Heineken Cup Replaced

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Heineken Cup Replaced

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:When I read a poodle PRL "journalist" write bullshit such as this,
Despite more than 50 per cent of the €44m (£37.4m) revenue generated by ERC being distributed among the Pro 12 clubs, the Welsh regions claim they are the poor relations of the Celtic teams.
I start to wonder if he can write this blatant piece of excrement with not a smattering of supporting evidence, how reliable is anything he writes to be given credence?

TB, I have to say I grow tired of you introducing such bullshit and when questioned resort to the "I don't know, just saying defence" having stated a firm opinion that it is all done & dusted and in the words of a twit from several decades ago "It'll be all over by Christmas."

I do understand an agreement will be reached for much as Goze & McTwattery may bluster, it is absolutely nobodies interest for their not to be a competition next year & those two gentlemen know that an Anglo-French competition would be just as successful as that Anglo-Welsh rubbish.

Furthermore I expect that there will be concessions made on team numbers, which I find all of sad, unnecessary & inexplicable given their is no material benefit in the reduction of numbers in terms of the pressure on the rugby calendar. On money division, not because anyone actually sees it as "fair", probably not even the English & French, but because it will be bullied through.

What I do find interesting is that the 12 person committee, actually hands more power potentially to a united Celt & Italian cabal than at present, unless of course there is a weighting of votes so that England rules Europe as is her birthright :roll:

Damage will be done to the development of rugby at the very least in Scotland & Italy & I find that regrettable. Neither Scotland or Italy may have made much of an impression in European rugby however a situation that means 2 out of every three teams being French or English will take much of the colour & indeed the "occasion" out of the occasion.

OK boys & girls, that's the end of the reasoned stuff................

Finally I curse every English & French son of a bitch that ever took an interest in rugby, may every one of these hateful muthafeckers die an agonising death with their legs up , I spit in their broth & point my Crozier in their general direction. I hate every single son of a bitch who attends PRL games or watches them on TV ............ sorry but that includes you Rev. Moiraman, ditch BT & return to the flock. feck BT I'll never do business again with you vermin.

Ahem............ that's about it for now. >EW

+1
Legs, I trust you will join me in adding the fecking Welsh to my shitlist.

I had been prepared to welcome Cardiff warmly in view of M Rees unfortunate circumstances & whilst I still wish him good health on a personal basis, I utterly condemn those weak spirited Welsh scvmbegs who have always hankered to be England's pet project. Where is bloody Ospreylian when you wish to taunt him within an inch of his life?

It would appear we are doomed with this gutless fracture by the sheepworriers just when solidarity was required.

Promise me you will all always refer to the European Cup as the Heineken.

Who knows maybe McTwattery's BT deal will be so good that we can happily spit in the faces of all or any potential sponsors :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

tigerburnie wrote:THe Unions are in London talking to the PRL, so obviously the Unions will deal with their own Clubs/Regions/Provinces, but it seems that the ERC way of doing things has come to an end. Will there be totally new people on the new Competitions board, I don't know and I can't guess either.
TB - There have been about 4 more pages added since I last visited this thread earlier today and perhaps someone else has asked you this already, in which case, please accept my apologies for not having trawled through them yet, but which part of "the unions ARE the clubs/regions/provinces" do you not understand? It has been repeated ad nauseum but you still don't seem to get it? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Feck me, Cardifff beat Toulon and all of a sudden they think they are decent again.

Back in your box regions.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Whilst I completely disagree with what has happened, I can sort of understand why, the regions not the union have been haemorrhaging players for a couple of seasons now, the WRU in spite of record profits appear to have done nothing to help the regions keep their best players and to make them more competitive both in the league and Europe, a bit like Ulster a few seasons ago until Humphs secured more funding from the IRFU. Will be interesting to see if the WFU try and face down the regions or maybe the regions are doing this with the unofficial approval of the Union.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Baggy,

I know a lot of welsh rugby fans and not a single one of them identifies with a 'region'. The majority of welsh rugby supporters support their national team and grass roots club rugby. They see the regions only as a means of feeding the national team.

I suspect that there will be very few 'Blues' supporters at Ravenhill on Friday and the majority of welsh rugby supporters will be backing the WRU when they tell the regions to feck off later in the week.

SUFTUM
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It seemed the tactic was to strangle the Regions so the Union could take back 100% control.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

LLS I hope you are correct
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Jackie Brown wrote:It seemed the tactic was to strangle the Regions so the Union could take back 100% control.
Doesn't seem to be going too well.... The Regions Strike Back
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Jackie Brown wrote:Feck me, Cardifff beat Toulon and all of a sudden they think they are decent again.

Back in your box regions.

In their little sheepish hearts they've always hated Irish success; and, being the Brennan-end of England, geographically and metaphorically speaking they have an inbred arrogance vis a vis rugby and who has the divine right to rule.

The old sheep dog of England has barked and the flock has responded in the usual spineless manner.

The Welsh - who prayed on their knees and preyed on their neighbours.

BTW, as baggy trousers has suggested,a rendition of Stand up for Matthew Rees would be in order.
Last edited by GLENN CORNICK on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

scrum5 wrote:Whilst I completely disagree with what has happened, I can sort of understand why, the regions not the union have been haemorrhaging players for a couple of seasons now,
So they decide to go with an agreement which will give the English and French clubs even more money relative to them?

They are a smart bunch alright... :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

As George Hook, that doyen of Irish rugby, says; 'The Welsh are always the first to surrender'.
Thy slabber on about Rorke's Drift, but they were led by an Englishman and a Frog (wot again :shock: )and only beat a few lads with spears and sticks who were allegedly stoned off their trollies.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

scrum5 wrote:LLS I hope you are correct
No way of knowing, Scrum, but anything that weakens the WRU or the national set up will be very unpopular with the majority in Wales, irrespective of how it might be played in the media.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:THe Unions are in London talking to the PRL, so obviously the Unions will deal with their own Clubs/Regions/Provinces, but it seems that the ERC way of doing things has come to an end. Will there be totally new people on the new Competitions board, I don't know and I can't guess either.
TB - There have been about 4 more pages added since I last visited this thread earlier today and perhaps someone else has asked you this already, in which case, please accept my apologies for not having trawled through them yet, but which part of "the unions ARE the clubs/regions/provinces" do you not understand? It has been repeated ad nauseum but you still don't seem to get it? :scratch:
Okay - having read on, it looks like Snipe has told you (several times) what I said above ...... still you've been told many times before and it didn't sink in, so probably still hasn't ...........
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ah the old adversaries of the WRU
LAUNCH OF REGIONAL RUGBY WALES LTD
By Gemma James | 21/10/2008

The four Regions have established Regional Rugby Wales Ltd, a company specifically formed to represent and administer the combined professional rugby interests of all four Regions in Wales.

STATEMENT BY WALES’ FOUR RUGBY REGIONS ON LAUNCH OF REGIONAL RUGBY WALES LTD

Since the advent of regional rugby in Wales and the signing of a participation agreement with the WRU in 2004, it has become clear that a stronger partnership approach to the running and administration of professional rugby in Wales is now required. Other nations, including England and France, have met similar challenges by creating progressive partnerships between their professional tiers and respective governing bodies and we believe such an approach in Wales is long overdue.

This need is highlighted by the attempts over the past 18 months to reach a conclusion over an extended participation agreement, which is due to expire in May next year. Having reached a basis of agreement with the WRU in May last year, culminating in a written offer from the Union, we have since found ourselves back at the drawing board after the Union inexplicably withdrew the agreed offer it had made. Over the past three months, the Regions and the WRU have subsequently had over 14 meetings, where little or no progress has been achieved.

Most recently, the issue of player release has been the latest indication that a more considered approach to the game must be adopted. The mid-season request for additional player release at the expense of existing, scheduled, professional cross-border competition only goes to highlight the current lack of well-considered strategic planning. As previously stated, the Regions have always treated as paramount our part in support of the national team which, last year, saw the Regions release players for nearly twice the amount of time formally required. But, whilst certain Union executives have received bonuses paid for through the use of these players, the very same executives have failed to fulfil their agreement to recompense the Regions for using them in the first place.

As the national coach has so correctly identified, England and other nations are indeed at a greater advantage to Wales, but not just in having greater access to players for international duties. Their advantage is derived from working practices aimed at the betterment of the game as a whole through the creation of true partnership bodies.

These organisations have thoughtfully and collectively addressed issues such as rugby development, elite player development, academy systems, player welfare, enhanced domestic marketing, season structure and jointly taken advantage of enhanced funding streams to deliver commercial sustainability.

It is for these reasons that the four Regions have jointly taken the initiative of establishing Regional Rugby Wales Ltd, a company specifically formed to represent and administer the combined professional rugby interests of all four Regions in Wales. We believe Regional Rugby Wales can act as a catalyst for a new era of the professional game in Wales and begin the process of driving a new strategic approach to the game, similar to that now enjoyed by other leading nations in the rugby playing world. In order to help add impetus to this goal, Regional Rugby Wales has appointed as its interim chief executive, the architect of regional rugby in Wales, former WRU chief executive David Moffett. With the sole mandate of Regional Rugby Wales and the four Regions, David will now lead discussions with the WRU aimed at delivering a long-term, sustainable solution for the administration of the professional game in Wales.

RRW interim chief executive David Moffett said:

“The establishment of Regional Rugby Wales by the four Welsh regions is a highly positive step and one I am sure the WRU will welcome. The Regions have quite rightly recognised that, like other nations, the key to the future success of the game lies in a professional partnership for the overall success of the game.

“The modern era of rugby requires modern solutions and I firmly believe the time has come for both Regions and Union to embrace the best practice already employed by other nations and arrive at a similar outcome and similar advantage for Wales.

“I have no doubt that with a true partnership effort, by the time of the Six Nations we can have achieved an outcome that will take Wales forwards to ever greater success.
Directors and Secretaries
Geoff Atherton
19 Nov 2008 ⇒ Present (4 Years) Director
William Blyth
Huw Evans
Ian Gallacher
Martyn Hazell
Richard Holland
19 Nov 2012 ⇒ Present (11 Months) Director
Peter Thomas
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/r ... ugby-wales
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Amiga500 wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Whilst I completely disagree with what has happened, I can sort of understand why, the regions not the union have been haemorrhaging players for a couple of seasons now,
So they decide to go with an agreement which will give the English and French clubs even more money relative to them?

They are a smart bunch alright... :roll:
No one said they were clever....