Players Leaving.......

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

And if Best and Ferris are at the RWC we are left with Dawson, Pollock and Wilson.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

backofthepack wrote: Well to be fair none of you old wise heads corrected me
we do that all the time son :wink:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

Hahahahaha!!!:lol:

NO :roll:
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

If Maxy is leaving, why has it not been announced by UB yet? Surely the new season squad will need to be released sometime soon?
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

They don't seem to be communicating a whole lot atm. The beeb has had more info on transfers than ur.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

thewaterboy wrote:If Maxy is leaving, why has it not been announced by UB yet? Surely the new season squad will need to be released sometime soon?
UR wrote:Andrew Maxwell who showed the 7,429 supporters who had braved the wet weather just what blistering pace he really does have, on his last game for Ulster he ran over the line to score the only Ulster try of the night, and what a try it was!
Edinburgh Match Report
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

Surely a player that has contributed as muct as maxi to ulster rugby deserves more than a brief point in a match report, to announce that he will not be part of the squad next. I cant understand why UB havent made an official announcement on this.

Assuming he is leaving surely there would be interest in him from at least the scottish teams and connacht

I still rate him higher tham McKenzie, even if McKenzie surpasses his full potential - he will still be slow.
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

thewaterboy wrote:Surely a player that has contributed as muct as maxi to ulster rugby deserves more than a brief point in a match report, to announce that he will not be part of the squad next. I cant understand why UB havent made an official announcement on this.

Assuming he is leaving surely there would be interest in him from at least the scottish teams and connacht

I still rate him higher tham McKenzie, even if McKenzie surpasses his full potential - he will still be slow.
he was offered a new contract and turned it down, he is leaving by choice, not being forced out
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

thewaterboy wrote:Surely a player that has contributed as muct as maxi to ulster rugby deserves more than a brief point in a match report, to announce that he will not be part of the squad next. I cant understand why UB havent made an official announcement on this.

Maxy is a good player but he has hardly been pulling up trees. For instance last year Howe and Bell didn't get much of a fanfare at their end and they were stalwarts for years
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

agreed botp. A good point, well made :wink:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It would be understandable for UR to make a song and dance about players arriving, but less so about ones leaving, especially if they are still playing. If Maxy doesn't get another contract elsewhere will he still be playing AIl next season, and if so, can Ulster call him up if necessary like they've done once or twice in the past? (Whether he'd agree to play is another matter, but the option might be there).
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Still think that some sort of official announcement should have been made ...... Saying that not a lot was said about Shieldsy leaving either - I know not all of us thought he was a great player but it dosn't attract from his being part of the Ulster squad and treated as such. I take Cap'ns point that more is made of the new players being signed but don't take away from the players who have given their all for the squad - should be recognised - but that's only my humble opinion :roll:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They were all mentioned in various press releases, just most don't get picked up by papers media etc as not as interesting as a new signing.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mack
Novice

Post by mack »

goodaine wrote:
Still think that some sort of official announcement should have been made ...... Saying that not a lot was said about Shieldsy leaving either - I know not all of us thought he was a great player but it dosn't attract from his being part of the Ulster squad and treated as such. I take Cap'ns point that more is made of the new players being signed but don't take away from the players who have given their all for the squad - should be recognised - but that's only my humble opinion :roll:
The fact that it was not done in the glare of publicity does not mean that the outgoing players achievements and loyalty to UR were not recognised or acknowledged by fellow players and UR management. Rumour has it that presentations were made to each player during a prearranged event held at R'hill. I could be way off the mark but that is what I was told. Draw your own conclusions :wink:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Ferris offered £200,000 a year from the O's.