TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
HammerTime wrote:I disagree Ulster in no way should be looking to sign any more backs. (other than a 10) We have to have a look at Sexton before he goes AWOL and we have Postlewaith coming through (who looks class) never mind what all is there currently. A high end prop and second row would be my wish list. Can't believe Carters contract was extended so that rules another SR out. We are winning plenty of pens at the breakdown and maul but we barely hold our own in the scrum and concede more pens than we gain. That is the one major area we are missing out on. Many of these Leinstermen we have are decent signings but I find O'Connor, O'Sullivan, Murphy even Timoney along with our own Warke ... they always get found out in the bigger games v better opposition. They go missing, and often collectively.
Unfortunately Sexton isn’t of the standard.
Postlewaite will get game time next year for sure.

If I’m in charge at Ulster then my Top 3 priorities with all things considered currently.

1. Loosehead - already stated the issue. We don’t want another Carter situation in which we don’t get our main target and then settle.
2. 2nd row - already stated the issue. Renewing Carters contract was a sackable offence IMO.
3. Utility back - I would like to know the injuries stats this year when you compare backs to forwards. Always feel there are loads of niggles with backs across the whole back line hence why a top notch experience back would fill in nicely.
Just look at what happened this year - Addison and Stockdale injured and Lowry moved from 10 to 15. Tonight we have Moore playing his second game at 15.

Backrow- Mccann will take over from Reidy. Reffell is in. Can’t sign another NIQ for backrow. I think Ulster missed a trick with Josh Murphy going to Connacht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sexton not good enough even for a squad role in the Ulster setup?

Bearing in mind we have some players who are highly injury prone in the back three: Stockdale, Lyttle, Addison etc. Gilroy not doing it anymore.

He's contracted to 2023, hopefully he can turn things around.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
HammerTime wrote:I disagree Ulster in no way should be looking to sign any more backs. (other than a 10) We have to have a look at Sexton before he goes AWOL and we have Postlewaith coming through (who looks class) never mind what all is there currently. A high end prop and second row would be my wish list. Can't believe Carters contract was extended so that rules another SR out. We are winning plenty of pens at the breakdown and maul but we barely hold our own in the scrum and concede more pens than we gain. That is the one major area we are missing out on. Many of these Leinstermen we have are decent signings but I find O'Connor, O'Sullivan, Murphy even Timoney along with our own Warke ... they always get found out in the bigger games v better opposition. They go missing, and often collectively.

If I’m in charge at Ulster then my Top 3 priorities with all things considered currently.

1. Loosehead - already stated the issue. We don’t want another Carter situation in which we don’t get our main target and then settle.
2. 2nd row - already stated the issue. Renewing Carters contract was a sackable offence IMO.
3. Utility back - I would like to know the injuries stats this year when you compare backs to forwards. Always feel there are loads of niggles with backs across the whole back line hence why a top notch experience back would fill in nicely.
Just look at what happened this year - Addison and Stockdale injured and Lowry moved from 10 to 15. Tonight we have Moore playing his second game at 15.

Backrow- Mccann will take over from Reidy. Reffell is in. Can’t sign another NIQ for backrow. I think Ulster missed a trick with Josh Murphy going to Connacht.

Bearing in mind we have some players who are highly injury prone in the back three: Stockdale, Lyttle, Addison etc. Gilroy not doing it anymore.

Just my opinion on Sexton.

Personally think if he was good enough he would of got more game time this year.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

Just my opinion on Sexton.

Personally think if he was good enough he would of got more game time this year.

Yeah I know he struggles with tackle technique for all his pace. I certainly get the impression Dan is protecting him from the weight of expectation due to his athletic qualities. Maybe he will get some preseason opportunities.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

He was getting pre season friendlies 2-3 years ago. He should have had a start or two v Zebre/Dragons at home this year.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

If he's not cutting the mustard in training then why play him... hype means nothing, performance and rugby intelligence are everything, and that's why Ethan McIlroy has powered past Sexton despite being overlooked initially. If Sexton turns out to be a speedier Andy Maxwell (which I hope he doesn't) then we need to look elsewhere
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:18 am

I think Ulster should be looking to sign a top tier utility back like Koroibete, Radradra, Mckenzie, Havilli or Ennor.

Tevita Kuridrani set to leave a relegated Biarritz
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:04 pm

I think Ulster should be looking to sign a top tier utility back like Koroibete, Radradra, Mckenzie, Havilli or Ennor.

If Ulster sign a back before a prop/blindside someone should be sacked!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

launish116 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:01 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:04 pm

If Ulster sign a back before a prop/blindside someone should be sacked!
Prop yes, I doubt a back row will arrive, we've DV8 holding the NIQ position in the back row and Refell already coming from Sorries.

With Kane signing for Ealing we must have a prop signed.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Conor Carey leaving Northampton. Would he be a useful addition?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

flatpass wrote:Conor Carey leaving Northampton. Would he be a useful addition?
For Belfast Harlequins

The King is dead. Long live the King.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:13 pm
flatpass wrote:Conor Carey leaving Northampton. Would he be a useful addition?
For Belfast Harlequins

>EW
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So with Ross Kane and Jack McGrath gone, will there be additional signings or is the shop closed for season 22/23 and guys from the academy got promoted etc?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

a big Saffa lump for the front row would be more than decent!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

There’s Saunderson in the Academy who’s been playing for Queens.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

justinr73 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:53 pm There’s Saunderson in the Academy who’s been playing for Queens.
His scrummaging would concern me!