Post by cables »

I came across this on the UR website this morning:
TIER 2 & TIER 5 REQUIREMENTS FOR PROFESSIONAL
SPORTSPEOPLE BEING EMPLOYED BY A CLUB IN THE MAGNERS LEAGUE
SEASON 2008/09
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/downloads/IR ... _final.pdf

Full document is 6 pages - this is the first para:
A. BACKGROUND
This page explains the Tiers 2 and 5 (sport people) requirements for rugby union for the 2008/2009 season. These requirements were agreed following consultation with the UKBA (UK Border Agency) and the relevant stakeholders for rugby union in Northern Ireland. The category of Tier 2 (sports people) of the Points Based System is for elite sports people and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level in the UK and who intend to base themselves in the UK. Tier 5 (Sporting) is for sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level and/or whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development and organisation of their sport in the UK and will come to the UK for no more than 12 months at a time. The UKBA has recognised the IRFU Ulster Branch as the governing body in Northern Ireland for setting the endorsement requirements and issuing endorsements. The IRFU Ulster Branch has consulted and reached a consensus of all interested bodies in the sport in relation to finalising these requirements.
I find it :scratch: that the document is a single mouse click from the Homepage.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: Enough to start or stop a rumour?

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

I got bored reading even that. fair play for making your way through 6 pages and coming out on the other side!

what's it all mean?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cables wrote:I came across this on the UR website this morning:
Lucky you!!!

I share your :scratch: at the location of the document, but wouldn't read anything into it's existance or the fact that it is SOMEWHERE on the website. Indeed I would be surprised if it wasn't there, but just not that accessible or obvious.

I don't think there's any basis to start or scratch a rumour based on this.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
penfold
Novice

Post by penfold »

Will it have any implications for :afro: or is he looking to eventually qualify by residency?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

:lol: I see this evening the document is now 2 mouse clicks from the Homepage.

The intervening page states:
To download a copy of the Tier 2 and Tier 5 requirements for Professional Sportspeople being employed by a club participating in the Magners League please click here. There(sp) were agreed following consultation with the UK Borders Agency.
Still somewhat surprised that it is available on the website. As it is only applicable (see above) to Clubs in NI participating in the Magners League, it relates to Ulster only. (Ulster 9 NI 6 recognised but irrelevant in this context).

Further investigation, within UKBA, reveals considerable fairly recent changes in this subject area. A significant one is that the IRFU is written out and Ulster Branch written in as a 'Governing Body' for RU within the UK along with the RFU and WRU. No SRU? Perhaps because they no longer have Borders. :|

Strong possibility these changes have prompted the document being made available rather than anything relating to :afro: but I will not be reviewing all the changes made by UKBA to find out.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Would it apply to any coaches at AIL level ie what does "highest level" define
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Not according to the blurb BB.
Professional Sportspeople being employed by a club participating in the Magners League
That's what it says. But you never know.