Should Clancy referee another Ulster Game ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

George Clancy Referee

I would not be happy to see George Clancy refereeing Ulster again
90%
I would happy to see George Clancy refereeing Ulster again if He apologised
No votes
Hes doing a grand job very fair and unbiased decisions in a difficult match
10%

Total votes: 51

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Should Clancy referee another Ulster Game ?

Post by Shan »

Kendal wrote:
Fair enough point about being a newbie - there's a lot of posts to cover to catch up. But to answer YoungMan's question - it could be the personal nature of the post as well as the stereotyping of folks from Limerick; the stereotyping of Jesuits and general over the top negativity. I generally have a very open, even rabelasian sense of humour but this didn't do it for me.

I'll keep on reading and keep on learning about personalities...
Hey Kendal, don't worry about it. Baggy stereotyped everybody there. He is, thankfully, an equal opportunities merchant when it comes to taking the p-ss or telling it the way it is, or isn't as the case may be. :)

As it is and having gone to the same school as Clancy, though years before he did while it was still a great place full of lovers of and authorities on all things rugby :wink: , and having spoken to people who knew him then I've been reliably informed he was the same then as he is now. That means he was a whinging b-tch who was slagged frequently and would then go home to cry into his mother's apron.

He is quite simply the referee I dislike the most. He is utterly hapless but is so arrogant he actually believes he is all that. That famous day in Shannon RFC when he was chased and insulted(cheating Bruff c-nt or words similar) he cost Shannon the game and 25k euro through his quite unbelievable levels of stupidity and obtuseness. That was the day when the authorities should have realised this guy is a danger to himself and more importantly to the game of rugby. It is also clearly proof positive that this numbskull is protected from on high....Cork Con were handed the victory that day and it is and always was wise to keep them on side if you had ambition.....oops I'll say no more on that score.

What I will say is that unless this guy murders a player on the field of play, and maybe not even then, he will always be selected to referee. If I had any influence I wouldn't just deselect him. I'd disappear him just to make doubly sure he can't infect my game with his poison. Then I'd appoint John Lacey in his place. A good Shannon man, even if he is a fecking Tipperary muck savage, so his rugby knowledge is obviously of seriously high standard :wink: He has been doing quite well in my opinion in recent games.

As they are not going to remove him they should at least show him how a scrummage works and then introduce him to the basics of the rest of the game.

FFS I'd even take Cork Con loving Bertie Smith over this complete gowlbag and that is saying something.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kendal wrote:BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.
How very amusing, need any help getting that poker out of yer reeking fundament?
a_tissue_for_your_issue_t_shirt__56909_thumb.jpg
a_tissue_for_your_issue_t_shirt__56909_thumb.jpg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Aargh, Shan, you've just about doubled my BP and ruined my Sunday breakfast by mentioning that "pillar of the refereeing establishment," Bertie Smith. He reffed at Malone several times and we hated him deeply. When we heard he was the ref for a match, we expected to lose - seriously! Nevertheless, you are absolutely right in saying he was a better ref than Clancy. I suppose the only positive thing we can say about Clancy is that he seems to be pretty much universally hated in Ireland. He must be very popular in sheepshagland, mind you.
And I also agree with you about John Lacey. He's the second best ref in Ireland, after Rolland, IMHO.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Kendal wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Kendal wrote:BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.
:scratch:

I'm going to put that down to the fact that you are a newbie around here and you've not read many of BT's posts :wink:

Best to have a good read around here first before you make a declaration of offence :wink:

Fair enough point about being a newbie - there's a lot of posts to cover to catch up. But to answer YoungMan's question - it could be the personal nature of the post as well as the stereotyping of folks from Limerick; the stereotyping of Jesuits and general over the top negativity. I generally have a very open, even rabelasian sense of humour but this didn't do it for me.

Kendall simply put Baggy thinks he is funny.

Personally I don't think he is - but others seem to
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well Shan, much as my highly offensive description of the Clancy was thrown together around a few facts and a load of prejudice against the man and his antecedents, liberally sprinkled with assumptions of a nature so dubious as to be a tissue of lies............................. it appears I actually didn't miss and hit the wall.

Have to say I love the word "gowlbag" though of course here it should be gowlbeg. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ardglass2 wrote:
Kendal wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
:scratch:

I'm going to put that down to the fact that you are a newbie around here and you've not read many of BT's posts :wink:

Best to have a good read around here first before you make a declaration of offence :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: not quite as funny as you Ardglass. Oi Kendal don't listen to him,he doesn't like being caught on to be bullshitting and never forgets who pointed it out to him & the world in general. :roll:

By the way Kendal, I trust you'll forgive the grumpy sod for misspelling your name - you should by the way since you share his affliction. :wink:

Of course I'm fecking funny, practically a lunatic FFS.

