HEC away games

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Which Away match will you go to?

Biarritz Olympique Pays-Basque?
22%
Saracens?
6%
Benetton Treviso?
11%
Only 2
22%
All 3?
22%
None at all!!
17%

Total votes: 18

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

fermain wrote:
good stuff... i'll try and arrange something with UAFC London Branch :terror: (i.e. Caolan and AaronS if i can find them? :roll:)
shouldn't that be UAFC London brigade? :terror:
sorry UAFC London '4th batt' :lol: :terror:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Oh dear this is all beginning to turn into a bit of a bad dream ....

Colin :twisted:
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

hope to be at all 3 aways
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

colinh wrote:Oh dear this is all beginning to turn into a bit of a bad dream ....

ah piffle! its what dreams are made of heyburn!!!... anyone want to stay at rea towers??? :roll: surprisingly comfortable floor after 15 pints of belgian premium :twisted:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

15 pints of spew from the fifteenth floor could be an enticing proposition unless you are underneath it all..

Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Well Jamesie (as honorary spokesman of the London Branch of UAFC) with less than 6 months to go before we invade what plans are afoot??

:wink: :wink: :wink:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Saracens - but can anyone tell me where to find a cheap flight home on the Monday (18th Dec) . Flybmi seem 2 b up 2 £66. wud prefer city airport but Aldergrove (international?) will do at a pinch. Theres a pint in it for the person who finds me the cheapest flight by 1st august. Cheers
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HM, perhaps your problem with a cheap flight on Monday 18th is the fact that Sunday is the 18th and Monday is the 19th :roll:
If you fly Sleasyjet with the rest of us plebs on Friday to Sunday you can still do it for £58.98 including train fare from Luton :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

The game against Sarries may well be a Sunday fixture, as their opening match against Biarritz is scheduled for a Sunday with Watford FC playing away that weekend. Watford are also away on the weekend of the Ulster game, so it seems that Sarries prefer the Sunday games unless Sky have the last say.
Any other info on the likely date would be much appreciated.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Browner, I feel the same as you about this game and reckon on a Sunday match hence have booked flight on Monday for coming home, a Sunday night flight would be possible if the game is early or if all the trains to get you back to Luton go on time and don't breakdown :shock: If we finished up with a 5:00 ko it would start to get tight to return home Sunday.
Sky will probably let us know in October when the cheap flights are all booked, nothing new there :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Yes Rooster, unfortnately covering all eventualities, Fri-Sun can be expensive when your trying to do all the away games, and the Chancellor shows no flexibility in her budget. :cry:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Yes I can relate to that.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

You need to gather up a shed load of brownie points as well to do the full weekends as it usually means Friday to Monday :)
Can't see Sarries playing on Friday night though but with Sky involved it's a tough call and a risk, as I know from past experience :evil:
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

looks like a Thur nite flight flight to heathrow (from city airport) and a monday flight back to aldergrove from Luton with easyjet. still quite cheap esp. as accomodation free as staying with sister in Chinnor (look it up on a map) who may also be taxi driver to and from airport and also the game whenever it is.

still leaves me and junior looking for a "free" lift into belfast from aldergrove bout t-time on monday 19th. any volunteers??
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Mike - what is the cheerleading situation in Luton and the surrounding area. the ulster public have a right 2 know.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU