Robinson doubt.....

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

craftynick
Warrior Chief
Location: The home of cheap sangria & cheaper men - Barcelona

Robinson doubt.....

Post by craftynick »

Jason Robinson has handed England a major injury scare just three days before their RBS Six Nations clash with Ireland.

The versatile winger, who has scored three tries in two Tests since coming out of international retirement, was taken to a doctor on Wednesday after taking a blow to his shoulder.

England bosses are now awaiting the verdict of their medical staff, and coach Mike Ford admitted they cannot guarantee Robinson's presence at Croke Park.

"Jason just got a bit of a knock on his shoulder. He's gone off to see the doctor," he confirmed at the squad's Bath University training camp.

"We don't know how he is at this stage but hopefully he'll be okay."

Robinson's form has been integral to England's winning start to the 2007 Six Nations Championship, with tries arriving at crucial moments against Scotland and Italy.

His brace against Scotland ensured England took control at a time when the match hung in the balance, while his touchdown against the Azzurri proved to be the hosts' only try.

England boss Brian Ashton will be desperate to have his deadliest finisher fit in the tight surroundings of Croke Park, where opportunities are likely to be at a premium.

wouldnt that a be pity 8) :lol:
How beatiful it is do nothing, and then rest afterward - Spanish proverb
Antrim Hills
Novice

Jason Robinson

Post by Antrim Hills »

Looking at it from a rugby standpoint (as opposed to any "YaaBoo" factor),
I'm not convinced that Robinson is back to his his old self. I watched him VERY carefully in the Scotland game - he was all over the place in the first 20-25 mins., especially when the Scots put kicks behind him. Just when it looked like they had his self-confidnce in the nut-cracker, Scotland conceded a soft try in the corner, scored by guess who.

ANYONE who gets over the line in an international gets my respect, but, shall we say, this one was not one of the more difficult. BUT the effect on Roginson was immense and, more to the point, also on the England team. When you're playing sh*te and sneak a try, it's a great feeling.

Next match he was ordinary enough, but again, he got a wee dash near the corner with not too much to do.

Now, Ashton has at least recognised (unfortunately) that Robinson is not a full-back, but even at his best position, he has yet to be tested in big-boy company, and I was (still am) looking forward to him trying to cope with a ball behind him with Shaggie breathing down his neck.

Strettle played at Ravers and has lots of gas. He's at that stage where the fear of a 6N debut probably won't occur to him. There's something in the English psche that gets them over that hurdle.

So, I think that it would not be a bad thing if Jason's neck got better.
At least we wouldn't have to listen to Brian Moore using it as an excuse.
Maybe the Beeb think it's OK to have a wall-eyed commentator from one of the nations, but I doubt if anyone other than an Englishman would get away with the nationalist bias that Moore spouts.

But hey, here I am getting all excited. Must be near match day.

Just noticed that Monsieur Jutge is whilstling on Saturday. Last time I saw him in action it was the Llanelli game at Ravers and I was NOT impressed. With Wilkinson on the pitch England's opponents cannot afford to get pinged unnecessarily. With Jutge, I don't think the players know how his mind works.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Antrim Hills you'll be pleased to know that you won't have to listen to Eddie Butler and Brian Moore as BBC NI are covering the game with Jim Neilly and T-Bone.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Don't knock Brian Moore - Thank him - Gusher sent the tape of his interview down and the team enjoyed it - now Eddie doesn't have to give an incentive speech - they're already fired up!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

back to the subject of this thread - I've always had my doubts about Jason Robinson :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Similar to our own Maxwell, great at finishing in an open space but put in a bit of traffic and he dances around and goes nowhere except on his Brennan, and suspect in a defensive mode. As Antrim Hills said you would rather have Robinson on the pitch than them pull in that Strettle lad.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fozzie
Novice

Post by fozzie »

I knew I should have left the transfers on my fantasy league team to friday afternoon
I got stung by a bee the other day.
£5 for a jar of honey?!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rooster wrote:Similar to our own Maxwell, great at finishing in an open space but put in a bit of traffic and he dances around and goes nowhere except on his ar$e, and suspect in a defensive mode. As Antrim Hills said you would rather have Robinson on the pitch than them pull in that Strettle lad.
Does Strettle have a boot on him? I saw him play for Quins v Connacht but I can't recall what his kicking was like.

JR's kicking isn't up to much so if he is playing, I can see ROG booting it down his wing to make some yards.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Stringer in Boss out Robinson out strettle in - I think England gain on both counts.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Yer man cannot half shift:

Romeo47 Alpha 52
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

We cannot afford to fall off tackles on this guy.............seriously quick.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Plus he knows what direction to go in, unlike shuffle alot Robinson.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

ROG should test him with a high ball early doors. Give a him a clattering and see if he's still up for it then.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Don't worry Andy. I'm sure ROG will spend all evening kicking the ball straight to Strettle and Lewsey. :?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Don't worry Andy. I'm sure ROG will spend all evening kicking the ball straight to Strettle and Lewsey. :?
Feckin smart one that will be as he will be back to where Ronan kicked it from before he even notices, that Strettle lad is far more dangerous with the ball in hand than Robinson ever was, I hope that Comical eddie has done his homework on him.
Andyb it won't worry him in the slightest if he gets clattered, he's not another Tait
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best