NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by Rooster »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Given the respective resume's of John and Sean, especially John's experience and success with a professional sporting body (the giants) the third man in question would need to have something very strong going for him if he's not simply to be yet another jobs for the boys appointment.
Couldn't have put that better myself, must be one heck of a candidate to get the job on merit over those pair, only thing I can think off is they were far too radicle and forward thinking for the safety first suits.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Finally!! Thanks rooster.

Agree completely with what rhh, tok and rooster say - I don't know anything about either of those guys, but on the face of it exactly the kind of experienced, commercial guy we should be looking.

I've been talking ever since the end of last season about how I think this is a make or break year for ulster - well this might be the make or break week, and decision. If UR consider those guys, and opt for an insider thir man whose business experience doesn't match up, that is a massively retrograde step. The simple truth is this - without pointng fingers, the way things have been done at ulster hasn't delivered - simple as that. The place has been run as an old boys club, and that has failed the club, the players and the supporters. Appointng a 'third man' in front of two seemingly able 'change' candidates signals that they either don't realise that, or don't care - either way a desperately retrograde step.

They may be tempte to think that the mcl decision shows that 'keeping it in the family' pays off - this is a different game entirely, and in any event lets judge that at the end of the season. Appointing an insider, even someone who is popular and seems switched on - I'm thinking for example of humphreys, who to my outsiders eye seems to have done a bit of manouevring over the last 18 months or so - is a bad call, and will not cut it.

The situation for me is simple - we have a chance to fix something that's broken - doing what we have always done will condemn us to continue to fail. We all suffer from the outcomes of bad management of this club, and a perverse old boys decision would be a slap to the face of players, coaches and supporters alike.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Ok on Howard Wells I got that wrong ,only posted because two blazers and HW were seen at Deanes in Belfast about four weeks ago and so i put two and two together. I had a look at John E and would be very good for us, experience with Giants and previously Pareto Marketing, etc and recently with Clements Coffee that he sat up and has ran very successfully. John also has a good rugby background thus knows what makes the pulse rise regarding grassroots issues. Regarding Sean M, fantasic background in European and Irish commercial business and seems to have the finger on the pulse at Government level (Look at http://www.Linkedin.com), also I hear he is a close 'friend' of the real bigwigs in Sport NI so much so that he would spend a lot of time in Sport House on consultancy matters and also at the highest levels in Northern Ireland Civil Service (I know he work with Sir John Semple and has a connection to Bruce Robinson through his involvement with NI-CO). His background is soccer and i hear he may have played at youth & U21 level for NI but i need that confirmed.

The third man, well i hear he may be from Ballymena, but its being kept a real secret, this is the one I hear got the job. As you all have said to bet these two my goodness he would have to be something very very special.....
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

....or better connected.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ulsterfan09 wrote:Ok on Howard Wells I got that wrong ,only posted because two blazers and HW were seen at Deanes in Belfast about four weeks ago and so i put two and two together. I had a look at John E and would be very good for us, experience with Giants and previously Pareto Marketing, etc and recently with Clements Coffee that he sat up and has ran very successfully. John also has a good rugby background thus knows what makes the pulse rise regarding grassroots issues. Regarding Sean M, fantasic background in European and Irish commercial business and seems to have the finger on the pulse at Government level (Look at http://www.Linkedin.com), also I hear he is a close 'friend' of the real bigwigs in Sport NI so much so that he would spend a lot of time in Sport House on consultancy matters and also at the highest levels in Northern Ireland Civil Service (I know he work with Sir John Semple and has a connection to Bruce Robinson through his involvement with NI-CO). His background is soccer and i hear he may have played at youth & U21 level for NI but i need that confirmed.

The third man, well i hear he may be from Ballymena, but its being kept a real secret, this is the one I hear got the job. As you all have said to bet these two my goodness he would have to be something very very special.....
My remark on your post was more in hope than anything else ulsterfan09 :( Sean M's background and knowledge seems second to none and he looked to be in it for the challenge as much as the money as his cv would not suggest he is a man that would have problems getting a job even in todays economic climate.
ulsterfan09 wrote:The third man, well i hear he may be from Ballymena, but its being kept a real secret, this is the one I hear got the job. As you all have said to bet these two my goodness he would have to be something very very special.....
Sir Alan Sugar hasn't moved to Ballymena lately has he :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

ulsterfan09 wrote:
Who is this masked man? Henry, the mild mannered janitor?? Rosemary the telephonist?? Sarge??

Seriously - i might be starting to see conspiracy theories everywhere these days...but why is it such a closely guarded secret? Would it possibly be, that the Blazers don't want the fact that another job-for-the-boys-episode is in the offing? Our two "change" candidates as they have been labelled elsewhere - appear to be common knowledge...and have been for some time...but the "Third Man" is still un-confirmed. Was he on the grassy knoll? Did he fake the moon-landing? Or does his face just happen to fit?
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Its just depressing Rooster, either of these two chaps would take us to where we need to go. My fear and its really around the closely guarded secret of the UB is that this third man is the one who the feel is right, but right for them and will prevent any serious skelatons from springing from the closet.

Sean M looking at his cv on linkedin is someone who would i feel take us to a new level , but is the elephant in the room to big to grasp for some. John E has that experience with the Giants and knows how to get the families involved etc, but Ravenhill is not the Odyssey.

The thirdman well we await with fear? hope?,......
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Been thinking again :scratch: dangerous I know but then it's the rumour thread :lol:
Ballymena man plus rugby = Millar :?
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Too old - Rab Irwin perhaps? :stir:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Broughshane?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Why does everyone seem to assume that just because we don't know the 3rd name that he must be being kept a secret by the Branch and less suitable than the other two?

Why assume that because we have what seems to be two good candidates, we can't have a third good (or better) candidate?

Okay, past experience tells us to suspect it, but let's hope for better :banghead:

What am I saying? :oops:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Perhaps it is still one of the 2 and there never was a third man :?
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Perhaps it is still one of the 2 and there never was a third man :?
Of course there's a third man ...... he would be called "THIRD" man if there were only two. The clue's in the name! :wink:
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:Perhaps it is still one of the 2 and there never was a third man :?
Of course there's a third man ...... he would be called "THIRD" man if there were only two. The clue's in the name! :wink:
There might have been a forth as well though :shock:
Then there is always the problem that first choice may then turn down job as he takes cold feet, not happy with terms, saw the attendance figures from last night :shock: etc
Where is that man Crozier with his newspaper then we could knock one out for sure :lol:
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Then there is always the problem that first choice may then turn down job as he takes cold feet, not happy with terms, saw the attendance figures from last night :shock: etc
If that happens will it be the outgoing CEO's fault for mis-marketing the fixture, the Branch's fault (ya can't blame the ex-CEO when he's no longer in post), or the fan's fault for not turning out to support the team?
I'm not arguing -