Ulster Fans Racial Abuse

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Ulster Fans Racial Abuse

Post by colinh »

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach after reading this one.
Following a strong performance against Ulster the game was somewhat soured when the Newport Gwent Dragons team were singled out for racial abuse by a minority of the Ravenhill crowd.

The issue having been raised by the players at half time was then taken up by The Dragons management and brought to the attention of the Ulster officials. The Dragons will confirm in writing to Ulster their concerns and disappointment over the incident.

The Dragons realise that it was a small minority but feel the issue needs to be raised as is not acceptable in society and the game of rugby football.

No further comment will be made at this stage.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

Ah for Jaysus sake - anyone know anything about this. This is exactly what we dont need.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

At half time I noticed one of the officials speak to Mike Reid who rushed away to deal with something that looked pretty urgent. I have a bad feeling about this one. This is not good.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mike almost run me over round the back of the stand heading twoards the Aquinas end with a face like a bear with a hangover.
Is this what the announcement was about :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

To quote Rem99 on the Announcer Announcements thread:

Brew was staring at the terrace after the, "Dodgy, dodgy kicker" chants.
Then he was speaking to the linesman. Then the mafia appeared. Did Brew make the same misinterpretation of that chant as LI?!

:?:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

well, the TV cameras were there so there should be some sort of evidence that can be brought to bear, maybe even faces...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
freman67
Novice

Post by freman67 »

i saw the player look round at the crowd when they did the" dodgy kicker" chant.
what part of "equality" do the irfu not understand?
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

moondance wrote:To quote Rem99 on the Announcer Announcements thread:

Brew was staring at the terrace after the, "Dodgy, dodgy kicker" chants.
Then he was speaking to the linesman. Then the mafia appeared. Did Brew make the same misinterpretation of that chant as LI?!

:?:
am i really naive? i don't see how that could be misinterpreted..
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

bloody hell, what is this all about. I really noticed nothing. Is there really an undercurrent of this sort of thing going on ar does every team that comes here just feel the need to make a complaint when they lose.

WE ARE NOT RACISTS.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

heard a word ending in .....er, so has jumped on the LI bandwagon and general bad publicity about us recently. The "russian mafia" were looking in the direction of where I was and nothing of that sort could be heard.

Tis getting a tad boring YM
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

Not naive , maybe just posh! Say kicker with a Belfast accent and see if it sounds like racial abuse!
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Rem99 wrote:Not naive , maybe just posh! Say kicker with a Belfast accent and see if it sounds like racial abuse!
that is just so far-fetched... i can't believe anyone would think a large section of the crowd would get away with chanting that
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

sounds like we'll have to stand in respectful silence for the whole game from now on. We're getting a thoroughly undeserved reputation and mud has undoubtedly stuck..... :evil:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

That was the mistake LI supporters made while watching the TV coverage and having watched that sequence of events "on the spot" that is definitely what Brew thought!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

perhaps we could just sign a token player or two from a minority community to prove we're not prejudiced :wink:

(and no, tommy bowe doesn't count!)