TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 am A rumour I heard this week is that the Kitshoff deal may have legs after all!!! Image (hard to say what my confidence level is - good source with good contacts, but a bit of a throwaway comment on passing!)

I also heard of a couple of old friends who won’t be offered contracts, never nice to hear but hopefully they can line something up elsewhere..
Ulster must have found a big bag of gold if true, I thought it was a non-starter as he was under contract with no exit clause for 22/23 season and Ulster would have had to pay compo.
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Columbo wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 am A rumour I heard this week is that the Kitshoff deal may have legs after all!!! Image (hard to say what my confidence level is - good source with good contacts, but a bit of a throwaway comment on passing!)

I also heard of a couple of old friends who won’t be offered contracts, never nice to hear but hopefully they can line something up elsewhere..
Doesn't say much for EOS and Reid if they bring in Kitshoff as well as keeping McGrath. Those tow need to kick on though.

On non renewals - Shanahan? Thought Gilroy would have made a decent case for another contract.

Marcus Rea is on a 1yr contract- hope we are keeping him but with Sarries Sean signed and Crothers in the academy back row spots are getting crowded.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I had read the same thing re the release fee for Kitshoff, so who knows. Would certainly be a game-changing signing IMO - EOS has struggled at scrum time, in fairness to Reid he’s still young for a prop.

In the back row what I heard was one Sean in, one Sean out
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Silverstu wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am

Doesn't say much for EOS and Reid if they bring in Kitshoff as well as keeping McGrath. Those tow need to kick on though.

On non renewals - Shanahan? Thought Gilroy would have made a decent case for another contract.

Marcus Rea is on a 1yr contract- hope we are keeping him but with Sarries Sean signed and Crothers in the academy back row spots are getting crowded.
No confirmation of new deals for EOS or McGrath....YET.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Nobody is going to take jack on without a serious run of games and form for the rest of the season. Why would ulster rehab him then see the benefits go somewhere else? Loose head is not where we are lacking IMO.
Would be a shame to see reidy go, yes he has been overshadowed by timoney in the last 12 months but was our most consistent performer in the back row for many seasons.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:

Ulster must have found a big bag of gold if true, I thought it was a non-starter as he was under contract with no exit clause for 22/23 season and Ulster would have had to pay compo.
I can tell you this.

Kitshoff was incredibly close to happening but it’s not happening now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:04 pm Nobody is going to take jack on without a serious run of games and form for the rest of the season. Why would ulster rehab him then see the benefits go somewhere else? Loose head is not where we are lacking IMO.
Would be a shame to see reidy go, yes he has been overshadowed by timoney in the last 12 months but was our most consistent performer in the back row for many seasons.
I may get shot in the face for this but I would prefer to lose Jordi than Reidy.
Sean has been brilliant for us.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:36 pm
jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:04 pm Nobody is going to take jack on without a serious run of games and form for the rest of the season. Why would ulster rehab him then see the benefits go somewhere else? Loose head is not where we are lacking IMO.
I may get shot in the face for this but I would prefer to lose Jordi than Reidy.
Sean has been brilliant for us.
Didn't realise that Jordi is younger than Sean. He seems to have been around for ages.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Didn't realise that Jordi is younger than Sean. He seems to have been around for ages.
[/quote]

Nor did I. Only 30??
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Frawley out of contract in 2022. Any thoughts on us trying to pull him north as a 10/12? He would fancy his chances of usurping burns if he wants to be a 10.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:27 pm Frawley out of contract in 2022. Any thoughts on us trying to pull him north as a 10/12? He would fancy his chances of usurping burns if he wants to be a 10.
Has had a lot of injuries it seems, but probably being seen as key player to Leinster when Sexton finally retires. IRFU can't make players move as we have seen in the past when Byrne and Carbery rejected moves North from Leinster.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Neill_M wrote:

I can tell you this.

Does that mean we are no longer looking for a loosehead prop?

McGrath 32 (33 October)
Warwick 31 (31 March)
O'Sullivan 26
Reid 22
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Neill_M wrote:

I can tell you this.

Does that mean we are no longer looking for a loosehead prop?

McGrath 32 (33 October)
Warwick 31 (31 March)
O'Sullivan 26
Reid 22
Ulster are not signing kitshoff.

Would imagine someone else will be coming instead now

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Ah well. Still it’s probably a good sign that we’re in the market for that calibre of player. We definitely need a strong LH imo

Frawley’s an interesting one, he’s an absolutely class player and I’ve heard people say his best position is 10, but he hasn’t had a sniff at 10 at Leinster for quite some time. He’s getting reasonable game time there though, he might fancy fighting for a spot once sexton retires.. ulster would be a good move for him if he prefers 10, better opportunity to stake a claim..
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster have given Burns a 2 year extension till 2024. Suggests he is the guy with the 10 shirt, I know not all fans think that etc.