What are you reading?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: What are you reading?

Post by solidarity »

Not the most appropriate thread perhaps but no point starting a new one...

Anyone signed up for RugbyPass? https://www.rugbypass.com/join/ At a tenner a year, seems worth a read, is it?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just finished Sean O'Brien's autobiography (well, listened to the audiobook, from the library, via Libby. Give it a try) and it wasn't the worst one I've read. Like the others, it simply becomes a list of his most interesting matches and some extra comments (I would have liked a lot more). He has hardly a bad word to say about anybody so I don't feel I know anybody any better than I did before, apart from Sean himself, of course. Clearly a bloke's bloke and a man who loves his home turf. Did he have to use f*** so often? If anybody knows why it's called 'Fuel' I'd love to know.

Next up is the hardback edition of Rory Best's bio.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Bill Bryson History of the English language. Very entertaining ( his Books always are) and educational. Thought I would catch it before English is banned by the Shinners!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Proper title is " The Mother tongue "...........but undoubtedly that is probably offensive to some?

This political correctness is becoming a right pain in the a**e!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Bill Bryson History of the English language. Very entertaining ( his Books always are) and educational. Thought I would catch it before English is banned by the Shinners!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:D :D So good I read it twice. !
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Maybe I’m a bit late to the party, but I’ve just finished The Grudge by Tom English on the train back to Paris.

It’s about the 1990 Calcutta Cup/Grand Slam decider.

Truly a great read.

Coincidentally, BT Sport have made it into a documentary airing this Friday night.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Might start reading more these days now that the city of Bangor HAS A NEW BOOKSHOP!!! Waterstones open in Bloomfied Centre. Has the tide turned and books are becoming cool again?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:53 pm Might start reading more these days now that the city of Bangor HAS A NEW BOOKSHOP!!! Waterstones open in Bloomfied Centre. Has the tide turned and books are becoming cool again?
They also opened a new one in Forestside last year.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:19 am
solidarity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:53 pm Might start reading more these days now that the city of Bangor HAS A NEW BOOKSHOP!!! Waterstones open in Bloomfied Centre. Has the tide turned and books are becoming cool again?
Bet it's not as good as ours. >TT
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:57 pm
Better class of clientele though. There's no Poundstretcher in Lesley Forestside old boy :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:06 am
Better class of clientele though. There's no Poundstretcher in Lesley Forestside old boy :lol:
Best feature of Forestside.
Last Friday of each month, noon, mobile paper waste shredding service. All proceeds to charity. Invaluable.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 am
Last Friday of each month, noon, mobile paper waste shredding service. All proceeds to charity. Invaluable.
New one on me and I 'm never out of the place :thumleft:

I see the best coffee is no longer on a different level. Curious to see what the new eating houses will be.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:03 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 am
New one on me and I 'm never out of the place :thumleft:

I see the best coffee is no longer on a different level. Curious to see what the new eating houses will be.
Hope they're better than the two fast food things we got here at the last development.