By the way, love the "rabelasian sense of humour" bit, can't wait to read more of your posts, though in fairness to Rabelais you might have tried spelling it correctly if you were going to lean on the old rascals name to make your point - rabalaisian and personally, though not strictly required, I'd have used a capital R as a sign of respect to an absolutely wonderful old ballix. A man for whom the word Rapscallion could have been invented & who knows, certainly not me for in truth I'm not much of a scholar, possibly was.

Now lets put all this nastiness behind us and be best buddies. You are new, I'm an acquired taste, but as I said only a week or two back I don't pick on new boys unless I suspect them of being reincarnations of old rascals.

Whaddyasay? Best buddies or should I add you to my short but well managed shitlist?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

+ 1
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

caledoniancelt wrote:Kendall simply put Baggy thinks he is funny.

+ 1
Oh the pain, "et tu Brute ?" :( :( :( (see he couldn't spell your name either Kendal) :duh:
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have taken the liberty of researching Clancy's background, the following lines contain my findings :

I have done a little research, Clancy comes from a long line who, to be polite are on the lunatic fringe of Irish Republicanism. He is related to each an every man who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1916, mainly cos his grandmother was a lady of loose morals, indeed in her day she was known as a right frigging slag. Of course the fact that they were all executed when the "blood sacrifice" which was the 1916 rising was quelled, caused a certain amount of bitterness, they never had a chance to decide who his grandfather really was.

At the time when Michael Collins was shot Clancy's great grandfather had been holding Collins's spittoon and was collateral damage in the volley of shots.

During the great depression of the thirties the Clancy family were on their uppers and some came north looking for work but the best that any of them got, being feckless lazy bogtrotters, was a position as a "wringer out" for a one armed window cleaner. The window cleaner was a rabid Orangeman of course and treated Clancy's relative abominably, amongst the kinder things he called him was "ya lazy Munter gobshoite" and in those years a kernel of resentment of all things Ulster was germinated deep within the Clancy psyche.

World War II was no kinder to the Clancys than the previous couple of decades and against their will they took the Kings Schilling and although none were killed in combat, seven of them were shot for cowardice.

Now a decimated dispirit bunch of Limerick lower class, euphemistically referred to as scummers, life continued to be a struggle. He had an uncle charged with gun running for PIRA though thanks to timely threats to witnesses no charges were proven.

In 1977 George Clancy popped out from between his ma's legs and he has been a crying bitch of a boy ever since. George's father was a slightly deeper thinker than most Clancys and realised the young gossoon needed an education and sent him to St Munchin's college where he was routinely buggered by Jesuits

Over the next decades he developed a love of rugby but his career ended when he tripped over a white line and he had to turn to refereeing for his pleasure - note: HIS pleasure.

Most of the rest is history, with George starting his career with an under 15's match which ended 0-0 - can't imagine why. His reputation grew and by 2011 he had been upgraded from "truly frigging dreadful" to "abysmal" and so was selected to ref at RWC 2011 in NZ where his proudest moment was showing Jack Fourie a yellow card.

And so this scumbeg turned up at Caaaaaaaadiff Arms Park - which if you've never been is an even bigger dump than Stradey was - to ruin a perfectly good game of rugby which he managed effortlessly.

(only most if this post has its foundation in truth)

This type of nonsense should not be allowed. It is sectarian at best at if there is a moderator then this person should be removed from this site.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bopeep wrote:
This type of nonsense should not be allowed. It is sectarian at best at if there is a moderator then this person should be removed from this site.
Why sectarian ? Beacuse I called an Orangeman "rabid"? Catch yourself on. :scratch:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I believe referring to an Orangeman in anyway is sectarian. They are an inherently sectarian bunch. :duck:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:I believe referring to an Orangeman in anyway is sectarian. They are an inherently sectarian bunch. :duck:
Not really for me to say Jackie, as Shan says I am strictly an equal opportunities slegger. One must retain one's neutrality to protect the integrity of one's slegging. :wink:
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Out of interest I put the words "George Clancy ref" in to google. Plenty of opinion. :stir:
Worth a troll if you're bored on a Sunday.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Not much positive on Google
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

Might bring a wee smile to some of ur faces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_GnQBH9 ... ata_player

Have a look...

Maybe it's an approach we should take with Clancy
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane