Emirates Western Force adopt Ulster

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Flat-top
Novice

Emirates Western Force adopt Ulster

Post by Flat-top »

In March this year while visiting my sister in Perth I was lucky enough to watch a couple of Super 14 games in Perth with the newly established Western Force. Must admit I was very taken with the previously untapped West Australian rugby fan and on returning home logged into their supporters forum and I have been posting on there ever sense, in effect I had adopted them as my S14 team (you can never get too much rugby).

Anyway as they are off-season at the moment things were starting to get a bit stale on the threads, you know how it is during the summer and someone had an idea to "adopt" a Northern Hemisphere club, a poll was run and they chose Ulster (only a little bit of influence from me but not too much). The website has over 600 members, many very new to rugby but all very keen. The forum is split so that threads only to do with the Force or the Wallabies are kept separate so you can avoid these if you wish but i thought it would be a nice touch if some of us went over to the site and said hello. You don't have to register to browse but it is free and I can promise you that in registering you will not receive any junk emails.

The forum can be found at

http://www.thewholeforce.com

and a separate forum called "Ulster" can be found under the International Section. It has only been active for a few hours but already they have threads linking to news items about Ulster and particularly Saturdays game. I hope you think there is little to lose by being inclusive with the Force and a lot of new friends to make, we have a reputation of being amongst the most friendly fans so lets show the Aussie's its true.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Will do Flattley .. :)) later on tonight Ill pop over.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Good man Colin, you will notice they have a nifty little thing called "Tab". Each user is award virtual cash (vcash) and they run a book on various sporting events, all just for a laugh. You can earn vcash either by winning the vbet or by making posts. This week they are including the Ulster/Toulouse game on the Tab.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

brilliant flatty!!! ...will give it a rattle later on! :D
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

jamesie wrote:brilliant flatty!!! ...will give it a rattle later on! :D
try to take a more conciliatory approach than you use with our west-english friends jamesie. You don't want to be banned on your first visit :twisted: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

pwrmoore wrote:
jamesie wrote:brilliant flatty!!! ...will give it a rattle later on! :D
try to take a more conciliatory approach than you use with our west-english friends jamesie. You don't want to be banned on your first visit :twisted: :lol:
ha-ha!!! aye, right enough flymo!!! :P ...thon' perth mob are a fairly chilled out, affable bunch tho... i'm sure we'll get on juuuuuuu-u-u-u-u-ust fine the Image's!

:wink:
Disco Biscuit
Squire

Post by Disco Biscuit »

Class Flat-top

UAFC is thier website of the month :lol:

They're even promoting the park and ride scheme.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Flat Top - class idea - well done

Guys do you know what this means?

"The FORCE is with us" :red: :salut:
UGH!!!
Cobber
Novice

Post by Cobber »

G'day Fellas,
I've come this way via Flat-top and TheWholeForce.com (TWF). After our first season of Super 14 Rugby with the Western Force we were starting to get the shakes after seasons end, and although there's been sonme good internationals (flogging the english is always a joy) - it just aint enough to see us through to February next year! I'm looking forward to hearing about and hopefully seeing some good rugby from your Ulster boys this season. There are a couple sites which make getting hold of Ulster games pretty easy usually within a day of them being telecast.

Good to see a few of you making your way to TWF to say hello, thanks for the plug Flat-Top

Bring on Toulouse!
Last edited by Cobber on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 Positions, 80 Minutes
:D
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

cheers Cobber

should be a top game
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

Glad to see the word of glorious Ulster has spread out from these shores!! :red: :blueafro:
LarryNJ
Novice

Post by LarryNJ »

Cheers everyone,

I also made my way here from TWF and flattop didn't influence my vote at all! :D I'm one of the VERY new to Rugby members. I'm looking forward to our team winning the Heineken Cup starting with a win tomorrow (today) over Toulouse.
Last edited by LarryNJ on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fermain wrote:We are the strongest team in the group!! :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Great to have a few more on board, listen out in 5 hours and you'll hear the roar :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cobber
Novice

Post by Cobber »

I'll be listening!

Wonder if I can find a web stream - you know of any local radio that commentates on Ulster games and also streams over the net?
15 Positions, 80 Minutes
:D
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

you can get the bbc commentary on the web through the 'media centre' link on this site's front page cobber

then you can get to listen to 'gusher' - you'll understand why when you listen :wink:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach