TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by thecrouch »

I hear we have offered Sam Prendergast (the Leinster Ireland U20s 10) a senior contract.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He should run a mile. Players are regressing under the current regime.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

thecrouch wrote:I hear we have offered Sam Prendergast (the Leinster Ireland U20s 10) a senior contract.
They guy probably fancies himself as leinster no. 1 in a year or so therefore no chance.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

jean valjean wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I hear we have offered Sam Prendergast (the Leinster Ireland U20s 10) a senior contract.
They guy probably fancies himself as leinster no. 1 in a year or so therefore no chance.
He may well, however he has just the small matter of three full internationals (Byrne x2 and Frawley - leaving aside Sexton…) and last years 20s out-half Tector currently in the queue ahead of him..
..one more thing
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

would take him in a heartbeat no matter how short his tenure might be.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Columbo wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
He may well, however he has just the small matter of three full internationals (Byrne x2 and Frawley - leaving aside Sexton…) and last years 20s out-half Tector currently in the queue ahead of him..
I would say he is a better 10 than all of them and he probably knows it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ack Crouchie there's no need for that.

It's the hope that kills ye!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Madigan to AIL
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I can't see any "decent" 10 from Leinster coming to Ulster for at least another season. With Sexton gone there is no set pecking order in Ireland. Remember Ross Byrne wasn't even a squad member barely 6 months ago , as he was behind Sexton, Carberry and Crowley, plus possibly Frawley in the Ireland pecking order. In no time at all he has become backup, but let's face it, he is no Johnny Sexton and things could change very quickly.
I'd imagine, both Byrnes, Frawley, Hector and Prendergrast all fancy their chances of becoming the Leinster no.1 and playing in a team like that is much more likely to propel them onto the international stage - as we have seen with some of the Leinster backups who have been called up to the squad before.

Until there is a new established order at Leinster, I very much doubt anyone who is in the reckoning will leave there.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

thecrouch wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:06 am I hear we have offered Sam Prendergast (the Leinster Ireland U20s 10) a senior contract.
With Flannery re-signing does that indicate he told us to go and do one?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

mea97mb wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:41 pm
thecrouch wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:06 am I hear we have offered Sam Prendergast (the Leinster Ireland U20s 10) a senior contract.
There’s been talk of Flannery re-signing for two or three months, which indicated that any link with SP was wide of the mark
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

mea97mb wrote:
Not necessarily - I thought he looked good for the 20s, but IMO his highlight reel was better than his overall performances, which had downs as well as ups. I think regardless what province he’s at, he’s a year or 2 away from nailing a start
..one more thing
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Or maybe not….!
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

They've left both Byrnes, Crawley and Sexton in Ireland and more or less sent the A team south. Will be interesting to see how he goes though, lots of hype but tomorrow will be a big step up from the U20s.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Well after watching his senior debut yesterday I have to say I called that one wrong!! He looked absolutely to the manor born. In fairness the Lions are the softest SA side, and in particular the loosest in defence so it wasn’t the sternest test, but still it was an extremely impressive performance. I don’t know if the rumour has any legs but on that evidence he’d be right in the mix at any of the 4 provinces next season! Very interested to see how he goes against Bulls if he gets the nod
..one more thing