WASPS V CLERMONT AUVERGNE

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

WASPS V CLERMONT AUVERGNE

Post by Shan »

Very exciting second half.I thought Clermont were going to win it but Wasps held on.Munster will need to get a bonus point win tomorrow and stop Clermont from getting one in Round 5 while trying to get one themselves.What a great group with possibly 2 from 3 going through(one being Munster obviously)
pingus
Novice

Post by pingus »

Absolutely brilliant game of rugby. It had the lot, including a bloke in the crowd hitting one of the French forwards with his programme during a touchline punch-up.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

pingus wrote:Absolutely brilliant game of rugby. It had the lot, including a bloke in the crowd hitting one of the French forwards with his programme during a touchline punch-up.
And did the french forward feel the need to climb into the crowd and punch him????

..... I thought not :twisted: :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

pingus wrote:Absolutely brilliant game of rugby. It had the lot, including a bloke in the crowd hitting one of the French forwards with his programme during a touchline punch-up.
Obviously one of those "so-called" Ulster fans who just happened to be passing.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Don't like to go raking over old ground, but seeing as Niall Woods brought it up............

"This episode was similar to the Brennan incident last year.........".

So this numpty (Black) leans over the hoarding and clips a player with a rolled up programme (once) = player leaping several rows back into the stands and landing repeated punches on a fan whilst holding him down.

hhhhhmmmmm forgive me Niall but I don't think that equation balances out.

Black apparently is banned from ERC and GP and England games for the season but keeps his RFU job.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Freddie, Niall Woods is a clown and everything he says must be taken with a pinch of salt.I can't stand him and really hate when he is commentating.He is one of those types who changes his pronunciation of names depending on which channel he is on.As to this particular incident it's much ado about nothing in a way.I'd agree there has to be some kind of action taken against the spectator just to show it's unacceptable but the way the commentator on sky was going on you'd think he had head-butted or kicked one of the players.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

I just saw the highlights but was a hell of a game, those finishes by rougerie and delasau were pure class.. as was the fight :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

agree shan on the 'dustup' and DL on the game - looked like a stormer from the highlights.

Wasps have got to be kicking themselves - lost 2 points to CA on the BPs in those 2 games.

Munster have to beat Wasps at home (a given) but presuming CA beat Scarlets at Stradey, will need to get something in France - at least 1 if not 2 BPs, better still a win.
pingus
Novice

Post by pingus »

Been a compelling group to watch thus far but has again highlighted the farcical nature of the seedings. Clermont and Wasps are the 2 most complete sides Ive seen so far and theres a decent chance neither will qualify. If Munster can sneak through and then avoid Toulouse they must fancy their chances of going all the way.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

yeah
whoever wins this group has a good chance of getting an away qf as well
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pingus wrote:Been a compelling group to watch thus far but has again highlighted the farcical nature of the seedings. Clermont and Wasps are the 2 most complete sides Ive seen so far and theres a decent chance neither will qualify. If Munster can sneak through and then avoid Toulouse they must fancy their chances of going all the way.
Agreed.It is a shame that all three of these sides won't be in the quarter finals.It may be a bit of bias on my part but I have been impressed with Munster so far despite a slightly lacklustre display on Sunday.I had tipped them at the start not to get out of the group.They still may not of course.Anyway the problem will be that there are going to be teams who are not as strong as these three in the quarters which as you say questions the way the seedings were drawn up.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

England captain Phil Vickery has been suspended until 25 December after pleading guilty to trampling on Clermont Auvergne lock Thibault Privat.
The Wasps prop was cited for the incident on 8 December and handed a two-week ban on Wednesday.

The suspension was back-dated to 12 December when Wasps opted to omit Vickery for Saturday's Heineken Cup return tie against Clermont Auvergne.

He will now miss this Saturday's Guinness Premiership trip to Bristol.

Vickery will be clear to play in Wasps' home league game against Bath on 29 December.

606: DEBATE
Your reaction to Vickery's citing

Vickery, who has only played twice for Wasps since returning from the World Cup, was banned for two games during the tournament for tripping USA centre Paul Emerick.

He missed two pool matches before returning to lead England to the final where they lost to South Africa.

Wasps also opted not to select Rob Hoadley for Saturday's match.

The centre was sent off for punching during an A team game against London Irish.
Freshwater cited for his cuffing of Roche during Perpignan LI match. Nasty injury to eye socket sustained which does not require surgery apparently.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

now this
England and Perpignan prop Perry Freshwater has been suspended for four weeks after pleading guilty to striking London Irish forward Kieran Roche.
The Exiles blind-side was left with a broken cheekbone after he was struck by Freshwater in last weekend's Heineken Cup clash in France.

Freshwater will miss one Heineken Cup match, against eliminated Treviso, and two French championship games.

The New Zealand-born player will be available to play again on 16 January.

Perpignan were 23-6 victors over London Irish in their Pool One clash and the ban ends three days before their final Heineken Cup Pool One game with Newport Gwent Dragons.

Roche will be out for at least four weeks following the horrific eye injury he suffered on Saturday.