Munster v Ulster - live updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster - live updates

Post by fermain »

That was a brilliant hit bu Dewey on Howlett btw. If he continues like this he should see more gametime, and regular starts...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Can't agree, Joyful; I think Munster have treated Ulster to a masterclass in rugby tonight. When you compare this Ulster performance to those, for example, against Llanelli and Dragons away earlier in the season, then you should see the vast improvement in the Ulster performance. Munster must be looking good for the HC now; if it doesn't go to Munster or Ospreys, I'll be surprised.
joyfulrodger
Novice

Post by joyfulrodger »

i appreciate what your saying but going down 42 - 6 to any team is not what any fan wants to see from their team, and the reality is, while there have been good points the defense has been really shocking at times, not to mention the fact that we probably left 2 or 3 tries on the pitch. Not good. I still have every faith that we can push on.

Hey perhaps this is just what we need right now. Cant believe im saying that. i hate getting beat.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Ulster almost score in the dying minutes but munster tackle well, and save their lines. They kick to touch and Munster have the lineout. they play the ball (after the 80mins are up) and look dangerous again. The ball goes loose and Ulster win a turnover. Ulster scrum. Trimble caught in mod-field, Munster win a scrum. A run down the wing and Howlett tackled into touch.

Game over. it was all Munster the 2nd half. Munster played well, they have experience and are worthy european champions. They used their bench intelligently, and Ulster couldnt answer them in terms of breaking through the gain line... ho hum. There were flashes of brilliance, and definatley things to work on, although how long have we been saying that. At least we're still above Connaught.

Final score :whistle:

Munster 42 ulster 6
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Disappointing final score, I think. Harsh on the Ulster performance, at least in the first half. We certainly didn't have any answers in the second half. I think there's been a lot of positive performances from Ulster tonight. Not least from O'Connor and Marshall. Pollock had a great game as well. Good luck to Munster in the Heineken. This was a more convincing performance than Ulster have faced in either the Ospreys or Gloucester in the ERC.
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

fermain wrote:ulster show they have lots to improve on to get back to european standard
We've not been European standard in 10 years. We're no longer Magners standard and that's shocking in itself.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I must say I was pretty happy with that.Munster performed pretty well but it must be said some of the Ulster defending was not brilliant.Munster also were rather gifted a lot of ball through a poor Ulster lineout.Great to see Howlett getting his try as well.From a future Ulster/Ireland perspective it was good to see Niall O'Connor showing up well.He looks to be quite calm and assured and can only improve further with more gametime exposure at this level.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

A really disappointing scoreline, and we let it run away from us, but I can't help but see some positives. Some of our younger guys played really well. We weren't a total disaster. And there's just a much better, positive feeling about the place these last few weeks. This season may have been a disaster, but at least we can start to look up in the last few weeks of it, and then there's next season to look forward to.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

The scoreline is painful alright, but if your going to defend the fringes like that and have a non functioning line-out against teams like Munster, that's what you can expect.

Our boys are just as skillful, but Munster have a belief and a doggedness that carries them when they are under pressure,we need to find some of that.

.............and another thing, i can't abide Rolland reffing us.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I wasn't that downhearted about the result as big areas of deficiency (as browner says... lineout and fringe defence) can be worked on and indeed, were ok in the previous 2 games.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

browner wrote: .............and another thing, i can't abide Rolland reffing us.
Was Rolland really that bad :wink:
I thought most things he picked Ulster up on were fair enough, the problem was that he appeared to just let most things go for the other team!
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I thought most things he picked Ulster up on were fair enough, the problem was that he appeared to just let most things go for the other team!

.............and i thought it was just me Sam. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Shafted wrote:having Harrison about should be a huge help in that area, obviously not!
He is carrying an injury sustained in the prematch warm up.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
colinh wrote:
Shafted wrote:having Harrison about should be a huge help in that area, obviously not!
He is carrying an injury sustained in the prematch warm up.
Why did McCullough not slot into the 'row then?
Better send that one into Matt Williams. Although I suspect it may be something to do with the lack of 2nd row replacements and the match plan.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

And because Matt is now a back row player, not a lock.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.