What are you reading?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

if anyone is interested in drug trafficking, life in a bolivian prison, and how one led to the other for an englishman, marching powder is a good read.

next on the list, escobar's biography.

but i have started another jack reacher in between, just to lighten up my reading material somewhat.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
philelwood
Novice

Post by philelwood »

Just starting to read State Origin - The Evidence of The Laboratory Birth of Aids by Boyd E. Graves JD.

One for the open minded. As I haven't found a book for my own autoimmune disease Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis) which have definitive answers to the creation of it or cure for it why not start with the biggest man made disease for one of the ongoing methods for population control by the Worlds Elite. As I said one for the open minded. :wink:
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

"Matterhorn" by Karl Marlantes. Set to be a classic. A "novel" set during Vietnam War.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Just finished 'Dragon tattoo' & agree with earlier posts on here. Wasn't going to bother with the next installment, but following the UAFC's book critiques' input, DL & GC, I just might. Latest movie trailers look pretty good for Dragon Tattoo.

Done a 'Welder' and moved on to a Jack Reacher one for next couple of nights.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Lanzaman wrote:Just finished 'Dragon tattoo' & agree with earlier posts on here. Wasn't going to bother with the next installment, but following the UAFC's book critiques' input, DL & GC, I just might. Latest movie trailers look pretty good for Dragon Tattoo.

Done a 'Welder' and moved on to a Jack Reacher one for next couple of nights.
Class film Lanza
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

dick and dora,fluff and nip..
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Jo Nesbo, the next Steig Larrsson apparently, but better IMHO, with a great detective character, cross between Rebus, Harry Bosch and Reacher, but the books have been translated in the wrong order. Just finished The Snowman first and then The Redbreast which came before, however both excellent, well translated, and very well written, my recommendation for the summer. Costco have them cheap at the minute.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Speaking of Reacher - I read that they're planning on having Tom Cruise play him in a movie ! That's just wrong.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Lanzaman wrote:Speaking of Reacher - I read that they're planning on having Tom Cruise play him in a movie ! That's just wrong.
Jack Reacher according to the books is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 220 and 250 pounds. Surely Tom Cruise would be ideal for the part :lol: or maybe Paul Marshall?
KingLuba
Novice

Post by KingLuba »

Just finished 'The Damned United' by David Peace, this guy is one of the most talented authors Ive ever read.
Even if you hate football give this book a look!

Now reading 'The cold six thousand' by James Ellroy, a fictionalised account of the atfermath of JFK's assasination. After watching the 'Kennedy family' documentaries at the weekend Im totally fascinated by their life and times and this book casts an even darker shadow over events...sinister stuff!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

"Is There Life after Death" by Anthony Peake, a book that looks at the extraordinary science of what happens when we die.Deja vu, or Deja vecu, does include some quantum physics,including that cat belonging to Schrodinger,
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Puzzling People, The labyrinth of the Psychopath by Thomas Sheridan. This is a book that you really should read.

Do you know someone that is charming but yet seems shallow,a person who will be there when you seem to need them most but is just using you,a person who will try and be popular but when you ask around your mates you find out that they are playing one off against another,someone who will volunteer for anything,but can't finish the job off,someone who will blame others and when they slag off a person or a method and it backfires on them then they suddenly decide to use that method,someone who will join the crowd to be accepted,and pick on the person that has insight into them,Then this book is for you.Beware the person that has no compassion,beware the person that can use language or symbols that you would find offensive for a cheap laugh.You are being manipulated my friend.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Just finished the first three James Bond novels - they're class!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

For anyone interested in the Jo Nesbo books, the order is -
The Redbreast, Nemesis, The Devil's Star, The Redeemer, The Snowman, The Leopard.
A great series with a great (anti)hero, wonderfully named Harry Hole.

Rocky.
Bo***cks to Brexit
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

just read 'All the Pretty Horses', Cormac MacCarthy - absolutely brilliant..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden