Matt Williams will be out by Christmas

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightSupporter
Initiate

Re: Matt Williams will be out by Christmas

Post by WhiteKnightSupporter »

I for one am hoping that it is certainly not true - cause if it is, we will have no chance of Tommy wanting to come back from the Ospreys :duck: :stir:
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

It's very nearly Christmas and Matt's still here.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

AndyB wrote:It's very nearly Christmas and Matt's still here.
Not only that - but he's just been interviewed on BBC, says he's staying to the end of his contract and hopes to have it extended!

To misquote Dylan " he ain't goin' nowhere".

Just found the text of it:

Williams aims to stay the course

Matt Williams plans to stay the course with Ulster
Ulster coach Matt Williams has insisted that he does not plan to leave the province at the end of the season.

Rumours have persisted since Ulster's poor start to the season that the Australian-born coach would be heading back home.

However, Williams was extremely quick to knock down those rumours.

"I was astounded to hear the rumours. I have a great contract, and enjoying my coaching. In fact I'm enjoying coaching more now than at any time of my life."

Williams says he's here for the long term and could even stay longer than his present 30-month contract.

"I have a wonderfully-talented young team and we are on the way up. I don't know why some of these rumours circulate, but I'm certainly here to stay.

"I have a two and a half year contract and I'm only 12 months into it," stresses Williams, whose Ulster side has won four and drawn one of their last five outings.

"There is absolutely no substance to any of those rumours. It is one of those that have been doing the rounds a couple of times, but it has been put to bed a long time ago. It's one for the silly season.

"I came in with a good strong plan and we have moved things around and got the team going in the one direction.

"The team spirit is excellent at present with a lot of commitment from everyone involved.

"The fact that I do have a long commute every now and again is sometimes part to do with recruitment, and people may read the wrong way into that. But I am certainly committed to Ulster.

"There's a 36-month plan in place here, and we are structuring for the future and I want to be part of that, and even part of that further on," said Williams who has a few injury problems ahead of that Ravenhill date with Leinster.

"Ryan Caldwell has a very bad ankle, Simon Danielli tweaked his hamstring and BJ Botha received a bad bang on his knee while Carlo del Favo and Cillian Willis both underwent surgery last week and are definitely out."
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Another example of people reading this MB?

I certainly never read the rumour or heard it elsewhere.

Somehow however there is room for a lingering doubt in that the rumour started in September!
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Glad to hear he's going nowhere. What we need is stability and I think he's doing a good job.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rooster wrote:
McPepper wrote:should this rumour be in the silly speculation thread?
Possibly as it can't be true cos the dogs have not got involved :lol: :lol:
cables wrote:Another example of people reading this MB?

I certainly never read the rumour or heard it elsewhere.

Somehow however there is room for a lingering doubt in that the rumour started in September!
Dogs never heard it either cables :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I also watched the turkey march yesterday and there was no indication from those birdies either.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:I also watched the turkey march yesterday and there was no indication from those birdies either.
No point listening to those long necked eejits as they are well known to be totally stupid and no one would ever tell them anything important anyway, plus they don't normally live much past 20th December anyway :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Perhaps Carole Service has contributed.
Divine intervention at the carole service at Presbyterian Church on Monday at 7.30pm everyone!

forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8811&p=156053 ... le#p156053
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Sorry Tevez but I have stored that one for a while. :wink:

Read and learn wkotw!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

cables wrote:Sorry Tevez but I have stored that one for a while. :wink:

Read and learn wkotw!
:salut: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

At least we know he wasnt off recruiting top international stars, as they were all here while he was down under :stir:
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Cables: Don't know what wkotw means - but if its slagging me in anyway about my spelling of Carol(e) - I accept in good grace!! If it's something else please explain...I'm too thick to understand at first sight.

As for the rumour - I am pleased that I have been proved wrong - albeit that I heard it from someone close to MW (I wonder how accurate it was at summarising things at that particular time?) - and am even more pleased that Matt himself has refuted the claim.

Think back to a year ago - even the most loyal of supporters dreaded attending games - now we know that our team will at the very least be competitive and ...whisper it quietly...even entertain us... with tries scored by wingers. Changed days indeed....and I for one am delighted.

Perhaps my attendance and that of other supporters at that service did encorage some form of intervention!!
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Oh, by the way, UR are avid readers of this site.
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The 'slagging' about Ms Service was complete, over and done with, kaput etc.

wkotw = whiteknightoftheweld

Ouch - it will hurt HIM that someone did not know that. :wink: