Ulster V Scarlets Live Updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster V Scarlets Live Updates

Post by therealspratt »

Deccie Fitz had a great game, really saw the difference when he went off.

Edit: Don't know about Jacko being injured looks alright parading around the pitch now!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

To be fair to Marshall,when he came on we were making a lot of subs especially in the scrum,we probably took our eye off the ball and had an eye on the final,we went into our shell and had very little go forward ball.We are now thru to the final,and that is what counts.Best played well,Diack and Court had fantastic games,Piennar was just class,somehow I reckon or hope that the MOTM thread will throw up some interesting nominations. :cheers: :cheers: :D :bowdown: :bowdown: >drinks >appl
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

therealspratt wrote:Deccie Fitz had a great game, really saw the difference when he went off.

Edit: Don't know about Jacko being injured looks alright parading around the pitch now!

Yup what a great front row out there to night.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I should add just for Big Mervyn's benefit that after a scrappy start Ulster won >EW :cheers:
WJ McBride
Novice

Post by WJ McBride »

MOM Piennar for me. (But tbh, you could give it to him most weeks!) Cave had some game tho. Rory & Chris as well.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

WJ McBride wrote:MOM Piennar for me. (But tbh, you could give it to him most weeks!) Cave had some game tho. Rory & Chris as well.

I thought Cave had a better came in the second half than he did in first one,he should be experienced enough now to not let the nerves get to him.Olding seemed to be the more mature player in the midfield.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

PJ with ice on his leg after the game. Dunno how bad but he was walking about fine after the game (no limping or apparent pain) so I think it was maybe just precautionary.

Initial thoughts:
- Marshall had a shocker once he came on. Really disappointed.
- Controlled the game for 60 mins then for some reason we decided to stop playing and eased up. I don't care if we're saving players or we simply think the job is done, I think taking our foot off the pedal is just unprofessional. We could have put a cricket score on them if we wanted to.
- Fitz in the scrum was brilliant. Lutton struggled against Rhodri Jones which I was rather surprised at.
- Robbie Diack and Nick Williams were both great again. Our back row right now is superb.
- Trimble I thought had a poor game. For all the touting he had as the player of the season, that was one of his worst performances for a long time in my opinion.

Anyway, on to the final, roll on the 25th May!!! :cheers: :red:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Court played really well,he must be on the replacements bench for the Lions at loosehead.
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Good first 50 poor last 30. We lost momentum with the 2 bad Scarlets injuries and some awful pingpong kicking. Instead of milling about the pitch during the injury breaks I would have liked to see the team going through some drills with some choice words to maintain their concentration. Ulster's momentum disappeared during those stoppages.

We also & again lacked that ruthless streak to really put them away - the Scarlets really were a shambles but we are in the Final. Job done. :cheers: :fleg:

Some stand out performance for me - Diack in the 1st half, Cave with some great lines and Rory was simply superb in everything he did. Deservedly MOTM IMHO. However, Pineaar was a class apart IMHO. I said to FRB Senior tonight that I will probably talk to my son about Pineear with the same reverence and awe that Senior talked to me about CMH Gibson (many years ago!). Pineaar just looks like he has loads of time on the ball and is invariably in the right place at the right time. Sheer class. >appl

Onwards we go. :red:
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Strange about Marshall's performance as he came on, has looked a lot more settled of late and had been rather solid in defence taking on fellas twice his size, not sure what was happening there. Was also a bit disappointed with Ricky given the last few performances he's put in but I'm hoping that it was just an off night!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

therealspratt wrote:Strange about Marshall's performance as he came on, has looked a lot more settled of late and had been rather solid in defence taking on fellas twice his size, not sure what was happening there. Was also a bit disappointed with Ricky given the last few performances he's put in but I'm hoping that it was just an off night!

I just got the impression the foot was being taken off the accelerator,hopefully our opposition in the final will be as confused as us for those last 15 mins when the game was won.