NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:Perhaps it is still one of the 2 and there never was a third man :?
Of course there's a third man ...... he would be called "THIRD" man if there were only two. The clue's in the name! :wink:
Is there a Harry Lime in the Ballymena area?

:shock:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Harry Ville
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Snipe Watson wrote:Harry Ville
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Why does everyone seem to assume that just because we don't know the 3rd name that he must be being kept a secret by the Branch and less suitable than the other two?

Why assume that because we have what seems to be two good candidates, we can't have a third good (or better) candidate?

Okay, past experience tells us to suspect it, but let's hope for better :banghead:

What am I saying? :oops:
Probably the healthy option then Grumpy. :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Google is a wonderful invention for searching for possible candidates try a search on "ulster rugby management ceo " thought stupidly that some paper might have hazarded a guess :roll:
4 names appear :)
1. Mike Reid : he has left/leaving the building

2.Mark Finlay :Current

* Trustee/Director at The Presidents' Club
* Director at Midtown Center
* Non-Executive Director at South Belfast Partnership Board Ltd

* Non-Executive Director at Habitat for Humanity Northern Ireland
* Non-Executive Director at Brunston Castle Golf Club DMH Leisure Ltd.
* Commercial Committee at Ulster Rugby
* Director at Ireland-US Council
* CEO at Barnabas Ventures

Past

* Chairman at Inner South Belfast Neighbourhood Partnership Board
* Super Special Coordinator at WRC Rally Ireland
* Commissioner at Belfast Harbour / The Port of Belfast

Education

* University of Ulster
* Methodist College Belfast

3: Hugh McCaughey
Chief Executive for the Belfast
Health and Social Care Trust, has been a Board Member of Sport
Northern Ireland since 2003. Board of Sports
Institute Northern Ireland, an Executive Committee member
of Ulster Rugby, and Manager of Irish 7s Rugby side, Hugh has
an impressive background in sporting activity. He played rugby
for Ulster, Dungannon, Queen’s University and Ards; captained
Dungannon Rugby Club for two seasons and was Coach for the
Ulster U18s and U21s for six years

4: Sir Nigel Hamilton well he was on the interview panel so he couldn't pick himself, or could he :shock:

Any of them got Ballymena connections :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Rooster

You may be on to something regarding Mark Finley! At the game last night a number of Munster people spoke about Mark Finley. I dont know the chap but looks like he a blazer with a small B. The CV is all over the place, lots and lots of jobs, not really with any prominant or leading business. He has lots of non executive roles which are not executive roles just roles that one is involved in on a part-time basis. It looks like to me he is really a commercial estate agent if I read it right.

Hugh would be ideal, but there is no way a man of his presence and respect in the DHSSPS would ever consider coming into the UB on a full time capacity, also doesnt have the commercial experience they say we need.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Mark Finlay, in common with other 'connected' people, probably dines occasionally in the impressive Harbour Commissioners Building. :wink: Indeed it is even possible he also missed a recent Home game due to such an engagement.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:Mark Finlay, in common with other 'connected' people, probably dines occasionally in the impressive Harbour Commissioners Building. :wink: Indeed it is even possible he also missed a recent Home game due to such an engagement.
Thought you might have found a few more cables, I'm only an amateur with Google, or will we have to wait and see what whiteknitythingy comes up with on Bing tomorrow :lol:
ulsterfan09 wrote:Rooster

You may be on to something regarding Mark Finley! At the game last night a number of Munster people spoke about Mark Finley. I dont know the chap but looks like he a blazer with a small B. The CV is all over the place, lots and lots of jobs, not really with any prominant or leading business. He has lots of non executive roles which are not executive roles just roles that one is involved in on a part-time basis. It looks like to me he is really a commercial estate agent if I read it right.

Hugh would be ideal, but there is no way a man of his presence and respect in the DHSSPS would ever consider coming into the UB on a full time capacity, also doesnt have the commercial experience they say we need.
My thoughts as well ulsterfan09, he has one good thing in common though, was involved in the WRC thing at Stormont which turned into a financial fiasco if I remember correctly, tv didn't work for main competitors :lol: Think I would quietly forget about that on my cv if I was involved :oops:

As for Hugh, for someone that has shot up through the ranks like he has so far I think while he is smart enough for the job he would be feckin nuts to chuck that career and all that goes with it for a short term CEO job with Ulster.

Anyway just a daft Google search and all probably horlix anyway :lol:
Rory Best
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Just In

Had a conversation earlier this afternoon and I believe the man is very well connected to Sid M. This person i understand sold his business for a substantial 7 figure sum and is looking for something to do. UR i believe fits the bill. The name is being kept a secret as they want to make sure he is in for the long run.

Strange if true!!! if one ran their own business, were always in control to make their decisions and had the flexibility to do what they needed, why would one join the UB with the committees, boards etc and IRFU breathing down your neck. This possibly seems to be a face that can keep D4 at bay, add credibility and confidence for the Blazers to feel comfortable that one of their own is in the hot seat.

Will know more tomorrow when I get into work at BT6
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ulsterfan09 wrote:The name is being kept a secret as they want to make sure he is in for the long run.
:scratch: So we going to get a new CEO that will go to work each day with thick brown paper bag on head, this will be fun :lol:
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

ulsterfan09 wrote:I am hearing on very good authority that the front runner...wait for it,,,,,,is HOWARD WELLS, yes i know that madman who ran the IFA but this is what is being discussed at the highest level. Watch this space
Well we waited until we heard from you again.
ulsterfan09 wrote:Ok on Howard Wells I got that wrong ,only posted because two blazers and HW were seen at Deanes in Belfast about four weeks ago and so i put two and two together.
:roll:
ulsterfan09 wrote:Just In

Had a conversation earlier this afternoon and I believe the man is very well connected to Sid M. This person i understand sold his business for a substantial 7 figure sum and is looking for something to do. UR i believe fits the bill. The name is being kept a secret as they want to make sure he is in for the long run.

Will know more tomorrow when I get into work at BT6
Up to now you are a single issue poster. I strongly suspect that you registered with the intent to be a single issue poster but that you are probably also registered here under a different name(s). Why would you bother?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

He knows you like a wee SIP now and again :lol: :drunken:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

I may have another profile and created this one to keep my identity safe. You never know, all I care about is the future of our game, I apprecaite I may be very close to the inside and thus need to keep my distance.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

ulsterfan09 wrote:I may have another profile and created this one to keep my identity safe. You never know, all I care about is the future of our game, I apprecaite I may be very close to the inside and thus need to keep my distance.
WTF??? Catch yourself on, would you.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I may be very close to the inside
Expecting a visit from a Constable soon then?