Ulster v Dragons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

result will be....

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Dragons barbeque Ulster - bonus point win
5%
Dragons all smoke but no fire - home win
11%
draw
No votes
Ulster extinguish the Dragons' flames - away win
74%
Mighty Ulster slay the puny Dragons - bonus point win
11%

Total votes: 19

Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Dragons

Post by Freddie Benson »

ok prediction time again
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Time to put out the fire in the West English sides :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Citizen Mairs reckons that Trimble will partner Maggs in the centre with James Topping slotting in on the wing ........

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

head ruling heart for me... went for a comfortable dragons win. i hope i'm proven wrong :?
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Je ne sais pas, je cache sous mon bureau ! :shaking2:
Mine's a pint!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

colinh wrote:Citizen Mairs reckons that Trimble will partner Maggs in the centre with James Topping slotting in on the wing ........

Colin :twisted:
He got it right :shock:

ULSTER: 15 – Paddy Wallace; 14 – Tommy Bowe; 13 – Andrew Trimble; 12 – Kevin Maggs; 11 – James Topping; 10 – David Humphreys; 9 - Kieran Campbell; 1 – Justin Fitzpatrick; 2 – Rory Best; 3 – Simon Best (Captain); 4 – Justin Harrison; 5 – Matt McCullough; 6 – Neil Best; 7 – Neil McMillan
8 – Roger Wilson

Replacements: 16 – Paul Shields; 17 – Bryan Young; 18 – Rowan Frost; 19 - Campbell Feather
20 – Reece Spee; 21 – Shane Stewart; 22 – Tyrone Howe

Looks about as good as we could manage given that Bryn and Steiner are missing, Jimmy is going to try and dazzle the Dragons with the shiny boots reflecting the floodlights :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

jamesie wrote:head ruling heart for me... went for a comfortable dragons win. i hope i'm proven wrong :?
I trust your head is hurting .......

Colin :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I think Trimble has certainly shown enough so far to have a game or two at centre.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Referee: Malcolm Changleng (SRU) :o :shock: :roll:
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Great I'm the only one going for a bonus point win!!!! seriously though I think we can win... I do, I do.

C'mon Ulsterrrrr
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
coach
Novice

Post by coach »

Will settle for an Ulster win by whatever margin!!! On current form, I have not seen anything to suggest we might score 4 tries in a match. Like Freddie, I am looking forward to seeing Andrew Trimble in the centre and good luck to him and the team for Saturday.

Just out of curiosity, where does this put Maxie & Scot Young in the pecking order??
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

behind Howe and Stewart it would seem
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dragons have a fair old injury list and their discipline has been poor so a few more fringe players might just throw it our way providing Dr D has his kicking boots on and the tj's give the flags up.
Rory Best
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

I've gone for an Ulster win on the assumption that the confidence levels will be good after the two wins so far, especially now that the monkey of winning in Wales is off the lads' backs.

Not expecting it to be pretty and most likely every bit as nervy a finish as the last two.

If we can keep our heads, expect the good Dr to administer the medicine and see us squeak through.

Looking forward to seeing Trimble in the centre.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Well two weeks running and the head rules the heart, my head hurts to say it but i think this one is a bridge too far for Ulster or a flight too high, whatever way. Once again I cite the lack of true cutting edge in the backs and the panic factor which afflicts our game in the closing twenty minutes of an away match. It happened in Cardiff but we got away with it, it'll happen in Newport and we may not be so lucky.

A lot more pressure on Humph with the second outhalf missing, (stonemason.)

Hope i'm wrong though and I should be used to chewing humble pie even more this week if we pull it off.

Targetting an away win at Donnybrook might be more feasible IMHO.

Glued to the box on Saturday with Gusher "Ulster are 13 nil down if they can hold out to the end of half we'll turn this around, oh we've just conceded another 7 points and there's 20 minutes to go to halftime ...Philip!!!" Neilly.