest the same incident in England (say in a ZP match), might not have had the same impact. South Africa's rugby image as basically a white man's sport is being slowly reformed whatever you might think of how it's being done and sledging of black players coming into the game there at the top level wasn't in the best interests of a sport trying to reform it's image.

But I agree that Harrison has done his time and to keep dragging this incident up as Eales has done is in poor taste.

(Just getting back down from the pulpit!!)
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

You are right in what you say Bp and there are physical lines that ought not to be crossed but I think you see what I am saying. In normal circumstances it would have and should have remained on the pitch.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52