ULSTER A V LEINSTER A AT RAVENHILL

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Re: ULSTER A V LEINSTER A AT RAVENHILL

Post by bogboy »

Bryn is near the end of his career ?? he's had a few bad back injuries in the last couple of seasons and full back could be a problem next maybe McCrea was being looked at as a full back replacement

Hallett looked fairly comfortable and to my mind anyway a better all round prospect than I H who despite his highly praised left foot is too fickle for my taste ( a bit more beef on my plate -waiter)
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

totally agree, Ian is a much better player than people here are giving him credit for, a lot of leicester fans would be sad to see him go, and i for one think we'd be lucky to get him.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Shafted wrote:totally agree, Ian is a much better player than people here are giving him credit for... we'd be lucky to get him.
Hope you are right. I haven't been that impressed with what I have seen. Great boot, but creatively and defensively... not so sure. Time will tell if indeed he comes here.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

GerryO' wrote: Hope you are right. I haven't been that impressed with what I have seen. Great boot, but creatively and defensively... not so sure. Time will tell if indeed he comes here.
creatively hes better than anything we have currently by a long shot, defensively he's no worse than his brother was at the same stage, thats not to say that was anything special. If ian does come home, he'll be a much better player than he would've been had accepted the development contract rather than go to the tigers for a few years.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Red Hand Hero wrote:That is nonsense BB, IH is twice the player NOC is (at the moment) let alone Hallet who has a right peg and very little else going for him, during the whole match (and Ulster had a decent percentage of possession) 8 times out of 10 hallet put the boot through the ball when there was opportunities to shift it. Humphreys has played well for Leicester when he has had the opportunity which is a considerably higher level than Hallet has played at either Bedford or Malone. Ian is by no means the complete player but he is getting a lot of flak from people who are going on preconcieved idea's about him or have seen none of the admittedly few matches he has featured in this season.
Similarly I don't think you should be bigging up Ian at the expense of other players.

I don't know what game you were watching if you thought Ulster had a "decent percentage of possession"??? 8 times out of 10 Hallet was getting ball in his own 22. His passing was good of both hands from what I remember. People go to matches with preconceived ideas as well you know and only see what they want to see.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

well i wanted 2 c Cheerleaders (yes, a preconceived idea ) but didnt c any so yer theory has flaws me thinks.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

H'woodMike2umate wrote:well i wanted 2 c Cheerleaders (yes, a preconceived idea ) but didnt c any so yer theory has flaws me thinks.
Couple of cheerleaders in the New Panther Pics over on http://www.thefru.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

A couple of videos of cheerleaders HERE in the 2bu crew section of UAFC too.

Filmed ESPECIALLY for you!
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Absolutely spot on RHH! Can understand the differing opinions on guys like Webb who spend a lot of time doing unseen work, but hard to see much positive about young Hallett, he was truly awful. A couple of decent kicks did not mask the obvious limitations in the rest of his game. No attacking threat whatsoever, Keatley simply walked past him early on. He will be away at the end of the season anyway, so doesnt really matter either way.

Like most other folks thought Henry was outstanding again, really hope he gets a chance before the end of the season. The week with Munster & Glasgow must be an opportunity for some squda guys to get some game time.