Ulster v Connacht Videos

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Videos

Post by Rooster »

bogboy wrote: The ref called it for crossing
No he didn't he can clearly be heard saying "obstruction, no maul formed"
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bogboy wrote:I beleive it is prohibited to talk to the ref before the match capt sir
not sure which law
From an international & ML referee,
Some coaches will give me a buzz before the game and ask for clarity on certain issues.
From a former Ulster coach
I would also have at least one conversation with the referee before we play to try to iron out some areas and we’d ask him what he thinks of us (he’ll have watched videos of us too), and if there’s any areas he’s concerned about. There is a flow of information between the coaches and the referees.
I also know from personal conversations with both, that exchange of info/tactics/ploys does (did?) take place before matches.

Before the World Cup, there was a ban put in place on meetings between referees and coaches prior to matches and referees were instructed to referee only what they saw on the park. I'm not sure that "ban" has extended to other matches/competitions since the World Cup (but is the reason for my disclaimer in the previous post).
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Take your word for it

You nancy fancier
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Don't take MY word for it.

I'm taking THEIR word for it!

You could be right that it's not allowed, but that's not to say it doesn't happen.