What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: What annoys people????

Post by StandUp »

rumncoke wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:46 am it is of course a personal experience each patient is different and provided the cancer is diagnosed early and has not spread to Lymph nodes or other organs the disease is treatable with a remarkable degree of success .

My relating of my experience is basically a bit of therapy for me and I hope an encouragement to others to avoid delaying a diagnosis .

I recently had a friend phoned me up saying his PSA was up from 4 to 6 and he was being referred to an urologist and was highly stressed

I informed him the first thing his urologist would do would be to obtain a MRI scan if the scan showed any abnormality he would do a biopsy but to remember that the odds a only 1 in 4 for a PSA under 10 and 50/50 for a PSA between 10- 20 and that at the moment the odds were with him he was at the start of a possible long journey .

The time to be stressed is after the Biopsy waiting for the letter and then if your biopsy shows high grade ( grade 4 =4+4 ) cancer and you face more scans to fined out if it ha s spread . That latter waiting time for results is the most stressful because stage 4 cancer is only treatable it can not be cured or the patient be described as in remission , because whist cancer may be removed there is always the possibility it may return.

Local prostate cancer has a 5 year cancer free time span of 98 %
Christ what a nightmare. Glad you are able to get good treatment though. Very best of luck with it Rum’n.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

PS My friend had Private Health Insurance -- went private and had the MRI and result within 10 days -- nothing abnormal except a large Prostate offered medication which may have been Combodart which as the name suggests is a combination of two medications one of which may have side effects --- was on it for about 6 months -- and started to get "Tender T-T" it is also associated with the possibility of more aggressive prostate cancer --- I might be one of the unlucky ones .

He declined the offer .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

idiots who take parking spaces away in Adelaide St to be replaced by flower beds

Flowers --Nice to look at but they don't spend money in shops
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:10 pm idiots who take parking spaces away in Adelaide St to be replaced by flower beds

You're probably entitled to a blue badge Rum. Park anywhere you like as long as you're not causing an obstruction - even on yellow lines!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:10 pm idiots who take parking spaces away in Adelaide St to be replaced by flower beds

Clown need to justify their jobs somehow🙄
Just like the bus lanes.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Those who complain about the NHS since 1st of Jan 21

I have had
6 injections

6 scans 2 MRI ,1 full body bone scan,1 ct scan , a full abdominal ct scan, and 1 simulation ct scan

3 covid tests pre procedure

1 pre procedure medical check up including ECG

1 (39 core prostate biopsy) ( with spinal ) 2 positive cores Gleason (4+ 4 ) Grade 4 cancer

5 catheters inserted one for 22 days including several visits from district nurses due to blockage

1 urinary infection treated with antibiotics

20 days of radiation therapy

4 telephone consultations

3 face to face (mask to mask) consultations

and 8 blood tests

All my National Health Insurance contributions refunded in 12 months

Remember that could be you when you look at the deductions from your pay check
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:01 am Those who complain about the NHS since 1st of Jan 21

I have had
6 injections

6 scans 2 MRI ,1 full body bone scan,1 ct scan , a full abdominal ct scan, and 1 simulation ct scan

1 (39 core prostate biopsy) ( with spinal ) 2 positive cores Gleason (4+ 4 ) Grade 4 cancer

5 catheters inserted one for 22 days including several visits from district nurses due to blockage

and 8 blood tests

The NHS might not be perfect but we are a damn sight luckier than many countries.
Rum’n if you were a horse….
Anyway, best of luck, kick that cancers ass.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:01 am Those who complain about the NHS since 1st of Jan 21

I have had
6 injections

8 blood tests

and a partridge in a pear tree

You forgot one thing
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Is that not two things? A partridge AND a pear tree. :duck:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:05 am Is that not two things? A partridge AND a pear tree. :duck:
No - he only got to keep the partridge.

The pear tree had to go back. :roll:

Something to do with TicketMaster's T&Cs. :whistle:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Capt as you have stated on another thread mine is a common cancer in that 1 in 8 men will possible have it by the age of 80

Of all cancers it is possibly one of the most benign since more will die with it than of it.

it is also possibly one which can be most successfully treated if caught early even in its most aggressive forms .

As I recorded above I had a friend with a raised PSA and referral to an Urologist and stressed with that news my own point of high stress was when I was in formed of the number of cores to be taken ( because experience made me aware that I had a high possibility of AUR ) next point of stress was when the Gleason score ( 4 + 4 ) was identified maybe a ( 5 + 3 ) would have been a bigger worry .

As I said it was a form of therapy to unload here and also an opportunity to remind those here that caught early it is treatable failure to act on symptoms is an act of foolishness.

I have been on the treadmill since 2013 with a rising PSA if the doctors weren't worried then I wasn't to concerned.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:16 am Capt as you have stated on another thread mine is a common cancer in that 1 in 8 men will possible have it by the age of 80

Of all cancers it is possibly one of the most benign since more will die with it than of it.

it is also possibly one which can be most successfully treated if caught early even in its most aggressive forms .

As I recorded above I had a friend with a raised PSA and referral to an Urologist and stressed with that news my own point of high stress was when I was in formed of the number of cores to be taken ( because experience made me aware that I had a high possibility of AUR ) next point of stress was when the Gleason score ( 4 + 4 ) was identified maybe a ( 5 + 3 ) would have been a bigger worry .

As I said it was a form of therapy to unload here and also an opportunity to remind those here that caught early it is treatable failure to act on symptoms is an act of foolishness.

I have been on the treadmill since 2013 with a rising PSA if the doctors weren't worried then I wasn't to concerned.
Good man Rum - keep people aware. This forum must be one of the best target audiences for the message.

And keep us up to date with what they're doing to you and how it's going, just so long as it helps keep you sane (it's all relative).

With all the sihte written on this forum, I don't expect anyone will complain if occasionally they read something that is important.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rum, if this forum is a way for you to connect with others at a difficult time, keep doing it. It would be the best thing this place could ever do.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Good on ya Rum. If one person is persuaded not to ignore symptoms, then you’ve done a cracking job.
Best of luck.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Very impressed with how you're tackling this Rum.

A good reminder for all of us to keep an eye on the waterworks and give the auld plums a check while we're at it although as Mrs BM says "sure men are never done fiddling with their bits anyway ..." :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall