Weather

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bootlace

Weather

Post by bootlace »

Just hoping that all you folks hav'nt been too badly effected by the deluge :shock: seems to have been pretty bad though.Over here we seem to avoid most of the rain due to the island having a micro climate,but the wind always plays a prominent part in the island 's activities, most people tend to have a permanent lean :wink:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Weather

Post by Rooster »

bootlace wrote:Just hoping that all you folks hav'nt been too badly effected by the deluge :shock:
It's ok , roads closed houses flooded but the game was on Friday night so it escaped, got to get the priority's right and the mess should be cleared for this Friday and forecast is good for Friday night :cheers:

Seriously though not a pleasant happening getting your house flooded and sympathy goes out to anyone who has suffered.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Spent Saturday doing a King Canute trying to divert a river past my house - reasonably successfully :)

Spent yesterday cleaning out the flooded garage :cry:

On the bright side - one of the boxes I salvaged (which was only slightly damp) was a whole pile of rugby programmes from the 70's/80's :cheers: . That and my collection of PTQs - that'll be my reading sorted 'til I get a book at Xmas. :thumleft:

Not that I'll have much time to read them - I'm planting rice in the garden next weekend.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

BR wrote:Not that I'll have much time to read them - I'm planting rice in the garden next weekend.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

Rooster wrote: and forecast is good for Friday night :cheers:
:pig: Oh look, there's a flying pig. :pig: And there's another one ...

:roll:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It's not all doom & gloom - here's a postcard from Ulster's latest holiday resort
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

I thought the weather in Edinburgh had been bad. I think it's rained here for 19 days in a row now. Makes me quite glad that I live on top of a hill.