Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

David Craig
Novice

Botha

Post by David Craig »

Has it been confirmed that Botha is definitely coming to Ulster and any word on the new winger?
McPepper
Initiate

Re: Botha

Post by McPepper »

http://www.rugby365.com/news/910753.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not in the Tr-Nations squad so that usually indicates something
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Sounds more like he has been dropped, but it's all good if it means he is arriving sooner for pre season.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

He was also part of a solid Springbok performance in the scrums in the second Test against Wales recently.

However, CJ van der Linde and Brian Mujati have been selected as tighthead props for the tour of New Zealand and Australia, with Gurthrö Steenkamp and Tendai Mtawarira on the other side of the front row.

Botha will join Ulster in Ireland in January
http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/Rugb ... 66,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y is he joining next year???
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

whats this ># ?
January, thats not what MR was saying before. No wonder theres been no announcement. Maybe someone will let us know now that the SA media have reported it. :evil:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Something up with both him and CJ the Leinster prop neither have ever been officially confirmed and I'm still not really convinced with Court's improvement this year that the prop department was the correct place to spend a pot of money.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterInDublin
Novice

Post by UlsterInDublin »

Court is not a class player...he has improved this year i'll give you that, but he has poor technique and can't discipline himself.

Botha brings:
1) International experience (rugby, not shot-putting)
2) Good technique
3) A new, educated voice to the front row
4) A talisman to the pack that we have lost with N.Best's departure

With the international experience comes experience of top coaching techniques, experience of playing in a World Cup finals against the best in the world and knowledge that he can dish out...

I think its a wonderful signing if confirmed, it may not attract the attention of a flying winger or a legendary flanker, but we have to rebuild everywhere and the scrum should always be the priority...Go BJ!!!
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Of course Botha will be a big bonus but I think some are being harsh on Court.

I saw his first game at Malone and to be honest he was totally clueless in the scrum. The improvement he has made in two years is remarkable. If he continues to improve at that rate he will contend for the Irish tight head position in 2010-2011.
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

fermain wrote:whats this ># ?
January, thats not what MR was saying before. No wonder theres been no announcement. Maybe someone will let us know now that the SA media have reported it. :evil:
Come, come boys you believe that MR (and now Dr Humph) and Ulster Rugby are not holding anything back from you. Don't you? :cowboy:

:stir:
"You can't please all the people all the time!" Mr. Robert Marley
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Captain Chaos wrote:
fermain wrote:whats this ># ?
Come, come boys you believe that MR (and now Dr Humph) and Ulster Rugby are not holding anything back from you. Don't you? :cowboy:
Something up with both him and CJ the Leinster prop neither have ever been officially confirmed

:stir:
Well I have always felt there is some sort of problem with both of those 2
Last edited by Rooster on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

well judging by this story and his omittion from the Tri-Nations squad it would be safe in saying that he is coming here but the thing i want to know is when does his contract to the Natal Sharks end? does it end after the Currie Cup or does it end at the end of 2008
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Well hopefully he wont play in the 3N and will come here rested. We can manage with big Tom & D Fitz til Christmas and BJ woul dbe a nice boost in the NY.
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

The Sharks have not included discarded Springbok tighthead prop BJ Botha in their lineup for the Currie Cup match against the Boland Kavaliers in Durban on Friday night.
http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=13993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rejected by the Sharks and South Africa
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

I'll be happier when he shows up in the "Player Spotting" thread.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

The comment on tom court,i think he has came on leaps and bounds last season.I personally think he should be our main tighthead. :blueafro: