Escape route from Croker?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

brianc
Warrior Assassin

Re: Escape route from Croker?

Post by brianc »

Or you could boycott the match on the grounds that most of the money goes to a sectarian organisation whose aims are the promotion a 32 county state & who discriminate against members of the security forces :lol: :lol: :lol:

(and then give your tickets to me as I cant afford them but know Dublin well enough to get parked for free)
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Dublin 4 - just put my comments down to local knowledge - albeit a while ago - after a year out at Rathmines (Trinity Hall) i then spent a year in the somewhat different atmosphere of a flat in Upper Gardiner Street back in the 70's (on cold nites the toilet froze - i kid ye not) and cycling back to the flat at night was fun albeit Lower Gardiner Street was even dodgier - stuff being thrown down on to passing Gardai cars etc etc . Luckily us impoverished lookin students on bicycles got largely ignored. I accept u wud hardly recognise the place these days - but i still wouldnt park in the area - maybe i got to know too many Dublin 4 folk. I stick to relatively crime free suburban Dalkey & the Dart these days. Will be in the Queens on saturday. C u ?

ps toll tunnel great at weekend - but a bit pricey during rush hour mon - fri !!
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Hwood,

lots of changes since the 1970s in that part of town which was a no go area then. Gardiner Street was about as bad as it could get then - don't know how you could live there. It has improved massively along with the surrounding areas especially closer to the new yuppie developments on the north quays.

Queens in Dalkey way too far out for me, in every sense, so I won't see you there.

My central point that northern traffic is not factoring in the Tunnel still stands. €3 at the weekend sure beats crawling through the northern suburbs. When the Aviva stadium opens next year (visible from my perch here in D4) it will be quite simply a no brainer for nordies.