Turnips V Ulster B: Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Shem
Novice

Re: Turnips V Ulster B: Live

Post by Shem »

Cracker wrote:Threw it away by stupidity against a poor Munster side assisted by another very poor and may I say totally inconsistent and may I venture to say a somewhat biased ref. Nothing to lift the spirits here. I venture to say that with our full team we would have won this game fairly easily.
I think the ref was poor Cracker but even if BmcL was reffing it, we would have lost. Just way way too many errors!
Munster deserve no credit, we threw it away, they should hardly be patting themselves on the back!
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cooder saying now Buckley should have been penalised against Young for dropping bind continually
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

McGlocks being interviewed now.

This'll be another 3 minutes of bull$hit
Follow me on Twitter
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

29xThePain wrote:McGlocks being interviewed now.

This'll be another 3 minutes of bull$hit
Yep you were right lol
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shem
Novice

Post by Shem »

Think McGlock is a graduate of the EOS school of tv interviews!
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Live at the Apollo now on BBC1, might cheer some of us up...
Follow me on Twitter
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Shem wrote:Think McGlock is a graduate of the EOS school of tv interviews!
He did work under EOS for Ireland as skills coach. Lack of skills shown tonight anyway.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Mcglock: "we can't fault anybody after that performance"

:duh: :duh:

Thats just insulting
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
Re. Buckley he was breaking his bind FIRST to then smash Young and then Court's arm but this was apparently ok according to Dud Phillips. :scratch:
That was what I thought as well, was happy when Cooder thought same problem, thsat could well have turned match other way, then again we would probably have fecked it up
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

And now I have to write a fecking match report on this gumph!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

There's worse than Lenny Henry! Tommy Tiernan is on it though

Good luck Sham.
Follow me on Twitter
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Scoreline really flattered the Turnips though if you look at the whole match, match could quite easily have gone the other way with a couple of bits of luck in the first 20 mins when we butchered a couple of trys, could have left us 21 v 3 up at one stage then turnips would really have been chasing it and lost the plot, instead we lost the plot near the end when Marshall started taking quick taps when there was nothing on yet was time to go for position.
Rory Best
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Our Ravens team really scared the crap out of Munster for a long period of the match,just stop and compare the two teams experience and international caps,it was always going to be a one sided affair,they were probably short of 3 or 4 players from the first team and we were probably short of 10 or so.A lot of the bulk of the team hav'nt played for ages,that may be the coaches fault but we should let up a bit on the players.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

I hate to be overly critical of Paul Marshall given he was one of our best on the night HOWEVER he is a mindless Ashton.

When he did his impression of a drunken juggler we were miles from anywhere, Dudley feckin' Do-right had shown no inclination to give anyone a cheap 10 metres all night & above all we were in theory still in with a chance of rescuing a bonus. The situation cried out for a touch find and start again - not reckless stupidity. It wasn't as if there was anything approaching a gap available.

Never doubt why Ruan Piennar is our no1 no 9, he knows what to do & when to do it. Lets hope we are not in free fall after a week of humiliation.

I don't normally post "I told you so" but this, despite what some have posted, was a stupid selection. If you want to rotate you don't do it in 5,6,7, or even a dozen & if you make major changes FFS at least take a competitive bench with you.

Munster are a marvellous team for getting results irrespective of performance. Had they not taken 5 points of this Ulster selection they would have been deeply depressed.

Could I please ask people not to post about a good 1st half & implosion in the second because thats not what happened. We were in front at half-time because Munster were shocking and despite our vast error count they were just pish - worse than Bath by a large margin. They just had to turn up in the 2nd half and had huge strength on the bench by comparison.

Did we get away with one in bringing Deccie Fitz back ?

Finally, and with some sadness - is that Jerry Flannery's career over ?

Finally finally - Dudley Phillips is the 2 ends of a word rhyming with front & the same number of letters as bunt. My prediction at half time was sadly true but he appeared for a full 30 minutes at the start of the second period to ref one team only. I hope he has a very serious accident on the way home the fecker. Either that or he chokes on his whistle whilst practicing for his next Ulster game. Does anyone recall is he the Ashton who reffed a pre-season game a year or 2 back & was so appalling that only one player from the 30 at the end shook his hand? bar steward, Warren Gatland

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

To sum up AMATEURISH...Lineout a complete shambles but at least Andi K got 56 seconds at the end to rectify it, Ryan Caldwell made up for all the penalties tonight that he would have commited if he had been playing the last 6 games, thought Jackson had a good game when he came on ( no wait a minute he didn't get on ) Danielli, was he even playing. Neil McComb was so far of the pace that he was playing in Galway even with his 10 minute rest. As for Jamie Smith you could tell it was his first game in a while...

Thought Luke Marshall played well though he maybe should have gave the ball out with 3 men outside of him but at least he gave it a go, TJ played well considering it too was his first game in a while but he faded badly at the end, though his hand of on Stringer for his try was classic. Paul Marshall good understudy but no Pienaar. A lack of leadership and cool heads gifted Munster a comfortable win in the end + a bonus point that they didn't deserve. Biggest disappointment of the night was BMcL saying that pride had been restored, the man's an idiot :duh: :duh:

Also thought EOS was excellent in his post match assessment especially about Buckley slipping his bind......maybe he does know a thing about rugby afterall :cheers:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.