Amlin at least

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Amlin at least

Post by ruckover »

Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:Plenty of time to debate potential home QF venues AFTER we have got there. There's a small matter to be dealt with before then (ie next saturday afternoon) however....
I already tried to say that Bart but no one listened :roll:
Because we know we're going to win guys :roll: have a bit of faith and belief, will ya?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:Plenty of time to debate potential home QF venues AFTER we have got there. There's a small matter to be dealt with before then (ie next saturday afternoon) however....
Who in their right mind would listen to a talking chicken? :roll:

Or, before someone corrects me, a talking male chicken
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Teams don't nominate SF venues; it is an ERC decision.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Rooster wrote:
Damn - popped out for 5 mins to get a pint of milk and it seems we're also now wondering where we can play our semi final!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Damn - popped out for 5 mins to get a pint of milk and it seems we're also now wondering where we can play our semi final!
Anyone booked for Twickers yet? :lol:

(I'll bet there's at least one smartass out there who has)
I'm not arguing -
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Red Hand Hero wrote:To bring things back to earth a little is it a random draw for the Amlin or is it 'seeded' as well? As in do the best 2nd place finisher play the worst of the four Amlin group winners etc?
Pretty sure it is, or was last year anyway, but I'm sure one of the gurus will confirm as I haven't read the rules this time around when replying!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Red Hand Hero wrote:To bring things back to earth a little is it a random draw for the Amlin or is it 'seeded' as well? As in do the best 2nd place finisher play the worst of the four Amlin group winners etc?
I think so. Certainly, the teams dropping from the Heiny are away in the Amlin QFs.

I think it's best group winner v worst heiny drop-out;
2nd best group winner v 2nd worst Heiny drop out
....... v .......
4th best group winner v 5th best group winner.
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:[Anyone booked for Twickers yet? :lol:

(I'll bet there's at least one smartass out there who has)

Yes....and stuck my deckchair in front of the City Hall to get a prime view of the victory parade.... :D
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Amlin at least

Post by mikerob »

ACC QF draw is:

1st ranked ACC vs 5th ranked ACC
2nd ranked ACC vs 3rd ranked HEC drop-out
3rd ranked ACC vs 2nd ranked HEC drop-out
4th ranked ACC vs 1st ranked HEC drop-out
ferrisisgod
Novice

Post by ferrisisgod »

Did some predictions in the amlin for next weekend and if we dont qualify (which we will of course :thumright: ) then we are most likely away to wasps.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well that is a comfort, I'm sure you have it spot on. :wink:

No back to the HC, Cardiff are a cert for 5pts. If those Paris Clowns couldn't beat the appalling Embra side at home they are hardly going to bother in Wales, youth XV I suspect.

Plastic Paddys you would imagine may have a little more guts at Embra but I wouldn't put the house on it. As for Connacht forget it 15 straight defeats looming and suddenly Micky Bradley looking a genius @ Embra.

Every year some team tend to go through due to surrender monkeys & not necessarily French ones - remember H'Quins 2 years ago? - so it may well be our turn to be the ones with righteous indignation for breakfast.

All is not lost however, good ERC ranking points for winning the Amlin which would probably be enough to get a 2nd seeding next year in the HC.

My guestimate is win in France or its the Amlin - tough call but we have already exceeded my expectations by being no worse than 2nd in this group. :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Just booked for Twickenham, got an executive box in prime position to see Pienaar kick the winning penalty :thumleft:

But yes as we have all said, finishing 2nd is an overachievement. Both Clermont and Leicester are quality opposition and so far, we've tamed the Tigers and deserved 2nd place. Now we just have to see if we deserve first.

Heading away to Wasps, however, wouldn't be the end of the world. We could easily win there.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

The semi final draw is next week for venue's, if you remember last year we had our away qtr at MK with the knowledge that if we won we had the home semi draw, and there was some talk of Casement park by some on this board?

Getting back to the thread my heart says HEC but my head is taking me in the same direction of baggy.
Our best chance comes with a Westies team taking Quinns at home, but with the injury list and (14?) straight loses and low confidence can you really see that...
But then i'm getting myself confused....read on!

Maybe we match last Fridays performance or lift it, if so well you never know? The Aironi defence was useless and they gave up after the bonus point try, and if you watched the Toulon game last week they would have had the ASM home record gone then except for the ref? Plus it was not anywhere near the standard of Friday!

A combination of over confidence by ASM after a big win this week harnessed with fast aggressive heads up rugby by us, we get our nose infront by half time and the panic button is firmly hit by ASM, well might have that prayer mat out and I still live in hope! :red: :red: :red:

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

SparkyClarky wrote:The semi final draw is next week for venue's after the round 6 I believe, if you remember last year we had our away qtr at MK with the knowledge that if we won we had the home semi draw, and there was some talk of Casement park by some on this board?

Getting back to the thread my heart says HEC but my head is taking me in the same direction of baggy.
Our best chance comes with a Westies team taking Quinns at home, but with the injury list and (14?) straight loses and low confidence can you really see that...
But then i'm getting myself confused....read on!

Maybe we match last Fridays performance or lift it, if so well you never know? The Aironi defence was useless and they gave up after the bonus point try, and if you watched the Toulon game last week they would have had the ASM home record gone then except for the ref? Plus it was not anywhere near the standard of Friday!

A combination of over confidence by ASM after a big win this week harnessed with fast aggressive heads up rugby by us, we get our nose infront by half time and the panic button is firmly hit by ASM, well might have that prayer mat out and I still live in hope! :red: :red: :red:

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

A Win in Clermont is not beyond us and its what we need, so lets Do it and we'll be there on our own steam.