Ireland Tickets hit 90 euros

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Ireland Tickets hit 90 euros

Post by againstthehead »

The remaining International Tickets for Ireland v France will be made available on a first come first served basis from 10am on Tuesday 27th January to any 08-09 Season Ticket Holder who is interested.

Tickets priced at 91 euros each (conversion to sterling will be made at Ulster Rugby's rate on the day of payment.) Payment should be made by credit/debit card or euro cheque/bankers draft (there will be a 3% surcharge if payment is made by credit card).
Please note, all tickets must be collected from Ravenhill as none will be posted.

Baaaa, too expensive - particuarly at the current exchange rate. In addition, ireland have been producing absolute dribble for the past 2 years! Fortunately, I managed to pick up a couple of ticketes in October a bit cheaper but i think next year I'll be heading to a few Ulster away games, rather than spending big money heading to Mexico.
:mexican:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland Tickets hit 90 euros

Post by for dog and ulcer »

againstthehead wrote:i think next year I'll be heading to a few Ulster away games, rather than spending big money heading to Mexico.
:mexican:
I watched the Ulster Harlequins match in Dublin in a 3 star hotel bar and had to pay 5.50 euro for a bottle of Beck's alcohol free. :shock: Insanely expensive down there!!That is another factor to add in to decisions as to whether to travel or not.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

I'll not be going at those prices. I've had a good few days out to matches with my son but at 90 euros each for a tickets plus lunch and petrol and there's 200 quid gone. Think I'll be at home watching it on the telly.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

AndyB wrote:I'll not be going at those prices. I've had a good few days out to matches with my son but at 90 euros each for a tickets plus lunch and petrol and there's 200 quid gone. Think I'll be at home watching it on the telly.
AndyB- your lunch would need to be a take away sandwich to get away with a total of 200 quid!! :D The hotel I was in charged 4.50 euro for 2 slices of toast on the bar menu.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
AndyB wrote:I'll not be going at those prices. I've had a good few days out to matches with my son but at 90 euros each for a tickets plus lunch and petrol and there's 200 quid gone. Think I'll be at home watching it on the telly.
AndyB- your lunch would need to be a take away sandwich to get away with a total of 200 quid!! :D The hotel I was in charged 4.50 euro for 2 slices of toast on the bar menu.
Consider their petrol is now dearer than ours...and you'll have to go hungry :D
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Well my ticket cost 70 pounds - brought some time ago at a better exchange rate - Good hotel walking distance of the ground - Twin room 28 pounds each (cheaper than the Train) so I don't see what the problem is :cheers:
Last edited by Ardglass2 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Euro saving tip - i find i can survive for most of a day in Dublin, Cork or wherever with a packet of Tescos value peanuts ( bout 30p) or if i fancy splashing out i go for Tescos own brand chilli flavoured peanuts (bout 90p) - they fill u up nicely but do have a tendency 2 make u thirsty tho so it helps to have some tinnies in my jacket or better still i do find u can get away in most places (even pubs) drinking white cider and lemon out of a large sports drinking container. Even with all that saving i aint paying 91 Euro to sit & Croke or Aviva.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

mmmm pay €91 to watch Ireland get beat by france in a quiet soulless concrete bowl. NAH, i'll watch it in front of the fire with a few mates and a carryout from tesco.

On a different note, the Souths economy seems to be disintegrating faster than ours, dunno how even the locals can afford to live!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

My ticket bought through rugby club was £75 for the England match. It'll be a dear day out, but its only a couple of times a year.

That said, i dont intend to go to any matches next 6N unless both the exchange rate and the level of entertainment improve. As said above, an Ulster away trip to France or Italy would be money better spent
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Ardglass2 wrote: Twin room 28 pounds each (cheaper than the Train) so I don't see what the problem is :cheers:
That Salvation Army does a great job!! :D :D :D :D :D
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
Ardglass2 wrote: Twin room 28 pounds each (cheaper than the Train) so I don't see what the problem is :cheers:
That Salvation Army does a great job!! :D :D :D :D :D

nope Regency Hotel just at the bottom of the motorway - perfect :thumleft:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:mmmm pay €91 to watch Ireland get beat by france in a quiet soulless concrete bowl. NAH, i'll watch it in front of the fire with a few mates and a carryout from tesco.

On a different note, the Souths economy seems to be disintegrating faster than ours, dunno how even the locals can afford to live!

Agreed Jackie it is too expensive for these tickets nowadays.I will happily watch from the comfort of my sofa.

Quite right on the economy as well.I wonder how long before this starts affecting attendences in all sports to the extent that greedy organisations will have to drop their prices.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
atee
Novice

Post by atee »

Im amazed (although I know I shouldn't be, this is typical) that the IRFU have the chin on them to charge such a high price in the current economic climate and even more so after the gash that was served up in November.

Maybe we ought to write letters like this one to the powers that be...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blog/editors_c ... rticle/119

:lol:
1 LOVE 1 ULSTER
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Why shouldn't they as deemand still exceeds supply
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

I went to the NZ game and the ticket was 80 euro, when combined with a night out in one of the most expensive cities in Europe it was a very expensive day. With sterling so weak, 90 euro tickets and the prices in Dublin I think I would give it a miss this time if offered a ticket.

From the IRFUs point of view though, if all they are trying to do is make money, then you charge as much as you can get away with. If tickets stop being sold then the prices will come down, till then I doubt it.