TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22371
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

Great news. Sign him up for life. Let him decide the numbers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Squire
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by StandUp »

Anything in the pipeline for next season KOTH?
I don’t mean trap 2.
10 or 15 only
Initiate
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by 10 or 15 only »

If McGrath is not going to get back Shirley a LH is a priority.
Jetstream
Novice
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Jetstream »

Munster Rugby and the IRFU can confirm the signing of centre Antoine Frisch on a three-year contract from the start of next season.

From France, the 25-year-old is Irish-qualified through his maternal grandmother who hails from Dublin.

He joins the province from Bristol Bears where he has made 13 appearances for the Premiership side so far this season.

He previously lined out for PRO D2 side Rouen Normandie.

Name: Antoine Frisch

So that is Fekitoa and Frisch signed as centres for next season. Where is all the money coming from?
So much for supporting local talent.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7164
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:57 pm Munster Rugby and the IRFU can confirm the signing of centre Antoine Frisch on a three-year contract from the start of next season.

From France, the 25-year-old is Irish-qualified through his maternal grandmother who hails from Dublin.

He joins the province from Bristol Bears where he has made 13 appearances for the Premiership side so far this season.

He previously lined out for PRO D2 side Rouen Normandie.

Name: Antoine Frisch

So that is Fekitoa and Frisch signed as centres for next season. Where is all the money coming from?
So much for supporting local talent.
Fekitoa's wage is probably being covered by the private investors who were covering De Allende's and still covering Snyman. This new lad is a fire sale from Bristol who have salary cap issues as they got their paperwork wrong.
StandUp
Squire
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by StandUp »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:57 pm Munster Rugby and the IRFU can confirm the signing of centre Antoine Frisch on a three-year contract from the start of next season.

From France, the 25-year-old is Irish-qualified through his maternal grandmother who hails from Dublin.

He joins the province from Bristol Bears where he has made 13 appearances for the Premiership side so far this season.

He previously lined out for PRO D2 side Rouen Normandie.

Name: Antoine Frisch

So that is Fekitoa and Frisch signed as centres for next season. Where is all the money coming from?
So much for supporting local talent.
So much for repaying stadium loans. 🙄 Jokeshop.
User avatar
HammerTime
Steward
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by HammerTime »

Connaught have raided Leinster, Munster have made a couple of shrewd Irish qualified signings. We’ve so far signed a Saracens 2nds/3rds player and a Armagh fullback. Petree and Cunningham on holidays?
User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by kingofthehill »

HammerTime wrote:Connaught have raided Leinster, Munster have made a couple of shrewd Irish qualified signings. We’ve so far signed a Saracens 2nds/3rds player and a Armagh fullback. Petree and Cunningham on holidays?
HammerTime wrote:Connaught have raided Leinster 2nds, Munster have made a couple of shrewd Irish qualified signings. We’ve so far signed a Saracens B player and a Armagh fullback. Petree and Cunningham on holidays?
I agree to an extent.
Reffell is a very shrewd signing. Shea O’Brien is another player who should of been in the academy a few years back.

What your asking is, are the big names coming?

Front row - We know about the Kitchhoff situation so clearly looking a loosehead but why now accept a second rate one.
2nd row - another position we probably need but you have Hendy, Treadwell, AOC, Izzy and Carter. You can’t justify another 2nd row until Carter gone.
Backrow- Enough depth there.
Scrumhalf - Look next year.
Outhalf- Could argue we need another one.
Centres- Fairly set (if everyone fit)
Back 3 - Fairly set if everyone fit)

I think Ulster should be looking to sign a top tier utility back like Koroibete, Radradra, Mckenzie, Havilli or Ennor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
StandUp
Squire
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by StandUp »

Carter not feeling homesick or has a dodgy back?
User avatar
HammerTime
Steward
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by HammerTime »

I disagree Ulster in no way should be looking to sign any more backs. (other than a 10) We have to have a look at Sexton before he goes AWOL and we have Postlewaith coming through (who looks class) never mind what all is there currently. A high end prop and second row would be my wish list. Can't believe Carters contract was extended so that rules another SR out. We are winning plenty of pens at the breakdown and maul but we barely hold our own in the scrum and concede more pens than we gain. That is the one major area we are missing out on. Many of these Leinstermen we have are decent signings but I find O'Connor, O'Sullivan, Murphy even Timoney along with our own Warke ... they always get found out in the bigger games v better opposition. They go missing, and often collectively.
jean valjean
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2200
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by jean valjean »

You can never have too many back row players, just look at leinster. Reidy is going, duane and jordi haven't many years left in the tank, so we could be back to our long term problem, unless some of the youngsters come through and you can't be relying on that. A top class 6/8 will always be welcomed.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by kingofthehill »

HammerTime wrote:I disagree Ulster in no way should be looking to sign any more backs. (other than a 10) We have to have a look at Sexton before he goes AWOL and we have Postlewaith coming through (who looks class) never mind what all is there currently. A high end prop and second row would be my wish list. Can't believe Carters contract was extended so that rules another SR out. We are winning plenty of pens at the breakdown and maul but we barely hold our own in the scrum and concede more pens than we gain. That is the one major area we are missing out on. Many of these Leinstermen we have are decent signings but I find O'Connor, O'Sullivan, Murphy even Timoney along with our own Warke ... they always get found out in the bigger games v better opposition. They go missing, and often collectively.
Unfortunately Sexton isn’t of the standard.
Postlewaite will get game time next year for sure.

If I’m in charge at Ulster then my Top 3 priorities with all things considered currently.

1. Loosehead - already stated the issue. We don’t want another Carter situation in which we don’t get our main target and then settle.
2. 2nd row - already stated the issue. Renewing Carters contract was a sackable offence IMO.
3. Utility back - I would like to know the injuries stats this year when you compare backs to forwards. Always feel there are loads of niggles with backs across the whole back line hence why a top notch experience back would fill in nicely.
Just look at what happened this year - Addison and Stockdale injured and Lowry moved from 10 to 15. Tonight we have Moore playing his second game at 15.

Backrow- Mccann will take over from Reidy. Reffell is in. Can’t sign another NIQ for backrow. I think Ulster missed a trick with Josh Murphy going to Connacht.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by nonplussed »

Carter is up there Gavin Pfister as a terrible signing!
WestDr
Novice
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by WestDr »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:03 am Unfortunately Sexton isn’t of the standard.
Postlewaite will get game time next year for sure.

If I’m in charge at Ulster then my Top 3 priorities with all things considered currently.

1. Loosehead - already stated the issue. We don’t want another Carter situation in which we don’t get our main target and then settle.
2. 2nd row - already stated the issue. Renewing Carters contract was a sackable offence IMO.
3. Utility back - I would like to know the injuries stats this year when you compare backs to forwards. Always feel there are loads of niggles with backs across the whole back line hence why a top notch experience back would fill in nicely.
Just look at what happened this year - Addison and Stockdale injured and Lowry moved from 10 to 15. Tonight we have Moore playing his second game at 15.

Backrow- Mccann will take over from Reidy. Reffell is in. Can’t sign another NIQ for backrow. I think Ulster missed a trick with Josh Murphy going to Connacht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you KoTH - some handy and considered supported insight, together with some forward thinking. Carter - IMO lots of 20/20 hindsight being applied there around his signing, although doubtless the Dans have a plan for him (well, I hope so). It's the comment about settling for not the main target which is of more concern. I'd also be keen to know why Izzy C is busy turning out for 'Hinch and not getting a sniff at the higher level - is he still finding his way back to full fitness ? Or next year's project ?

As for some of the other comments; Ulster - a province always looking backwards and great at nursing grudges. Sure, Cu Chulainn wouldn't have got a game being too small, too young, too aggressive, and definitely did not win the Schools Cup with Methody. Thought Mike Lowry was excellent on the UR Show last night with some fascinating self-reflective comments.
StandUp
Squire
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by StandUp »

🙄
Post Reply