Bel Tel Rugby Correspondent to be out by Christmas

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tevez
Initiate

Bel Tel Rugby Correspondent to be out by Christmas

Post by Tevez »

Just thought I'd start a rumour....

New BT guy starts job with "Jump or Pushed" Williams speculation, then pushes the "Richard Hill poised to be appointed" story, then exposes the "UR in disarray" story...

Now whilst I am all for big-balled journos, I suspect that he will find himself persona non grata down Ravenhill way, certainly MR will have hauled him across the coals this morning, and he is unlikely to be invited to any forthcoming UR press gatherings.

Whilst it may have been his dream job surely he should have known that with only one pro rugby club in town, if you don't do supine, you don't get access....and if you don't have access....you have to rely on messageboards for your info - reliable, or..... perish the thought, otherwise!

If he does lose his job there's always the Team PR job at UR....or maybe not!
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bel Tel Rugby Correspondent to be out by Christmas

Post by Big-al »

Its like something you'd read from the Sun
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

who knows he may be at the telly longer than MR is at UR...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Genius title for a thread :salut:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UR needs the BT more than the BT needs UR!

Good start from him IMHO. Shouts, "Tell me what's going on, or I will fill the void with speculation and reports from other sources !"
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

2 days to go ...
darkside lightside wrote:who knows he may be at the telly longer than MR is at UR...
Good call.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

wow! I'd forgotten that - I suppose it just goes to show how insightful and brilliant I am

:D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
He has yet to score this term, but that doesn’t worry him unduly
One could gloss over the first bit as a mistake. The second bit ("that doesn’t worry him unduly") however is a wee bit more worrying. Does Ian not even remember scoring? :scratch:

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

I read the spread earlier in the tele and noticed something but cant get a quote of the web.

He said something along the lines of, "McLaugh, being a flanker as a player, will look to play a conservative game, while the biaritz coach, who was a centre as a player, will try play an attacking game"

Has he ever seen biaritz play? 9 man rugby, yet he seems to think they will set the world alight.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

King Ding wrote:I read the spread earlier in the tele and noticed something but cant get a quote of the web.

He said something along the lines of, "McLaugh, being a flanker as a player, will look to play a conservative game, while the biaritz coach, who was a centre as a player, will try play an attacking game"
Close enough KD.

"McLaughlin, who was a flanker, is the more cautious of the two. Rodriguez, who was a centre, would be inclined towards attack."

The 9 man rugby quote was in another article by the same journo and was attributed to Wannenburg.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:
Red Hand Hero wrote:
He has yet to score this term, but that doesn’t worry him unduly
One could gloss over the first bit as a mistake. The second bit ("that doesn’t worry him unduly") however is a wee bit more worrying. Does Ian not even remember scoring? :scratch:

Dealing with two characters of dubious memory , Dizzy and Crozier, so it is anyones guess if Dizzy forgot or Crozier just made another mistake :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

King Ding wrote: He said something along the lines of, "McLaugh, being a flanker as a player, will look to play a conservative game, while the biaritz coach, who was a centre as a player, will try play an attacking game"
So EOS was a small insignificant wee winger and never trusted his players & also worked with G Hook esq, a prop, for USA.

So where is this going? What was their style? Talking complete and utter ballix just like the man responsible for the quote about tomorrows coaches.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.