Paddy to Montpellier??

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Paddy to Montpellier??

Post by Jackie Brown »

From the Beeb

Wallace ponders Montpellier move

Paddy Wallace could be moving from Ulster to Montpellier
Ulster fly-half Paddy Wallace is considering an offer to join French club Montpellier.

It is understood the 28-year-old, who has six Irish caps, will decide by Monday whether to make the move.

Wallace is reported to have also received offers from English clubs Leeds and Worcester but the best deal appears to be from France.

New Ulster coach Matt Williams is sure to try and persuade Wallace that his future still lies at Ravenhill.

Williams is a known admirer of Wallace having tried to sign him when he was coach at Leinster some years ago.

And he will not want to lose another senior player with Roger Wilson, Neil McMillan, Tommy Bowe, Neil Best and Justin Harrison all moving next season.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shafted

Re: Paddy to Montpellier??

Post by Shafted »

best to let him go in my opinion, nothing personal, i just don;t think his staying would benefit any of the parties.
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

Shafted wrote:best to let him go in my opinion, nothing personal, i just don;t think his staying would benefit any of the parties.
I agree 100%.

After not really making the grade in Ulster. He is now 28 and still not making the grade really, he is only picked above Humph because of injury and impending retirement. In the Ireland set-up ROG would need to be at the end of a nasty steam rollering accident before O'Shameful would give him the nod. So all in all not alot to hang about for really, go and work on the sun tan and play the odd game of rugby for a fat pay cheque. All good from his perspective.
"You can't please all the people all the time!" Mr. Robert Marley
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Paddy, please dont go
Paddy, please dont go
Paddy, please dont go
Down to new Montpellier
You know I love you so
Paddy please dont go
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

im holding out that paddy stays, hes a great guy and can cover many positions across the backs, though if we get a new 1st choice outhalf will he be happy being on the bench all the time?
Why? Why not?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If he stays, hope he plays 12 and not 10 or 15.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mr Milligan
Novice

Post by Mr Milligan »

He has to go really. For his own good--he's 28, getting serious piles on the Ireland bench so needs some sun to sort that out. We should be blooding O'Connor as much s poss, so Wallace would/should be back to I/C fly half cover, and #### all squared of getting off the bench, even if the Californian got both legs broken. Eddie would bring Murphy into fly half, Trimbe onto the wing and Shaggy at I/C!
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

Rooster wrote:If he stays, hope he plays 12 and not 10 or 15.
Rooster maybe on Ulster A, but he is not really our answer for 12. I do not know why MP want him unless it is as Ithyrn suggests as cover??!!
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

Mr Milligan wrote:He has to go really. For his own good--he's 28, getting serious piles on the Ireland bench so needs some sun to sort that out. We should be blooding O'Connor as much s poss, so Wallace would/should be back to I/C fly half cover, and #### all squared of getting off the bench, even if the Californian got both legs broken. Eddie would bring Murphy into fly half, Trimbe onto the wing and Shaggy at I/C!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I don't really want to see him at 12 either but he is less of a danger to us and potentially more danger to the opposition at 12, Paddy has always played best off the bench for last 20 mins, so that is really the only option I would see him being used for either here or in Montpellier.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

he's a pretty decent 12 tbh
Why? Why not?
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

Maybe on the 12th hole of the golfcourse ??
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

he's a pretty decent 12 tbh
Why? Why not?

He can't tackle - when he is fit Dewey will be our 12. Noone at Ravenhill has seem him play fully fit yet.
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Others tend to think that his defence was much improved this season. Best laugh I have had on here this year
Tigergeezer
Novice

Post by Tigergeezer »

I reckon Montpellier would suit pretty well - they like to play a bit of flash, and the kicking duties would fall to someone else. Also got to be better than Wuss for the weather. Better than Belfast for the weather, come to that....