What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
big mervyn wrote:One for Easter. Gary Moore's version was good but the original is better imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deeBQZ8 ... yZ9s-GvSbw
Thanks Merv! for both... :D
Btw Horslips have added another date in May. If you're going on the Sat get there early because Pat McManus is playing better than ever - best guitarrist (and fiddle player) at the gig!!
Did ye go? Horslips were good but Pat stole the show. Super set and then guested on fiddle on King of the Faeries and Sword of Light.

Yep. Was there and thoroughly enjoyed the night. Thought Pat was great when he came on with the boys - the band was really missing Charles O'Connor and that really made the difference. >fiddle
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It appears that some of the regulars in Robinson’s were impressed with my version of The Sun Always Shines on TV but a couple of those lads doing Metallica etc were unreal.

I got a free shot voucher and a well done by the guy running it so I’m currently feeling very proud.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 am It appears that some of the regulars in Robinson’s were impressed with my version of The Sun Always Shines on TV but a couple of those lads doing Metallica etc were unreal.

I got a free shot voucher and a well done by the guy running it so I’m currently feeling very proud.
Nice one >you_rock

D'ye do "Take on Me"? Thon would test the auld vocal chords.

Saw Black Stone Cherry in the Ulster Hall this week. Phenomenally good live band. Their studio albums don't compare.
Two good support bands too. OTIS from Kentucky and the Kris Barras Band from England :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I was listening to Road to Hell (Chris Rea) whilst in the car a few minutes ago. With Boris now in charge I think that is exactly what we are on.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

You may well be right Mid Ulster Maestro.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’ve tried Take on Me several times Merv but never outside my own living room!

A very good band IMHO.

Off to the 80s festival in Solihull this weekend to see Human League and The Proclaimers. Friday is the Test match followed by The Smyths at The 100 Club.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

The Cure....
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Not listening to 'The Sean Coyle Show' any more ...the BBC in its wisdom will probably give the gig to Joe Lindsay or some other nonentity in the hope capturing the younger listener, who anyway should be working at that time of the morning and not listening to the radio !!
Okay, Sean wasn't everybody's cup of tea , but as the great Gerry Anderson often said, the show was an oasis of calm between the crazies who populate Nolan and Talkback.
>bud >sniper
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tighthead Prod wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 pm Not listening to 'The Sean Coyle Show' any more ...the BBC in its wisdom will probably give the gig to Joe Lindsay or some other nonentity in the hope capturing the younger listener, who anyway should be working at that time of the morning and not listening to the radio !!
Okay, Sean wasn't everybody's cup of tea , but as the great Gerry Anderson often said, the show was an oasis of calm between the crazies who populate Nolan and Talkback.
>bud >sniper
Good riddance to Coyler. Gerry can finally stop spinning after 5 years FIVE FECKIN YEARS! of unadulterated shyte. He's as bad as Hugo.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 pm
Tighthead Prod wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 pm Not listening to 'The Sean Coyle Show' any more ...the BBC in its wisdom will probably give the gig to Joe Lindsay or some other nonentity in the hope capturing the younger listener, who anyway should be working at that time of the morning and not listening to the radio !!
>bud >sniper
Good riddance to Coyler. Gerry can finally stop spinning after 5 years FIVE FECKIN YEARS! of unadulterated shyte. He's as bad as Hugo.
Nobody is as bad as Hugo !!! the only reason I put on Hugo in the car is that it annoys Mrs Tighhtead no end :lol: :lol:

Okay Mervyn, who would recommend to replace Sean Coyle ?
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tighthead Prod wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 pm
>bud >sniper
Nobody is as bad as Hugo !!! the only reason I put on Hugo in the car is that it annoys Mrs Tighhtead no end :lol: :lol:

Okay Mervyn, who would recommend to replace Sean Coyle ?
The Undertone plays a nice eclectic mix whenever I've listened to him.

Gerry was irreplaceable but what Coyle did to the best show on local radio was nothing short of criminal. People have been shat for less :lol: >sniper
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Q-choob seems to be the favourite
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I see/hear that "#me-too" c*nt, Joe Lindsay is on this morning. I'd take Shan or even Hugo over that w@nker any day.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'll not hear a word agaist Uncle Hugo. Class act... in a caroon character sort of way. You gotta love him.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm I'll not hear a word agaist Uncle Hugo. Class act... in a caroon character sort of way. You gotta love him.
Met Hugo a couple if times in the BBC club. Sound as a pound, Wouldn't listen to a second if his output mind. :lol:
Big Neville Southall