TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2237
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Belfast

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by pip14 »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:51 pm
Neill_M wrote:
damianmcr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am Leinster fan telling me there's a large number of rumours that Frawley is heading North. King?
If we are talking a 10, more likely the son of the 20s coach / Ulster interim coach. I have no evidence this is a thing just for clarity.
110% he is not coming up North but is resigning for Leinster.

Ulster will have a new 10 to an extent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doak
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
ljsulster
Novice
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by ljsulster »

Outhalf depth chart next season

1. Nathan Doak
2. James Humphreys
3. Reece Malone

True Ulster royalty
Bart S
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bart S »

damianmcr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am Leinster fan telling me there's a large number of rumours that Frawley is heading North. King?
Frawley makes no sense. He's in the Ireland squad due to his versatility which he can show at leinster.

Unless he's confident he can knock Crawley off top spot as outhalf then why come?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5856
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by justinr73 »

pip14 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:42 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:51 pm
Neill_M wrote:
damianmcr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am Leinster fan telling me there's a large number of rumours that Frawley is heading North. King?
If we are talking a 10, more likely the son of the 20s coach / Ulster interim coach. I have no evidence this is a thing just for clarity.
110% he is not coming up North but is resigning for Leinster.

Ulster will have a new 10 to an extent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doak
He’s not the only ginger not quite new option….

Bring him home….

The Admiral, Peter Nelson!
Bayern
Steward
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bayern »

ljsulster wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm Outhalf depth chart next season

1. Nathan Doak
2. James Humphreys
3. Reece Malone

True Ulster royalty
Jack Murphy is your saviour.
Bayern
Steward
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bayern »

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/t ... st-1177786

Don't be surprised to see likes of Henderson depart and other big names. I'd also expect to see a few Leinster guys go up and basically start again with mentality of a few years pain to develop a new culture etc.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: The Dufferin

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bayern wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:51 pm https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/t ... st-1177786

Don't be surprised to see likes of Henderson depart and other big names. I'd also expect to see a few Leinster guys go up and basically start again with mentality of a few years pain to develop a new culture etc.
Missus won't let him go to France for a 2 year payday... PJ a bad influence
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 8416
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

Someone on Twitter with "sources" now linking Flannery with a move away from Ulster.

Burns being linked with a return to Gloucester (different Twitter account). Apparently either him or Anscombe will replace Hastings who is heading to Glasgow.
User avatar
Columbo
Squire
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Columbo »

Yeah and tbh there’s a lot of BS flying around, not even just Ulster-related, last week the big splash was that Huw Jones to Montpellier was a ‘done deal’ this week he signs an extension with Glasgow (who posted in French ‘don’t believe everything you read online’ which is pretty apt!)

It feels as if there are moves afoot behind the scenes in Ulster - and in fact all the provinces - there’s always going to be tension between taking cost out and keeping the squad competitive, Ulster just happen to be particularly in the spotlight. But really they need to start making some announcements or there’ll just be constant squawking from internet BS-artists for the next few months
..one more thing
User avatar
solidarity
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by solidarity »

If all the rumours are correct we'll all be lining up for Casement park tickets as the 'astroturf' tumbleweed blows across Ravenhill
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 8416
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 pm Yeah and tbh there’s a lot of BS flying around, not even just Ulster-related, last week the big splash was that Huw Jones to Montpellier was a ‘done deal’ this week he signs an extension with Glasgow (who posted in French ‘don’t believe everything you read online’ which is pretty apt!)

It feels as if there are moves afoot behind the scenes in Ulster - and in fact all the provinces - there’s always going to be tension between taking cost out and keeping the squad competitive, Ulster just happen to be particularly in the spotlight. But really they need to start making some announcements or there’ll just be constant squawking from internet BS-artists for the next few months Image
Did see a sensible suggestion imo re a transfer window for rugby similar to football. Would shut down all these months of speculation and rumours.
Jetstream
Steward
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Jetstream »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:51 am
Columbo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 pm Yeah and tbh there’s a lot of BS flying around, not even just Ulster-related, last week the big splash was that Huw Jones to Montpellier was a ‘done deal’ this week he signs an extension with Glasgow (who posted in French ‘don’t believe everything you read online’ which is pretty apt!)

It feels as if there are moves afoot behind the scenes in Ulster - and in fact all the provinces - there’s always going to be tension between taking cost out and keeping the squad competitive, Ulster just happen to be particularly in the spotlight. But really they need to start making some announcements or there’ll just be constant squawking from internet BS-artists for the next few months Image
Did see a sensible suggestion imo re a transfer window for rugby similar to football. Would shut down all these months of speculation and rumours.

Rumours and speculation keep this site going.
User avatar
Columbo
Squire
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Columbo »

I do love rumours and speculation as much as your next man, the problem at the minute is that the IRFU / Ulster have (once again) mis-managed a situation, such that a massively exaggerated doom spiral of leaks and rumours have broken out. They need to get a grip of the messaging, and rolling Petrie out to trot out vague cliches tomorrow evening won’t do the trick
..one more thing
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5128
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Setanta »

Surely Petrie should have gone before McFarland or at least at the same time ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Columbo
Squire
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Columbo »

I reckon they’ll keep him around to see if the Murphy appointment works out. You don’t want to bring a new face in and start with a blank slate, only for the rest of the season to blow up and Murphy have to scarper back to the 20s!

If it works out all well and good replace him at their leisure. If it doesn’t then make it Petrie’s fault and chop him at the end of the season.
..one more thing
Post Reply