TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

launish116
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by launish116 »

Don't get me wrong would love an aggressive narley Georgian loosehead.

But everytime I see Moore get injured, I worry. For once I'm quite happy on the Loosehead stock and think Reid will keep progressing.

Edit* McKendry on Twitter stating Dan looking to bring in a senior IQ hooker next season.
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

O'Toole is lined up to be important for Ireland going forward and Leinster have an NIQ tighthead. At loosehead none of our options are realistically in Ireland reckoning without 2+ injuries so we're likely to get dispensation to bring in a loosehead who could even be a starter. That's why Kitshoff was being contacted to see if something could be done because it instantly adds a huge amount to the team in big games.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Sheehan will be reluctant to go anywhere. He is already guaranteed an ireland squad place by being able to run in tries on the wing. Only when all 6 irish front rowers are from Leinster will the irfu allow someone else to move given the outcry after wee joey.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

wonder would Ulster look to bring John McKee back from the leinster academy.

or niall annett from england.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I think a LHP of the calibre of Kitshoff is needed, if we really want to make the step up - our current options are all solid-to-good in different ways, but none of them are destructive scrummagers (not even Jack any more). Against the bigger sides our scrum always looks on the edge of wobbling, even if we get away with it - and some days we lose matches because of it, away versus Ospreys this season being a recent example..

On the hooker front, I know that players aren’t just pawns to be moved about by the irfu, but sometimes an inter-pro move just looks like a really obvious fit, and one that looks that way to me is James Tracy to Ulster. I think he’s a cracking player, great poach threat - and with the emergence of Sheehan behind Kelleher, he’s basically looking at playing no more big games at Leinster until he retires, barring injuries. Whereas at ulster he’d be right in the mix for the next couple of years (I do think Stewart will be nailing the starter spot down at some stage)

(Another move that for me has been screaming to take place for years is Dooley to another province - very good player, but always hopelessly far back behind a raft of internationals at Leinster. I saw a rumour today that he could be on his way to Quins now)
..one more thing
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Tracy is kak. There is reason ulster always compete Leinster ball when he is throwing in.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Tracy won't leave Leinster. He married into money and him and his missus bought a massive house in D4 there last year. I'd say he'd be happy enough to stay at Leinster as their 3rd choice.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Connacht just signed Josh Murphy, surely he would of been well suited to Ulster.
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

The problem is Connacht need him as one of the first names on the teamsheet, whereas we'd be looking at him as upgrade to Greg Jones/Matty Rea on a considerable step up on what we'd be willing to pay either of them. Sean reffell will have been signed with a view to start which likely moves timoney back into the 6 shirt. McCann is likely to continue gaining more minutes, think Munster is the only URC game he hasn't been involved with, which further squeezes options.

Edit* completely forgot to add in re-signing Murphy.

Does anyone know the story with Azur Allison, seemed to go from highly rated but injury affected to never mentioned again
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

New hooker mystery solved, Declan Moore from Munster joining on permanent deal from summer.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:58 pm New hooker mystery solved, Declan Moore from Munster joining on permanent deal from summer.
Little underwhelming, though he'll potentially be 3rd/4th choice.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Keyboard Warrior wrote:The problem is Connacht need him as one of the first names on the teamsheet, whereas we'd be looking at him as upgrade to Greg Jones/Matty Rea on a considerable step up on what we'd be willing to pay either of them. Sean reffell will have been signed with a view to start which likely moves timoney back into the 6 shirt. McCann is likely to continue gaining more minutes, think Munster is the only URC game he hasn't been involved with, which further squeezes options.

Does anyone know the story with Azur Allison, seemed to go from highly rated but injury affected to never mentioned again
Azur was chopped before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 pm
Keyboard Warrior wrote:The problem is Connacht need him as one of the first names on the teamsheet, whereas we'd be looking at him as upgrade to Greg Jones/Matty Rea on a considerable step up on what we'd be willing to pay either of them. Sean reffell will have been signed with a view to start which likely moves timoney back into the 6 shirt. McCann is likely to continue gaining more minutes, think Munster is the only URC game he hasn't been involved with, which further squeezes options.

Shame, was really hoping he'd step up!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

launish116 wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 pm

Shame, was really hoping he'd step up!
Azur was never going to be at that level.

Remember the academy selected Ben Carson before Jude postlewaite.
Personally I think they have a lot to answer for,too many times they get it soo wrong.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Can agree on that! hopefully that's all been rectified.

At least we have Crothers & Sheridan still in academy and a good U20 turn out in forwards this year.